Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BBC2 9pm Tonight - Will it snow ?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Pangea wrote: »
    I thought it was a good programme, better than More Fours programme over the last 2 years.
    They covered every type of forecaster, the met uk, the nature observer and the independent forecasts.

... I .... VAGUELY remember them saying " Yes It WILL snow "... :);) , where though now.... ye well that wasnt in the title hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I was disappointed that they didn't get a bit more into the science of the jet stream, el nino/la nina, sunspots (though we at least got something about the latter).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

Very poor show, i was looking forward to it as well!
    My old Brother (Who loves the discovery channel) I found this really dull
    told me to change after 40mins into show!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Tindie wrote: »
    Very poor show, i was looking forward to it as well!
    Turn it off after 40 Mins

Last 20 mins was amazing :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭missrandomer

I would of thought they would have talked to some other forcasters other than the met office. Obvious choice but they mentioned alot of people look at internet for the weather, then why not talk to some of the people who are behind the forcasting.... surely it would have been a little bit more varied instead of just saying they cant go beyond 3-5 days...

Still i kno wat im askin off santa.... defo a snow machine, pple would rent them like bouncy castles i reckon:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭200motels

I thought it was very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

baraca wrote: »
    I want a snow making machine :(

http://www.snowathome.com/index.php

Im seriously tempted to buy one! :D

Dan :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    http://www.snowathome.com/index.php

Im seriously tempted to buy one! :D

Dan :cool:

i would buy one no bother only it has to be -2 or less to use it !!! pity ..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Did you know that it is snowing on the Equator according to Snow Forecast ......which is a website that forecasts Snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭homersimpson

There is a repeat of this on tonight at 12:20 on BBC 2 :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

The serious flaw was that they didn't talk to any independent forecasters. They kept mentioning the internet and they even had a spot with the presenters looking up some internet forecasts. But they never spoke to any of these forecasters.

It was a real flaw in the programme and I'm surprised that it was allowed to happen. Basically the whole point of the programme was whether long range forecasting is credible and yet they didn't feature any long range forecasters.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

repeat tonight at 12.20 for anyone that missed it !!
    on sky channel 142 , must record it...

Advertisement