Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auditions, Auditions, Auditions!

• 14-06-2009 1:54pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Please use this thread if you wish to advertise auditions for any upcoming performances in any area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ndolan

Hi,
    I am looking for a male 20 something or close enough to star in a pilot for a 2 person reality show. One character is suave & one is lazy.
    Please contact me with photo, previous experience or reason why you want to do this.
    The pilot is non pay but if taken up will be paid with great exposure.
    PM me for details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 smurf21

Talking Shop Ensemble is holding auditions for exciting new show to take place in Sept. 09 as part of Dublin Fringe Festival

Auditions
    Thursday 2. July
    Friday 3. July

Please contact Robbie on 0876509867 for further information and to make an appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Hi everyone,

I'm shooting a short film in Galway next month. The following is an ad we've sent to the papers, I thought I'd put it up here as well to try and get it to as much people as possible.

Actors Needed

Actors are wanted for a short film entitled What I Do. The story revolves around a magician who falls on hard times.

Shooting will take place in mid August in Galway City.

The roles required are: Barry (age 30 – 45)

Mike (age 40+)

Orlaith (age 30 – 45)

2 Male Thugs (age 20 – 30)

Auditions will take place on Thursday 23rd and Friday 24th of July between 2 and 5pm in Cluain Mhuire, GMIT. Cluain Mhuire is situated on the Monivea Road, Galway.

Actors are asked to come with a prepared piece. The role is unpaid but meals will be provided on set.

If anyone is interested, PM me for contact details.

Hope there are plenty of actors around who are interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 didigray

Casting Call for Actors.

An exciting opportunity for actors and extras is coming to the West this summer.
    ‘Magamedia’ is filming ‘Éalú 2’ at the end of July 2009.
    ‘Éalú 2’ is a six part drama-documentary series which will be broadcast on TG4 early in 2010.
    Magamedia is casting for actors and extras for ‘Ealú 2’.
    There are rôles for men and women of all ages.
    Filming will take place at the end of July.

Open Auditions will take place on:
    FRIDAY 17TH JULY
    at

10 am in the Harbour Hotel, Galway.
    and
    3pm in the McWilliam Park Hotel, Claremorris.

Please email or phone for further details:

Email: magamediacasting@gmail.com
    Phone : (+353) (091) 897974

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Short Film 2009

We are looking for 2 extras to star in a short film as younger versions of the leads. It is preferable if you have some acting or some dancing experience.
    We cannot afford to pay but you will have a credit at the end of the film, which will be shown in film festivals around Ireland.
    We are looking for a male with dark hair around 5'9" in height and a female with blonde hair around 5'3" in height.
    If you are interested please send a recent photo and your height to the following email adress: shortfilm2009@hotmail.com.
    It is a great opportunity to get your name associated with a short film but please only contact us if you are available on the 19th August.
    Thank you.:):cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

Filming project in Westport Co Mayo. Looking for actors of all ranges. [Except Child actors - as they will be cast locally]

Micro Budget [So no pay but Accommodation meals and reasonable expenses]

As per previous post.

We will be auditioning Tuesday 18th August at The Irish Theatre Institute in Temple Bar, Dublin
    I have just a few spaces left.

Anyone interested can send me their CV by emailing me len@thecovies.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

That is of course Templebar Dublin, not Castlebar Mayo. Doh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 MickBeth

I'd be intrested I'd be a good "lazy bloke" I think :P........So if you want to get in further contact my e-mail is lordleeson@gmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 keyshwa

hello id be interested in the 20 something lazy guy send me a email to keenan@voodoojack.com and ill send u head shot etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bjtuohy

IN-WORLD WAR is a smart and quirky indie sci-fi feature about a debt-ridden beta tester trapped in a buggy virtual world simulation of the "war on terror". The script has been compared to BRAZIL for its dark satire and to THE MATRIX for its immersive virtual world. You can read more on film's production blog: http://www.inworldwar.com/

The filmmakers behind IN-WORLD WAR previously produced QUALITY OF LIFE (http://www.qualityoflife-themovie.com/), another ultra-low budget indie feature shot in San Francisco that premiered at the Berlin Int'l Film Festival (where it won a jury award) before going on to have a limited theatrical release and then to home video.

IN-WORLD WAR is shooting in Dublin on Monday 28 September, with a possible pick-up day on Tuesday 29 September. This will likely be a one-day shoot only, though the second day is reserved in case additional time is needed.

Some interviews and articles about IN-WORLD WAR:
    http://www.sf360.org/features/brant-smiths-real-not-virtual-directorial-debut
    http://io9.com/5279583/indie-science-fiction-film-tackles-virtual-reality-and-the-war-on-terror
    http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/in-world-war-sounds-like-virtually-brilliant-sci-fi.php

Looking for:

- Tank (Female 20's/early 30's)
    - Niambh (Secretary, Female 20's/early 30's)
    - Mary B (Female 30's/early 40's, professional type)

Mary B has scripted dialogue integral to main scene. Tank and Niambh will have improvised dialogue expanded in rehearsals.

If you are interested in working on an international independent sci-fi feature shooting briefly in Dublin, please contact us. All positions are deferred/credit/copy.

Rehearsals :Sat/Sun 26/27 September
    Shooting: Monday 28 September
    Pick-ups (if needed): Tuesday 29 September

If you are interested:

- please indicate the role you're interested in
    - send your CV
    - send headshots/link to showreel if possible.

Send to bjtuohy@gmail.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bjtuohy

Applications for roles in the Independent Feature In-World War are no longer being accepted.

The director Brant Smith and I would like to thank everyone who has submitted a C.V. for consideration. There was a huge response and the standard was exceptional. Over the coming days I will be contacting the actresses who have been shortlisted for an audition with details of a time and location for same.

Kind Regards,

Brian J. Tuohy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ClassikAttak

Hi we are looking for fun loving people to thread the boards for the one act festivals in oct/ nov.
    Experience a plus but not a must!
    Rehearsals Cork city.
    Classik Attak Theatre Company
    Call Harry 0860357967 or Helen @ 0879859608

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 DYT

1383178735a11522999894o.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tararob

Performers of all sizes & abilities (aged mid-20s upwards) wanted for Theatre Festival Show.
    Availability required: 27th Sept - 7th October (evenings only from 2nd - 7th Oct)
    For more information please <snip> send a PM.
    Please Note: THIS IS UNPAID

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 AbitDramatic

Audition Notice
    Date: 12th of October 2009
    Time: 6-8 O’clock
    Venue: Cork Arts Theatre, Camden Warf, Carroll’s Quay, Warf

Details:
    Seeking cast for Cork Arts Theatre’s writer’s week production of

“Dead Letter Perfect”
    By Frank O’Keefe

(A new one act play exploring the lives of four middle aged people working in the theatre industry)

Parts:
    Auditions are not role specific.
    Female, 2 roles available, age range 30-65
    Male, 3 parts available, age range 30-65.

Dates of performance: Intermittent nights between the 3rd and 7th of November.

Director: Shauna Zelinski

Or shauna.zelinski@gmail.com

Once you have been allotted a specific time you will be emailed an audition piece.

This is an unpaid gig, but a chance to gain valuable experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 osteel

OPEN AUDITIONS

Casting for College Graduation Films

WHEN: Thursday October 22nd 2pm - 7pm

WHERE: The Temple Bar Hotel, Dublin

Please bring an up to date CV and a prepared one minute monologue.

Contact [phone number removed] for more information.

EVERYONE WELCOME

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 el diablo!

Audition

Male & female voice actors wanted for radio sitcom pilot

Convincing English accents desirable

Roles are unpaid but the recorded pilot will be made available for showreels

For more info either PM me or email radioscript@hotmail.co.uk before 23rd October

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 AbitDramatic

30+ male to play an eccentric director in a production of Dead Letter Perfect for the writers week festival in the Cork Arts Theatre
    Please email shauna.zelinski@gmail.com

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 RMWaters

cleoaud.jpg

Please do check out this audition.
    There are loads of student shorts coming up
    and it could be a great chance to show your skills!

If you need more info, e-mail alison.scarff@gmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Academy

The Academy of Music in Tullamore are urgently seeking Tenors and Basses for up and coming performances. Rehearsals on Wednesday evenings at 7.30pm. Next performance this Saturday 14th November at Sligo International Choral Festival. contact details on www.theacademyofmusic.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 KathrynKennedy

DANCERS WANTED FOR MUSIC VIDEO
    Tilted Pictures are producing a music video for up and coming Dublin band Tidal District and require 1 choreographer and 8 female dancers aged 18+ at short notice.
    The music video is being shot in Bray this Saturday, November 21st.
    We would love to hear from people interested in getting involved. Although working with no budget the video will be a lights based spectacle with extremely high end production values.
    Everybody on the shoot will be working unpaid, including dancers, but everyone will be well fed and receive a DVD of the finished video for their showreel.
    Anybody interested please call Kathryn as soon as possible on 087 1219825 or email kathrynfkennedy@gmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Greenhills

Hi all!

Greenhills Variety Group are currently rehearsing for the panto 'Snow White and the Artful Dodgers' which will be staged in Greenhills Community Centre from 4-9th Jan 2010

We are in desperate need of a man (!) to play Garda Moriarity, a guard form the country who spend his days ensuring everyone is on the right side of the law. Being panto, he doesn't always get it right!

We have a fantastic cast on board and it's shaping up to be a great show :D

If you are interested please PM me for all the details!

Hoping to hear from you soon!
    Claire

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mrpeech

Hi,

I'm looking for a lead actor to play a homeless man in his late 50's. The part will be unpaid but will be a great platform to air one's talents as I hope to enter the short into several festivals.

I'm also looking for a young woman mid 20's to play a supporting role.

The shoot will take place over one day in south Dublin. The date for shooting will probably be mid February. If you're interested could you send me a photo. The part will be non-speaking so everyone welcome:)

Kenan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DiscoBallroom

The black and white film thing sounds great! I'll go for an audition of whatever if you're having them! tried to send a message but I just set up my profile and have no idea how to use it, would post a picture but tis a bit public for me I'm afraid! anyhu I'm 21, bout 5 "4 if you still need someone for the girl part :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 CatOfManyHats

Hi we're a troupe continually requiring dancers.

Our main areas are Can Can (burlesque), Go Go, and Theatrical.

Our Go Go project is the most demanding at the moment :

The troupe has 5 women so far, but we want more so we have 8. We have a short sixties style Go Go routine in full Go Go dress and boots.

The aim of the group is to have a good time and a bunch of gigs -- as well as a bit of charity performing. This is completely open to different levels of dance experience.

If you are interested, please send a private message to me with your details. I will provide more information about us.

Our next rehearsal (try out) is 9 December, and each Wednesday after. Excluding the holidays.
    ;)
    Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CleoEva

Extras are required for a scene in a short film which is being filmed in Dublin on the 9th February.
    The film is a short film which is a student project. It is an exciting scene based in a dark mystical market. The market folk are the extras that are needed.
    The extras will not be paid unfortunately but it will be a good day and great experience for anyone who wants to take part.

For Further info contact: cleomc@gmail.com

Thanks so much everyone ! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Blue Soul

Hi, Zygmar Productions are looking for an SM for the play “Bad Faith” a one man monologue piece Playing the first week of February 2010 for one week running in T36 Parnell Sq.

Time obviously is really running out but the piece will involve no set changes / costuming. A basic set required consiting of a bed, locker and other paraphrenalia for a boy's bedroom circa 1990. Own transport a neccessity. Payment DOE

If interested please PM

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CleoEva

Extras are required for a scene in a short film which is being filmed in Dublin on the 9th February.
    The film is a short film which is a student project. It is an exciting scene based in a dark mystical market. The market folk are the extras that are needed.
    The extras will not be paid unfortunately but it will be a good day and great experience for anyone who wants to take part.

To note: All extras will be provided with a DVD and a credit! Thanks

For Further info contact: cleomc@gmail.com

Thanks so much everyone ! cool.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mrpeech

Hello I'm still looking for a 2 actors for the short film I'm making (March) . It's gonna be a great short with loads of potential for short film festivals.

I'm only a film student so no cash to speak of (not getting paid myself :) but will be a proper production with storyboard, scripts and high end equipment.

The film will be in black and white with no dialogue for the parts of the actors.

I'm looking for a person to play a homeless man. And a young woman maybe 18-28

Look forward to hearing from you.

If interested could you send me a pic. thks

Kenan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 keartan

On March 17th - 19th

A graduation film will be shot in West Cork, by final year students of the National Film School.

It is set 30 years after the Whiddy Island tanker explosion in 1979 in which 50 people where Killed. The film follows 2 security guards George (50 -100yrs) and Richie (27-40yrs) who through a clerical error have been guarding this remote baron landscape long after the oil company have pulled out. Two men stuck together, with two very different views on the world around them. George yearns for the world before this where he was a respected security guard. Now no one seems to quite know what he does, though he tries to make something of his work, searching for his worth in this job. And Richie, the younger man with out a care in the world. He can't understand why George takes everything so seriously, why can't he enjoy not having someone looking over his back all the time. He still gets a paycheck every month.

This is an exciting story and adventure that will require enthusiasm, passion for the story, for the characters, and for film.

So to all actors around the country, if one of these characters hits a nerve with you. Or if the project awakens something in you. do Email keartan@gmail.com.

Advertisement