Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding living people for family tree?

• 31-08-2011 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi all,

Just found this thread today and realised it might be of help as ive hit a wall with my family tree.
    I did a tree for both my parents side and discovered lots of interesting stuff,and have gone well back past the 1901 census which im happy with.
    The problem i have is that i found out i have aunts and uncles still living (i think).One of which was living quiet close to home. Ive looked around and talked to people in the area to see if they've ever heard of her but no luck.I have her maiden and marriage name(not officially,just from word of mouth so could be mistakes in names etc) so the question i have is if there is a way to find a living person?
    Im not sure how much contact i want yet but this women would be able to complete the family tree which would be great.

thanks

GH

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Hi look on the family site forums line rootschat and ancestry there's usually. Folk on there doing the same tree

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Actually Rootschat doesn't allow you to search for living people so don't try there.

Have you considered the electoral register and the telephone directory? www.checktheregister.ie

You can also go into the GRO (Irish Life buildings on Abbey St) and search manually for her marriage. If you have her maiden and married names, you'd be able to cross reference to find the cert. Then you could search forward in the registers for children and you might get a current address, if they haven't moved. The GRO is not just for long dead people - it's updated all the time.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭KazM

Sign up for Genes ReUnited [part of Friends ReUnited website] - They have a contact board and you can either search for names you are looking for, or you can post an appeal for folks who may be looking for their family connections. the person you seek might not be registered, but someone who knows them may well be - always good to have lots of irons in the fire ...

Happy Hunting

• Registered Users Posts: 30 gateshead

Thanks for your help guys.The GRO idea seems like the best for the moment.Ive tried searching online but its unlikely she is looking for us online as she is elderly and most likely doesnt know we exist.
    Also tried directory and check the register but no good because i dont have an exact address,i have it narrowed down to around 1 of 2 towns or surrounding areas in kildare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭CeannRua

Have you tried Local Studies of Kildare Co Library? They might have paper copies of the register of electors.

• Advertisement
Advertisement