Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Twins 1 day apart, one with baptism, one with birth cert?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I wouldn't be taking the word of a wikitree, even well sourced. Have you conducted your own search?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

pinkypinky wrote: »
    I wouldn't be taking the word of a wikitree, even well sourced. Have you conducted your own search?

Sorry yeah, those are my entries I should have mentioned, based on original records.

For example, any time I've encountered twins before, they are in the baptism records, one after the other. To have one baptised on its own is strange but perhaps one was too sick? No death record for Honoria though.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭blue banana

Possibly - Honora and Thomas are the same person. Priest made an error in the baptism record and entered Honora in error instead of Thomas?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Earnest

Possibly - Honora and Thomas are the same person. Priest made an error in the baptism record and entered Honora in error instead of Thomas?

I have a similar situation in my own family - too long ago for anyone to remember. The conclusion I came to was that the sex of the child was mistaken at birth, and the mistake realised by the time of baptism. Or possibly there was an element of intersex, and a choice had to be made. (It was also a change from female to male.)

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭montgo

The registrar may have been distracted when registering the birth. The informant was unable to write & possibly unable to read and could not check if the record was correctly written down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Be well and win

is it possible one twin died/stillborn and the wrong twin's birth was registered

Advertisement