Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda Recruitment Stage 1 (2019 Campaign)

• 08-04-2019 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭

New thread for Stage 1 for the 2019 Campaign that will start May 9th.

Saw a few questions popping up but best to keep all the questions in one thread!

Refer to booklet for outline of stages;
    https://www.publicjobs.ie/restapi/campaignAdverts/103085/booklet

Stage 1 is the unsupervised online assessments.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Hot_Fuzz

bottar1 wrote: »
    New thread for Stage 1 for the 2019 Campaign that will start May 9th.

Saw a few questions popping up but best to keep all the questions in one thread!

Refer to booklet for outline of stages;
    https://www.publicjobs.ie/restapi/campaignAdverts/103085/booklet

Stage 1 is the unsupervised online assessments.

Glad to see this, 2018 thread is reserved ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

This years application form is different to last year. It no longer gives you space or a section to outline places of residency with working and studying! I wonder why! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

job seeker wrote: »
    This years application form is different to last year. It no longer gives you space or a section to outline places of residency with working and studying! I wonder why! :confused:

Yeah i was wondering the same thing. Stage 1 is slightly different too their is no part A and part B all 3 aptitude tests are being sent out together In the one link.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

vardy98 wrote: »
    Yeah i was wondering the same thing. Stage 1 is slightly different too their is no part A and part B all 3 aptitude tests are being sent out together In the one link.

Ah totally missed that! I liked how they done it last year with part A and B as you got a bit of a breather between each!

Edit: the way that they are doing it now, is the same way that they do the clerical officer tests. 3 tests in 1 link!

job seeker wrote: »
    Ah totally missed that! I liked how they done it last year with part A and B as you got a bit of a breather between each!

Edit: the way that they are doing it now, is the same way that they do the clerical officer tests. 3 tests in 1 link!

Yeah i liked the way they done it too, it was nice to have the bit of a break in between. It wiil be over a done with quicker this time since the tests are not spaced out. Hopfully they havnt changed the style of the tests nowas well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 TheTinyGarda

vardy98 wrote: »
    all 3 aptitude tests are being sent out together In the one link.

How do you know this? Did I miss something?

It says it in the Garda Trainee booklet notes for candidates, look under the stage one part and it says it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sazxox

anyone know what provider they use? and is anyone going to the career services course this sat ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Briano1996

Does anyone here know when we'll be updated on stage 1? Like when we'll here back through Public Jobs?

sazxox wrote: »
    anyone know what provider they use?

Cut-e. I'm practicing their free tests. There aren't many available for free, but I don't really wanna pay for the full access. :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Fegb

Cut-e. I'm practicing their free tests. There aren't many available for free, but I don't really wanna pay for the full access. :/

Would you be able to post a link to these ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Alex104

Anywhere to practice tests . I hate them

Hot_Fuzz wrote: »
    Glad to see this, 2018 thread is reserved ;)

Link isn’t working

Alex104 wrote: »
    Anywhere to practice tests . I hate them

Some luck finally !!!! Came across Stage 1 and Stage 2 prep on a site called Garda IP. Flying through the tests . Brill. PM me if you want to chat through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Fegb

Some luck finally !!!! Came across Stage 1 and Stage 2 prep on a site called Garda IP. Flying through the tests . Brill. PM me if you want to chat through.

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 34 lucymangoo96

Could you PM me with link of the practice tests? Am bricking it over them..

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CMcPhillips

has anyone received any word from publicjobs.ie about the aptitude tests?

Nope I haven’t heard a thing, I thought we would have got some info by now, probably tomorrow I’d say.

Nope. I'm dying to get some additional info, but haven't heard anything yet. :(

Any news? I was really expecting to hear from them with the stage 1 booklet at least a couple of days before the 9th. :(

• Advertisement

Same, career services also thought it was going to be mid last week!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 al1990

sazxox wrote: »
    Same, career services also thought it was going to be mid last week!

Did career services say what format they think is coming up for the verbal and non verbal?

Nah said they couldnt say but that it would say in that familarisation email ....

out now finally

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

Stage 1 part A is now live guys. Best of luck to you all

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Brendan k

Hi I'm gonna apply when they recruit again. Anyone any information on the apptitute tests. Cheers thanks

Advertisement