Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda Recruitment July Intake (2019)

• 15-04-2019 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

So, that's another Intake a few of us missed out on from past campaigns.

From 2017 myself and was at ''Awaiting Sign Off''

HRM have said that there should be 2 or 3 more intakes this years and when I asked him when it the next was, his answer was between June and August but no date set yet, so lets call it July for now.

All the best to everyone and here's hoping we get good news in roughly 8/10 weeks or so time
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Gadaves

Pretty sure that there are only two more intakes this year, July and December.

Why did your vetting take so long, I'm waiting for mine aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hoopy1888

Gadaves wrote: »
    Pretty sure that there are only two more intakes this year, July and December.

Why did your vetting take so long, I'm waiting for mine aswell.

I'm just going by what your man said on the phone.

Family overseas as far as I know. Took sooo long to come back. It took the vetting nearly a year and a half to clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Bigred88

I am “still awaiting a decision from senior management.”
    This vetting is a pain in the b***ox.
    I don’t know how it takes over 4 months to review a file and say yes or no .

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Smallboy

Hi friends, I'm from the 2018 campaign. Not waiting as long as you guys, finished my Medical in March and now awaiting vetting.

It's weird, I haven't met my Super or Sergeant yet! I asked HR about it and they said since of where I'm from in Dublin, the station is really busy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭bottar1

I deferred offer I received for April to finish college course, hoping to get July intake!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Morgan09

Hoopy1888 wrote: »
    I'm just going by what your man said on the phone.

Family overseas as far as I know. Took sooo long to come back. It took the vetting nearly a year and a half to clear.

I'm 2016 and still awaiting vetting.ive family over sea too shouldn't be this long though

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

Smallboy wrote: »
    Hi friends, I'm from the 2018 campaign. Not waiting as long as you guys, finished my Medical in March and now awaiting vetting.

It's weird, I haven't met my Super or Sergeant yet! I asked HR about it and they said since of where I'm from in Dublin, the station is really busy!

My daughter met the sergeant last week and said she will meet super in a week or so, she’s in Dublin too. He told her that her vetting is back. She was also in 2016 campaign and was living in cabra then and that took a lot longer as it’s a very busy station, it took over 2 months

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Smallboy

Henry2006 wrote: »
    My daughter met the sergeant last week and said she will meet super in a week or so, she’s in Dublin too. He told her that her vetting is back. She was also in 2016 campaign and was living in cabra then and that took a lot longer as it’s a very busy station, it took over 2 months

Thank you! Did your daughter reach out for guidance by HR or kinda sit and wait? I'm unsure on how to proceed. It's been almost a month since I've heard and honestly, I may be being impatient as there's people here waiting years!

Thank you! Did your daughter reach out for guidance by HR or kinda sit and wait? I'm unsure on how to proceed. It's been almost a month since I've heard and honestly, I may be being impatient as there's people here waiting years!

She rang HR a couple of times and they told her to ring the station and then it started moving. Maybe give HR a call and suggest you do that, I wouldn’t ring the station unless they have said it’s ok

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭philipnash19

Morgan09 wrote: »
    I'm 2016 and still awaiting vetting.ive family over sea too shouldn't be this long though

Have you much family overseas? I just have my sister in Canada and I hope she won't hold me up too long. She's moving home and of the month as well maybe I should tell them that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 minionpower

I'm from the 2017 campaign which vetting came back 6-8 weeks ago so waiting to get signed off.
    Never lived outside Ireland

I think this is crazy and seen different campaigns getting offers first

i was placed 78 on the order of merit.

Interview - 25th September 2017
    vetting started - 26th January 2018
    Medical - 05th February 2018
    PCT - 23rd June 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hoopy1888

I'm from the 2017 campaign which vetting came back 6-8 weeks ago so waiting to get signed off.
    Never lived outside Ireland

I think this is crazy and seen different campaigns getting offers first

i was placed 78 on the order of merit.

Interview - 25th September 2017
    vetting started - 26th January 2018
    Medical - 05th February 2018
    PCT - 23rd June 2018

In the Same boat as you. Seeing 2018 lads who still had vetting outstanding while we as 2017 ''awaiting sign off'' and seeing them get offers is frustrating alright but look July looks a strong possibility now and not that long away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Conboy6

Same boat as most , from 2017 campaign and been waiting sign off from senior management since October/November. Ringing up every week for an update and fobbed off with the same excuse. I’ll give them a break for a couple of weeks and start annoying them again

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭james flanagan

Im from navan road/dublin 7 myself. Met seargent in finglas last week now meeting super on tues in blanch. Cabra must be flat out. I have pct 3rd may. From 2018 campaign

Sorry (smallboy and henry2006)
    Im from navan road dublin 7 myself. Met sergeant in finglas last week, meeting super in blanch tuesday and I have my pct on 3rd May. From 2018 campaign.

Sorry (smallboy and henry2006)
    Im from navan road dublin 7 myself. Met sergeant in finglas last week, meeting super in blanch tuesday and I have my pct on 3rd May. From 2018 campaign.

Best of luck with pct

Thanks henry2006 has your daughter got the date for pct yet?

Thanks henry2006 has your daughter got the date for pct yet?

No she still hasn’t heard, and sent the form in on 3 April so I thought she would have by now. We’re you waiting long to get a date after you sent the form back ?

Ye i heard back within 2-3weeks after i sent it in. She might get a mail next week keep an eye on it monday. Wish her all the best.

Ye i heard back within 2-3weeks after i sent it in. She might get a mail next week keep an eye on it monday. Wish her all the best.

Thanks a mill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Combo country

Hi All
    New to this boards page just looking for information on the garda recruitment trying to download the pdf but keeps saying please wait have uses different laptops and keep getting the same results. Have uses Google chrome and Internet explorer but to no achievement of it work.

Any help is greatly appreciated combo country ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Hi All
    New to this boards page just looking for information on the garda recruitment trying to download the pdf but keeps saying please wait have uses different laptops and keep getting the same results. Have uses Google chrome and Internet explorer but to no achievement of it work.

Any help is greatly appreciated combo country ðŸ‘

Check your downloads folder. Should be able to open it from there.

Elliot192 wrote: »
    Check your downloads folder. Should be able to open it from there.

I think he doesn't have the correct program to use it. If he's opening the PDF in google chrome it won't work, you have to open it in adobe I think, I can't view my Form 1 in google drive for example, because it's a special form, its not a normal PDF.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Letsdoit

Hello I am waiting sign off since Nov and I am from June 2017. I didnt get a spot for April and hopefully will for July but who knows. Is there a point in emailing HRM now or for the next few weeks? As in will you be told your file is signed off or is it a case where they will just say waiting sign off they just send the offer email the weeks before the July intake.

Letsdoit wrote: »
    Hello I am waiting sign off since Nov and I am from June 2017. I didnt get a spot for April and hopefully will for July but who knows. Is there a point in emailing HRM now or for the next few weeks? As in will you be told your file is signed off or is it a case where they will just say waiting sign off they just send the offer email the weeks before the July intake.

No harm in e-mailing or calling to check up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Stickynote10

Hi All, have a quick one for ye, ye might be able to help me! I received a health form from HRM last week and have to send it back this week which I’ve already done! I’m wondering how long are you waiting to get you date for the physical test?

Hi All, have a quick one for ye, ye might be able to help me! I received a health form from HRM last week and have to send it back this week which I’ve already done! I’m wondering how long are you waiting to get you date for the physical test?

My daughter had to send hers back by 5 April and still hadn’t heard back with date for pct. she met sergeant last week

My daughter had to send hers back by 5 April and still hadn’t heard back with date for pct. she met sergeant last week

Oh ok I haven’t meet my sergeant yet or even got a call for them! How long after she received the form did they contact her?

Oh ok I haven’t meet my sergeant yet or even got a call for them! How long after she received the form did they contact her?

About 10 days I think, it’s different for everyone though, would be so much easier if there was a set timescale

• Advertisement

About 10 days I think, it’s different for everyone though, would be so much easier if there was a set timescale

Oh right ok I see, ya it would at least then you wouldn’t be constantly wondering when they will contact! The waiting is a killer hope to god I’ll be in before the year is out

Advertisement