Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 MLB Regular Season Chat

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭paulelectronica

watching Mets Phillies live . Hoping ,Mets can win this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

i'm in LA for a weekend shortly and have been offered a trip to a dodgers game..
    how are they going this season
    is it worth giving up an evening to see them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

conno16 wrote: »
    i'm in LA for a weekend shortly and have been offered a trip to a dodgers game..
    how are they going this season
    is it worth giving up an evening to see them?

Was there in May at a game where they won with a walk off grand slam. Def worth a visit to Dodger stadium if you're any kind of baseball fan imo

thanks - i'll prob factor it in so

think its one of the last few games of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 tumbling_dice

Not going well this year. The owners' divorce is going to hold them back a lot for the next few years. Still, they have plenty of players that'd be worth seeing if you got the chance.

• Advertisement

thanks a mil
    not going well cause of the owners divorce!
    only in america eh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

conno16 wrote: »
    thanks a mil
    not going well cause of the owners divorce!
    only in america eh

There was a great article a couple of weeks ago in ESPN the Magazine a few weeks back. It's an amazing story really. A lot os stuff is going to come out when the trial starts in the next couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

zuutroy wrote: »
    Was there in May at a game where they won with a walk off grand slam. Def worth a visit to Dodger stadium if you're any kind of baseball fan imo

Hey Zuutroy, I see your a fan of the Jay's, when was the last time you seen them play? I seen them against Boston a few years ago, been back and forward to Canada since, but never got the chance to go back to a game - really miss it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Hmm...last time was in May '09. I was in the super premium seats and Halladay was pitching...(only against the Orioles though!)..went to the whole series actually.

GF actually sent me flight prices for Feb 2010 earlier today. Hopefully I can push back to April :)

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭brilliantboy

The Mariners offense seems to be finally waking up and with Felix, Vargas and French coming up against the Yanks it might be chance for the Rays to take a good lead :D

• Advertisement

Interesting couple of weeks for Nyjer Morgan.

An average outfielder who was only famous for having a tantrum earlier in the season when he thought a ball was a HR but it actually hit the wall and landed beside him, all while players were running and scoring.

Now he can't stay out of the news, running down catchers unnecessarily, throwing balls at fans and now starting brawls and getting clotheslined after getting thrown at for stealing bases in a rout.

I thought he was right. The 'unwritten rule' that you don't steal or showboat when it's a rout is ridiculous and even so they had already hit him the last time he was up. So I thought it was right. But added in with all the other things recently he's close to getting suspended for a lot of games.

Of work next 2 days so I can watch Mets v Phillies. Mets are inconsistent this season, making some stupid mistakes also. 10.5 games behind in the division with Phillies top.

Of work next 2 days so I can watch Mets v Phillies. Mets are inconsistent this season, making some stupid mistakes also. 10.5 games behind in the division with Phillies top.

This series has got sweep written all over it!

Good win for the Mets v Phillies tonight.

Good win for the Mets v Phillies tonight.

Yeah but as is typical with Mets win, they try so hard to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. 4-0 after 7 and they then give up 3 in the 8th. This had blown save written all over it as well so it was nice that they saw it through.

I have two wishes for the remainder of the season. Firstly I hope they can get back to .500 and secondly i hope they can put together a streak of 3 wins, something they haven't been able to do since June 18!

It shows how far they've fallen when this is the ambition I have for the club in September. God, they're awful!

Watched the game live myself and at 3-0 there was a few times where they had the bases loaded but then just struck out. Poor season this year.

Not the best of starts today! Already a run down and were lucky to get out of the 1st being only 1 down. Looks like it's going to be one of those days. NFL for me then!

UPDATE: 3-0, Complete game shutout for Oswalt. Thank God I didn't stick around to watch that.

Didnt watch that game either , missed the Pittsburgh gamer also were they won 9-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭theoldalfer

go Phillies, 11 in a row, 7 games up. playoff's here we come.:D:D:D:D:D

go Phillies, 11 in a row, 7 games up. playoff's here we come.:D:D:D:D:D

Mets fan myself , reckon you`ll beat us again tonight . could it possibly be another Phillies Yankees world series ?

• Advertisement

I can't see anyone topping the Phils in the NL but the AL is much more wide open. Tampa and the Twins both look very good so it's not a gimme that the Yankees win the pennant.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 tumbling_dice

I'm hoping the Padres win the NL now. I definitely hope they make the playoffs. There would be something pretty funny about the Braves missing out. The Twins look good in the AL, even if Morneau doesn't come back. I kinda hope the Rays win anyway. I have €15 on them but still, I'd like them to win regardless. Although as Billy Beane says, the playoffs are a crapshoot. The Cincinnati Reds could be your 2010 World Series Champions (please, God, no).

Mets fan myself , reckon you`ll beat us again tonight . could it possibly be another Phillies Yankees world series ?
    I was in shea 20 years ago when i was a kid, they still had most of their world series 86 team, straberry, hojo , doc gooden. they always seem to fall short at the end even then:(. i wouldn't mind another crack at the yankees, apart from the 1st game last year, the Phillies didn't perform to well:(

I was in shea 20 years ago when i was a kid, they still had most of their world series 86 team, straberry, hojo , doc gooden. they always seem to fall short at the end even then:(. i wouldn't mind another crack at the yankees, apart from the 1st game last year, the Phillies didn't perform to well:(

They look pretty good at the moment. I know they've just dropped 2 but they are kind of meaningless games at this stage and they had won 11 before that. They're certainly the team to beat in the NL. But I wonder will a week of meaningless games make them a bit rusty when they come up against the WC team who'll probably have had to battle to the last day. I know their pitching will be rested so it can go either way I suppose.

They look pretty good at the moment. I know they've just dropped 2 but they are kind of meaningless games at this stage and they had won 11 before that. They're certainly the team to beat in the NL. But I wonder will a week of meaningless games make them a bit rusty when they come up against the WC team who'll probably have had to battle to the last day. I know their pitching will be rested so it can go either way I suppose.

I wouldn't say meaningless, they had a chance to clinch the east at home last night and they don't like loosing to the Mets just as much as the Mets don't like loosing to them:). I don't think they'll ease up too much, the experance they have from the last few years should see to that.:D hopefully.

Like to see Tampa Bay clinch the American League East Division. Another disappointing season for the Mets . Changes need to be made for next season .

Like to see Tampa Bay clinch the American League East Division. Another disappointing season for the Mets . Changes need to be made for next season .

Changes are being made, that's for sure as neither Minaya or Manual will be back but whether it will make a difference I don't know. It's a badly run franchise from top to bottom so unless the Wilpons sell up (not going to happen) only the names will change but the results will stay the same.

Changes are being made, that's for sure as neither Minaya or Manual will be back but whether it will make a difference I don't know. It's a badly run franchise from top to bottom so unless the Wilpons sell up (not going to happen) only the names will change but the results will stay the same.

Changes have been made . very quickly too .
    http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20101004&content_id=15408358&vkey=news_nym&c_id=nym

Advertisement