Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Conor Mcgregor arrested again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Some people are saying it was Khabibs fans recording him and shouting obscenities whilst he was walking with his family. Conor asked them to please refrain and they persisted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

greenspurs wrote: »
    He was arrested, again, ….. :rolleyes:

It is a big deal. As he is a worldwide (?) superstar of MMA.
    It would be like Ronaldo getting arrested …

What was Ronaldo arrested for this time? Dodging tax or rape?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Some people are saying it was Khabibs fans recording him and shouting obscenities whilst he was walking with his family. Conor asked them to please refrain and they persisted.

Who gives a sheeeet lol

• Registered Users Posts: 16,272 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The "fan" showed Connor WhatsApp messages that had allegations that Connor was involved in serious crime in Ireland and called him names.
    Connor flipped took his phone off him and smashed it.

Don't know why he got annoyed, sure everyone knows about that because they are allowed to talk about it outside Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,741 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

He can dish out shyte talk but can't take it.

Anyway, what do you expect from someone with no class?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Jasus be some craic if he met big bubba-ray in the shared cell

Zzzzzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The fact he actually stole the phone as well, after smashing it, would lead me to believe there was photos taken of something, or someone, he did not want photos taken of.

Yeah, himself!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭granturismo

Nice of him to walk his family out of a nightclub at 5am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    He's kinna boring now, I wonder how quickly he ll get through his money

Pretty quickly with his lifestyle.
    lawred2 wrote: »
    What a waster

Enough about Leo, we are talking about McGregor here.
    Twitter is saying a sentence of between 21 months and 15 years in a state prison for anyone found guilty of the second degree felony of strongarm robbery.

For an average Joe. He'll get away with a fine with the legal support he can buy.

Quite a jump from a calm "please refrain" to grabbing a phone and smashing it. Is Conor a "please refrain" kind of guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Nice of him to walk his family out of a nightclub at 5am.

And frankly amazing that he only said "please refrain" :D
    What a polite chap!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

Homer wrote: »
    Ooh didn’t see that anywhere in the news reports? We’re you actually there? The Americans do love a bit of fake news

No sister was there saw the whole thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭KikiLaRue

I know his uncle. Apparently he's offered that girl €250k "but she won't go away". I wouldn't "go away" for that money either, knowing what he's worth and the severity of what he is accused of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭I see sheep

He was dead right, smartphone idiots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

KikiLaRue wrote: »
    I know his uncle. Apparently he's offered that girl €250k "but she won't go away". I wouldn't "go away" for that money either, knowing what he's worth and the severity of what he is accused of.

Of course you do

Of course you do

Believe me or don't, but you do understand that he has an extended family and that lots of people in Dublin are friendly with them?

Believe me or don't, but you do understand that he has an extended family and that lots of people in Dublin are friendly with them?

I don’t.

I don’t.

Grand. Well anyway, we have the same local and he's friendly with some people I'm friendly with, so I overheard him telling them the above.

Grand. Well anyway, we have the same local and he's friendly with some people I'm friendly with, so I overheard him telling them the above.

You said you know his uncle.

Are you saying now you know people who are friendly with his uncle???

Some change of story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

For smashing a phone some idiot was waving in his face.
    Come on Wheelie, where did it say that? Was it in self-defense then?
    That would be a bit of a stretch ............. excuse the pun.
    My point is there is much more important news than this.

It’s really not a big deal.
    My point is that it should be a big deal. McGregor slapped the phone out of the man's hand, then he stomped on it, and then he stole it. It was a $1,000 phone.

The problem is that these types of incidences are treated as non-events in Ireland. In the US, it is treated as a strong arm robbery.
    I only wish that our prosecution services would do likewise in Ireland for similar crimes. It would lead to a better quality of life for all of us and it may deter scumbags from acting like scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Lock him up.

I'd sooner have that Irish Isis bride back in the country than this thug with all the baggage he brings.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭VeryTerry

Effects wrote: »
    Zzzzzzzz

Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead.

Some change of story.

I know his uncle. People I'm friendly with are friendly with him. Both of those things are true. I'm not personally friendly with him. That's the distinction I was making - I know his name, he knows mine, we say hello to each other. But I only know what he said above because of the people I know who are actually friendly with him.

Why is this so hard for you to believe?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Strong-armed robbery for slapping a phone out of someone's hand?
    Word inflation galore.
    Like when people call it "assault" to even just touch someone.

EDIT, ok so he left with it - that makes it robbery
    The fighter was leaving the Fontainebleau Miami Beach hotel after 5 a.m. on Monday when someone tried to take a photo of him with a cell phone, according to police. McGregor reacted by destroying the phone, then picking it up and walking away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Barbrady

greenspurs wrote: »
    He was arrested, again, ….. :rolleyes:

It is a big deal. As he is a worldwide (?) superstar of MMA.
    It would be like Ronaldo getting arrested …

Actually Ronaldo did throw a reporters microphone into a lake during the Euros a few year back. Not quite the same as smashing someones phone but people have breaking points.

Kivaro wrote: »
    Come on Wheelie, where did it say that? Was it in self-defense then?
    That would be a bit of a stretch ............. excuse the pun.

My point is that it should be a big deal. McGregor slapped the phone out of the man's hand, then he stomped on it, and then he stole it. It was a $1,000 phone.

The problem is that these types of incidences are treated as non-events in Ireland. In the US, it is treated as a strong arm robbery.
    I only wish that our prosecution services would do likewise in Ireland for similar crimes. It would lead to a better quality of life for all of us and it may deter scumbags from acting like scumbags.

Haha he won’t be going to jail, there will be nothing different to if it happened here.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,956 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Some change of story.

Dublin ain't that big of place, given his profile plenty of people know what he gets up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

Seen the pics of his family on social media of their trip to the Versace mansion all decked out in their Versace clothes.

I don't think I have seen anything as tacky in my whole life. You really can't buy class.

Used to have respect for him with the hard work and dedication he put in to get to the top of his profession.

He is nothing more than the main clown in the circus sideshow.

rob316 wrote: »
    Dublin ain't that big of place, given his profile plenty of people know what he gets up to.

Some celebrities try to keep a low profile. McGregor speeds around the place in a bright orange Lambourghini and then gets upset if people take a photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

biko wrote: »
    Strong-armed robbery for slapping a phone out of someone's hand?
    Word inflation galore.
    Like when people call it "assault" to even just touch someone.

Surely a smart person like yourself knows you don't even have to touch someone to be convicted of assault in Ireland.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,272 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I wonder will he be dealt with differently seeing as he is a professional fighter who assaulted and ordinary person who probably has no martial arts training.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement