Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Why so little activity on this forum

• 20-03-2019 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

It amazes me how little interaction happens on this forum. Can anyone explain?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Shift work
    Job pressure
    Overtime
    Lack of resources
    Family life
    Personal life
    Not desk based

I have friends that are office based who log into boards at 0905 every morning and leave it on for the day, not everyone has the freedom maybe to be on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭crusier

sparrowcar wrote:
    I have friends that are office based who log into boards at 0905 every morning and leave it on for the day, not everyone has the freedom maybe to be on boards.ie.

sparrowcar wrote:
    Shift work Job pressure Overtime Lack of resources Family life Personal life Not desk based

All of the above are reasons to post!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭NASlad

ES is a small world in Ireland.

Everyone's watching. I get the feeling most aren't comfortable talking about operations openly on forums for a variety of reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,266 ✭✭✭source

The forum was very active 7 to 10 years ago, but eventuality most of the userbase moved to a dedicated es forum website run by some of the members.

A lot of those members are still active on boards but the majority of the discussion happens on the other site.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Where is Hooch? I miss Hoochie Woochie......:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭NASlad

source wrote: »
    The forum was very active 7 to 10 years ago, but eventuality most of the userbase moved to a dedicated es forum website run by some of the members.

A lot of those members are still active on boards but the majority of the discussion happens on the other site.

That other site was always very garda based only. Never wanted to join their private section either due to privacy issues.

And since their redesign a couple years ago i havent gone back to it because it doesn't seem active at all and its confusing.

Also, similar to my last comment I feel like there are certain cliques in ES, and you just dont know who is watching or reading things. It's off putting.

Whatsapp and facebook groups seem to be thriving however. Again, mostly private for ES staff only.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,266 ✭✭✭source

NASlad wrote: »
    That other site was always very garda based only. Never wanted to join their private section either due to privacy issues.

And since their redesign a couple years ago i havent gone back to it because it doesn't seem active at all and its confusing.

Also, similar to my last comment I feel like there are certain cliques in ES, and you just dont know who is watching or reading things. It's off putting.

Whatsapp and facebook groups seem to be thriving however. Again, mostly private for ES staff only.

I didn't know that, thought it was still going strong. I've been out of the loop since 2012 but that was the beginning of the decline of this forum.

A lot of topics have been done repeatedly. Not much new going on to post about either. Some things can't be discussed in an open forum either.

If you think of something interesting then post it. The other forum suffers from the same problem. And the private section is verified by serving members of the relevant organisations.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 CplMick

When you have known somebody to be called in and asked questions about a forum or social media post by the higher up's you kinda become more careful with anything you do online

• Registered Users Posts: 5,036 ✭✭✭mikeecho

crusier wrote: »
    It amazes me how little interaction happens on this forum. Can anyone explain?

Facebook

• Advertisement
Advertisement