Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Current Weather Conditions - October 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,060 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

After a cloudy morning in Castlebar it brightened up nicely with good sunshine this evening if a little breezy.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

quiet cold out tonight , alot cooler than the last few nights...

9 degrees..

EDIT.... down to 7.3 now 23.53.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

Wind 14.2 km/h SSW. Barometer 1012.9 mb, Rising slowly. Temperature 11.3 °C. Rain today 0.0 mm. Humidity 89%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Getting cool here, 7 degrees, feels colder. Would expect ground frost tonight i'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Temperature guage reads 14.5c, conditions are dry. Moderate south westerly breeze and sunny here in thurles.

A nice October day!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

12 deg,heavy drizzle,wind south westerly 2-3

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Misty, Temp 13.4c

www.waterfordcityweather.com

A dry bright day in Castlebar until this evening where it turned damp.It remains mild.

Wind 15.5 km/h SSE. Barometer 1008.3 mb, Falling. Temperature 11.7 °C. Rain today 0.0 mm. Humidity 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭jdee99

wind 20 km/h SW, 1004.3hPa Steady, Temp 15.6C, Humidity 94% and 3.6mm of rain today in Ballyhaunis

• Advertisement

dull damp and rain , same as every other day !!! 15 degrees........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Poring down with rain here in Ballina (north Mayo), which is funny as the met.ie radar is not showing anything around here - it's been useless since the last upgrade.

A damp day in Castlebar with rain/drizzle until this evening where it has turned alot colder with some heavy showers at the moment.Fresh to Strong NW'LY.

Wind 17.2 km/h SW. Barometer 1002.3 mb, Falling slowly. Temperature 7.6 °C. Rain today 0.0 mm. Humidity 93%

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Pretty Windy here in Donegal and very heavy rain with some Hailstones. 7.9C

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Any truth to the rumour there's snow in Wicklow?

Any truth to the rumour there's snow in Wicklow?

didnt hear anything...

9 degree here & jus started to spill raining........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

6.0C here at the moment, no snow here anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Snow shower reported at Finner Camp, 3.2mm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Heavy hail in NW Donegal.

Lasted about 3 minutes before dying down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Really heavy hail showers overnight, my bed is right under a velux window so it kept waking me up every hour or so.

Is that snow report at Finner official? Early end to the forecast contest if it is!

9.5 oC , pissing raining .......:(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

10 deg,dry,wind north westerly 5-6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

It was very stormy last night. Electricty kept going off and on so I eventually unplugged laptop. No updates from Eskimocat Weather til I get home to plug it in again :D

There was hail reported locally, and heard a big clap of thunder this morning. Didn't see any lightning though :(

In Collooney, it has brightened up since earlier this morning, occasional showers but blue skies now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Really feels like winter today, bitterly cold out with strong winds and a torrential downpour of rain and hail every half an hour or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

absolutely freezing cold here in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Harps wrote: »
    Really heavy hail showers overnight, my bed is right under a velux window so it kept waking me up every hour or so.

Is that snow report at Finner official? Early end to the forecast contest if it is!

I saw it on the met.ie report section. I think it was the midnight one. Havn't seen any confirmation of it though.

Noticably cool outside here in Swords. Wind is the first one of the upcoming season that bites through you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

dsmythy wrote: »
    Snow shower reported at Finner Camp, 3.2mm
    Met E website
    Many of the measurements come from automated instruments with no human supervision. These are generally very reliable but, as with any system, human or automatic, errors can happen from time to time. During automatic operation, the "Weather" is estimated by an optical instrument. Classification of weather-type is significantly more difficult than measuring temperature or pressure and the result is occasionally incorrect. In particular, you may see a very occasional report of snow during periods of foggy weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭John mac

here's the 23:00 report
    177029.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nippy wind, but just the odd brief shower. Very spring like as it happens.

Advertisement