Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where/when you going this year?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Heading to Chamonix 23rd Feb-2nd Mar.. Looking forward to it as i thought i wouldnt get away this year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Browndog82

Mayrhofen beginning of February......and Chamonix middle of March

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Cathalibm

heading to montgeneve on the 30th december, Possibly might head to soll at the end of jan!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Kitzbuhel... 29th of December for 10 nights and its has just bucketed snow WOOO HOOO!

Then Ischgl at end of Feb.... for a week.....

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

SERIOUS amounts of schnee in the alps at the moment. EEEEEEE!!! *excited face*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TOOYOUNGTODIE

I'm heading the 27th, i have three days in Les Arcs and three days in Meribel.

Only thing i'm not looking forward to is being one of three men sleeping in a motorhome!!! Never mind the cold, the smell will be horrendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

Heading to La Plange on the 19th Jan......cant WAIT!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Meribel Mottaret (3 Valleys) Jan 12th now that I finally maged to book something!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭coley

Heading for Les Gets Jan 26th for a week :)
    They have truckloads of snow atm, hope it continues.

-Coley.

coley wrote: »
    Heading for Les Gets Jan 26th for a week :)
    They have truckloads of snow atm, hope it continues.

-Coley.

We had some fantastic skiing there last year. Much better than the Morzine side IMO. The best runs of the holiday I'd say!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭steelbar

Heading to Meribel 24th Feb.
    Staying with Highlife, anyone use them before?

steelbar wrote: »
    Heading to Meribel 24th Feb.
    Staying with Highlife, anyone use them before?

Yup, we went with them last year. Couldn't fault it - great food etc.
    We did think it was overpriced, and they try to squeeze every last cent out of you. But if you don't mind spending the cash and letting them take care of everything (at a higher price than if you did it yourself!) then you'll love it.

olaola wrote: »
    Yup, we went with them last year. Couldn't fault it - great food etc.
    We did think it was overpriced, and they try to squeeze every last cent out of you. But if you don't mind spending the cash and letting them take care of everything (at a higher price than if you did it yourself!) then you'll love it.

Cheers, really looking forward to it. I know they are on the pricey side, but hopefully it will be worth it. And I plan in consuming my considerable weight in food and drink!! Have done self catering for the last few years, always wanted to try out a Chalet.
    And the Sunday to Sunday is a plus, less traffic on the transfer and quieter slops on the last day.

Which Chalet did you stay in?

steelbar wrote: »
    Which Chalet did you stay in?

We were in Morzine, food was great, LOADS of booze (we never ever managed to drink it all) and the lifts around the place was really great. Staff were also fantastic – we had great craic with them. You do pay for it though, I’m not sure if you’re getting the best value for money (UK companies do the same for less) but I suppose it’s good to support an Irish company!

We were in Morzine, food was great, LOADS of booze (we never ever managed to drink it all) and the lifts around the place was really great. Staff were also fantastic – we had great craic with them. You do pay for it though, I’m not sure if you’re getting the best value for money (UK companies do the same for less) but I suppose it’s good to support an Irish company!

I will try my best to drink it all!!! :D

I agree thats is good to support an Irish company, that was part of the appeal of them.

I just hope it keeps snowing now, so theres lots of it when we get there. Was in Meribel 2 years ago, and the snow wasn't great

Thanks again for the reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Headiing to Chamonix in 4 days, woot ! A few of us are doing an off piste course in the backcountry so I'm really looking forward to this trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭tech

Back to Kitzbuhel again this year, lovely resort loads of runs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

tech wrote: »
    Back to Kitzbuhel again this year, lovely resort loads of runs

Same as got a good deal on an apartment flying into memmingen at 36 euro return Going out on 16th Jan back on 23rd :D:D:D

Got unreal deal on car hire for 180 euro for week for a seat 7 seater.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭johnnyvegas22

i am going to les arc from the 12th-19 of jan, anyone know much about the nightlife

dzer

Those flights are mad CHEAP!! well done I assume no check in bag for that! We stay ina nice B&B every year we go 26-29 a night pps or single room. Lovely and clean and a good brekkie!

• Advertisement

tech wrote: »
    dzer

Those flights are mad CHEAP!! well done I assume no check in bag for that! We stay ina nice B&B every year we go 26-29 a night pps or single room. Lovely and clean and a good brekkie!

No checked in luggage alright but we take a rug sack each the missus and myself have boots but we put 1 in each rug sack. We have 5 kids 4 can ski and the baby goes into creche in Reith. We stay in an apartment at the outside of town Kichbichler
    whats the name of the B&b we could check it out.

Cheers D.

http://www.kitzbuehel.com/en/accommodations/search_accommodations_dar_list_rd-f?bookOnly=0&submitted=1&nodate=1

homely, family run pension. Location 600 metres from the centre of Kitzbühel, 2-3 minutes walk to bus-, skibus- and trainstation.
    Contact
    Josef-Pirchl-Straße 60, 6370, Kitzbühel
    Austria
    Erika Hörl
    Tel: +43 5356 63144
    Fax:+43 5356 63144

pensionhoerlerika@aon.at

DRAT! Our return flight with Aer Lingus from Zurich is now STOPPING in Stuttgart on the way home. Not impressed, never would have booked a short haul European flight with a stopover. And we're gonna be wrecked - really not in the mood to be faffing around on planes on the way home.

Grr.

But still, 17 more sleepies! W00P!

DRAT! Our return flight with Aer Lingus from Zurich is now STOPPING in Stuttgart on the way home. Not impressed, never would have booked a short haul European flight with a stopover. And we're gonna be wrecked - really not in the mood to be faffing around on planes on the way home.

Grr.

But still, 17 more sleepies! W00P!

Why in the name of jasus are you going the opposite way:eek:

dzer2 wrote: »
    Why in the name of jasus are you going the opposite way:eek:

Listen, don't to me. We're raging! I rang up and since the flight has not been amended more than 2 hrs (very conveniently I may add), we can't do anything about it! We can get a refund, but sure where we gonna get a reasonably priced flight now 2 weeks before departure?! Our only other option is fly home via Munich, but we were hoping to get a days skiing in before we leave, and it would also mean getting up at stupid O’Clock to get the flight home.

Listen, don't to me. We're raging! I rang up and since the flight has not been amended more than 2 hrs (very conveniently I may add), we can't do anything about it! We can get a refund, but sure where we gonna get a reasonably priced flight now 2 weeks before departure?! Our only other option is fly home via Munich, but we were hoping to get a days skiing in before we leave, and it would also mean getting up at stupid O’Clock to get the flight home.

You cant beat lyingair they go the quickest route to nowhere:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Heading to Slovakia on the 23rd of february for a week.
    Staying at propaganda,15 of us all mix of skill levels.
    Can't wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,058 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Mayrhofen on 12 jan for a week cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭oxysept

Breckenridge CO, and some other close by mountains in Summit County Colorado this week of the 24th Feb.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

4 days left and 12cm of fresh snow forecast right before we get there :D

Advertisement