Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment April Intake (2019)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 AdamMc90

I had my medical on January 15th last year and still haven’t been called, does that mean I’ll have to re-do it now at this stage? Heard they only are valid for a year...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 GLdeC

AdamMc90 wrote: »
    I had my medical on January 15th last year and still haven’t been called, does that mean I’ll have to re-do it now at this stage? Heard they only are valid for a year...

I'm afraid you will have to re do it, have you done your PCT? If I don't get in the next class I will have to do everything over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 JimmySrfc167

If you have a holiday in the garda college forget about it, if you miss too much time you get reverted! You will get the week off at xmas time but you wont be allowed a week off, youll be too busy anyway. That will all be explained in the first couple weeks! When you get in put your head down for 32 weeks and do your best! You get leave for 2 weeks in between passing out and starting in a station, 2 reading weeks (one at xmas it its applicable)

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭paddyCPW

If you have a holiday in the garda college forget about it, if you miss too much time you get reverted! You will get the week off at xmas time but you wont be allowed a week off, youll be too busy anyway. That will all be explained in the first couple weeks! When you get in put your head down for 32 weeks and do your best! You get leave for 2 weeks in between passing out and starting in a station, 2 reading weeks (one at xmas it its applicable)

Can I ask what competition you were from and you OOM?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 JimmySrfc167

June 17 in the 500's, worth the wait its a great experience so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Irishman87545

Don't know about that one man ,waiting near two years hasn't been the wildest of rides ha

I’m from June 17 and in the 700’s so hopefully April. Vetting is complete just waiting sign off from senior management.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ Zayd Wooden Lamb

paddyCPW wrote: »
    I’m from June 17 and in the 700’s so hopefully April. Vetting is complete just waiting sign off from senior management.

Think they’ve push a big push on the campaigns since yours, or so they’re saying anyway! 2018 campaign feels like it’s flown so fingers crossed for ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Joda96

Just received an email inviting me for my second physical as the first one has expired. I'm from September 2016 so anyone else in that campaign check your emails!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭twoblub

Joda96 wrote: »
    Just received an email inviting me for my second physical as the first one has expired. I'm from September 2016 so anyone else in that campaign check your emails!

Just yourself I would say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Callie Faithful Magic

Don't know about that one man ,waiting near two years hasn't been the wildest of rides ha

LOL!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MU2017

They last for 3 years!!

GLdeC wrote: »
    I'm afraid you will have to re do it, have you done your PCT? If I don't get in the next class I will have to do everything over again.

Rang them there, I don’t have to re do it. Have my PCT done since May 18 yeah.
    I think that medical only lasting a year is a bit of a myth? Although could depend on if you’re waiting for PCT?

Rang them there, I don’t have to re do it. Have my PCT done since May 18 yeah.
    I think that medical only lasting a year is a bit of a myth? Although could depend on if you’re waiting for PCT?

Can I ask what competition your in and your OOM?

Thanks

Can I ask what competition your in and your OOM?

Thanks

June ‘17. 400 odd.

June ‘17. 400 odd.

That’s a long wait for a fairly low OOM?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

Try 450’s oom from 2016 pal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Callie Faithful Magic

Passed Irish exam yesterday but based on reading everything from above I shouldn't get too excited too soon. Seems to take ages...

Try 450’s oom from 2016 pal

That’s insane! Have they said your vetting is still in progress or anything?

That’s insane! Have they said your vetting is still in progress or anything?

Vetting is out standing yeah. They required more info recently which was fairly standard I had no problem with it but it took them a year to ask me for the extra details like

• Advertisement

Vetting is out standing yeah. They required more info recently which was fairly standard I had no problem with it but it took them a year to ask me for the extra details like

Ah man that’s a dose like you have a good OOM to go with it!

I’d vetting outstanding up until only recently. Nightmare. Had friends who went in October just gone! Anyway hopefully everyone on here gets there sooner rather than later ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

What kind of details if it’s not too much of a personal question, was it stuff you were meant to have on the Form B and had left out? Our supplemental information?

I’d vetting outstanding up until only recently. Nightmare. Had friends who went in October just gone! Anyway hopefully everyone on here gets there sooner rather than later ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

Where your friends from June 17?

A little over 5 weeks till offers, lets hope!

A little over 5 weeks till offers, lets hope!

Haha I’m praying to god this time

Haha I’m praying to god this time

You definitely deserve it, not sure if I'll get in. I'm from June 2017, OOM though is in the late 700's

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭wizardofdodge

Hey, Anyone know how many times in each quarter do PCTs take place before intakes? I would imagine that as the intake is in mid April (presume) there are will be plenty of invites for PCTs/ medicals between now and then

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭twoblub

Has anyone actually rang to find out when the date for the intake is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 NualaG93

I’m June 17 OOM 305 and they’re saying my vetting is still outstanding and I’ve everything else completed. Anyone know the chances of it being completed by April? 😕

Advertisement