Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Do I have hepatitis B or not?

Options
  • 16-08-2019 10:11am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

I went to Beaumont Hospital for kidney issues and they did a series of tests. One of them was a virology test and I was examined for HIV, Hep A, Hep B.

I got all the results from a FOI request and I saw that it said I had <10mmol/L of Hep B which under it said that you should ignore as it may be antibodies from a vaccination.

Is this true or not?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I'm honestly not trying to be smart here, but would you not be better asking your doctor that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I'm honestly not trying to be smart here, but would you not be better asking your doctor that?

Well I've finished with the hospital and he's on leave for the summer now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,367 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Well I've finished with the hospital and he's on leave for the summer now.

Surely theres a locum, id be asking a doctor, any medical doctor at all, even go to a chemist for guidance

• Registered Users Posts: 21,367 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Mundo7976 wrote: »
    Surely theres a locum, id be asking a doctor, any medical doctor at all, even go to a chemist for guidance

Stupid questions like the OP deserve a stupid answer. I mean obviously anyone with even 1 brain cell would ask a medical professional

@OP the result means you have hep A, B and C along with aids and SADS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭RoamingDoc

<10mmol/L of Hep B

Go to your GP and bring the copy of the results.

Asking here is unlikely to help, particularly as there's no information as to what that is a concentration of; antibody, core antigen, e antigen, surface antigen etc.

And it's very unlikely that the doctor in Beaumont is off for the full summer, even if they are, there will be a colleague covering for them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Sorry, here it is more clearly:

Anti-HBs (Architect)

Less than 10mlU/mL

If this sample was collected two to three months after the last dose of vaccine they are a non-responder. It is advisable that a full course of an alternative HBV vaccine is given.

Please collect a sample two to three months after the final dose and state that the patient has been revaccinated. If this sample was collected greater than three months of last dose and you would like to discuss these results further please contact

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,262 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Nobody here can answer that question for you.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Mod note
    This is really something you have to discuss with your GP or Doctor.
    It's a very straightforward thing for them to talk over with you but not something we can answer for you here.
    Rob

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement