Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Google home quizs no longer work

Options
  • 05-06-2019 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭

Hi there

After every meal for months my wife and son play song quiz on google home. Tonight it says "song quiz is not available in your country", it also says this for other quizes.

Can anyone else start song quiz on an Irish google home device tonight ?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Just checked, not working. It use to.

Did you try the riddles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

No but I will, cant do it at the moment as the wife is sleeping. Is it just "hey google tell me a riddle" ?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

There seems to be an issue with Google Home at the moment. The voice on ours changed from US to UK and won't change back. My wife had a look and it seems that it's a problem affecting a lot of people with the voice changing randomly. Whatever problems they're having could be causing issues with the quizzes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I thought the voice had changed on ours alright. I wonder what's happening and is it likely to be fixed any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭wait4me

I think that a few of Googles' services (in the U.S.) had an outage over the weekend and this could be a reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

"Song quiz is not available for devices set up with your country" 16:29 today.

Advertisement