Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Joe Rogan Experience Podcasts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Kanye is an absolute dose that has bought into his own hype.
    90% of the population could come up with the same ideas if surrounded by yes men, unlimited money, people that bring ideas to you and you simple pick the one you like the most.
    I think having Kanye on the JRE would actually be a step down.

Good lord, it's hard to read such utter nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Kanye is an absolute dose that has bought into his own hype.

That's certainly the perception, that's why him on JRE would be interesting to get an insight.

Only saw recently he was on Letterman so must check it out but I'm not expecting great things.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,506 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I don't think its ever going to happen Joe spoke about it recently on the pod cast said Kanye wanted him to go to his Church ( cult) and Joe was like nah Sundays are family time laughing then basically said its not something he'd be into doing,

I got the feeling Kayne wants the interview to controlled and Joe isn't willing to bend to all his demands,

• Registered Users Posts: 20,506 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Kanye good at making music and sometimes even that s amiss, he seems to think because he is good at that he should be aloud do what he wants ,

Remember the time he throw his toys out of the pram and said he couldn't be a designer because he was black ,
    When in fact it was because his design's where pretty crap

He is making money off his Yeezy's but he wanted to collaborate with top designed like dolce & gabbana,

He then settled with Nike but then fell out with them because he wanted to change the swoosh on his runner ,wanted more money and loads more demands they would not give in to but they had none of it so he eventually left for Adidas , he even went as far as writing a diss song about Nike called "FCTS"

The guys thinks he is way above his own station , probably doesn't help that his wife has the same attitude, I'd go as far to say she only married him to heighten her own status ,

• Dan Crenshaw is interesting enough. I disagree with him on almost everything. The height of jingoism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Anyone listen to the Neil DeGrasse-Tyson and/or Steve Aoki shows? Want to see if they’re worth my while. Does NDGT talk about the controversy he got caught up in recently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

Listened to NDGT, was fairly frustrating to be honest. He kept talking over over Joe, some of the comments on youtube are hilarious. Still some interesting stuff in it, so worth a listen imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,698 ✭✭✭✭JRant

His previous podcasts with Rogan were much more enjoyable than this one. NDGT seems to have disappeared into an Einstein-Rosen bridge up his own posterior. What was once a genuine interest to spread knowledge seems to have morphed into an insufferable self-importance.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

Two awful guests. NDGT is insufferable at the best of times. We get it Neil, you're highly intelligent. Your lack of self-awareness in feeling we need to be shown how intelligent you are, as often as you update us, is dumb.

Steve Aoki is a moron who epitomizes everything that is wrong with electronic music and dance music culture. Don't even get me started on the cake stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Listened to half the Aoki one. Have to say there’s more to him than I thought but still it wasn’t worth spending another hour and a half, just a lad publicising his projects really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,375 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

It's been a few months since I've listened to any Joe Rogan podcasts... has the standard of guests gone down? I've just lost all interest.

• Bill Burr is always worth a listen

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

It's been a few months since I've listened to any Joe Rogan podcasts... has the standard of guests gone down? I've just lost all interest.
    Same, he hasn't had any guests that would draw me in. Been listening to audiobooks lately also, would recommend for commutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

Bill Burr is always worth a listen

Was ok. Two friends shooting the sh1t. Not one I'd watch or listen to again.

• hankless wrote: »
    Was ok. Two friends shooting the sh1t. Not one I'd watch or listen to again.

Yeah I posted that before listening. Wasn't great. His new stand is brilliant though.

• It's been a few months since I've listened to any Joe Rogan podcasts... has the standard of guests gone down? I've just lost all interest.

I am new to his stuff so a kind of new listener. To be honest he produces too much content for me to listen to it all so I made the decision not to listen to anyone who is a stand up comedian - MMA fighter - or actor. Which seems to be 50% or more of his guests.

That makes it very manageable and a lot of his other guests are pretty good. He had Penn Gillette on which I am looking forward to listening to. And just today I listened to a recent interview with a forest ranger turned forest drug crime enforcer. Enjoyed that one a lot - its just a life career story you would not really hear anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Neil DeGrasse Tyson was on, he's always a good guest.

https://youtu.be/0pmviUS1Zac

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭steamsey

Neil DeGrasse Tyson was on, he's always a good guest.

https://youtu.be/0pmviUS1Zac

Jaysus - that NDT podcast was painful. I kept listening (up to 45 mins) as I thought Joe would ask him to stop interrupting but he didn't.

NDT has done some damage there to his name I'd say. How did he not pick up that he was talking over Joe?? Joe was not hiding the frustration and was sitting right opposite him. Apart from that though - thought it was just a bad podcast - pretty boring, plenty of silences.

Listenting to Dan Aykroyd now - he says he has had 4 UFO sightings...

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭steamsey

I am new to his stuff so a kind of new listener. To be honest he produces too much content for me to listen to it all so I made the decision not to listen to anyone who is a stand up comedian - MMA fighter - or actor. Which seems to be 50% or more of his guests.

That makes it very manageable and a lot of his other guests are pretty good. He had Penn Gillette on which I am looking forward to listening to. And just today I listened to a recent interview with a forest ranger turned forest drug crime enforcer. Enjoyed that one a lot - its just a life career story you would not really hear anywhere else.

I'm the same - if the guest is a comedian, I opt out and equally if it's an MMA podcast. Luckily he has a broad variety of guests so there's plenty of other things to listen to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Joe Rogan Experience #1368 - Edward Snowden

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Thought Snowden was very disrespectful to Joe.

Bit far up his own arße.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Thought Snowden was very disrespectful to Joe.

Bit far up his own arße.

A friend of mine said the same regarding being up his own ass but he couldn't put his finger on why

Why did you think he was ?

I listened to it and didnt notice

Just felt he really wanted to tell his story and Joe really wanted to listen

• Snowden was fnckin painful to listen to..

Talk about liking the sound of your own voice..

• Disrespectful in what way?

I listened to the whole thing. I just don't find Snowden that interesting to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Brian Grazer was enjoyable to listen to. His story about having to get his doctor to come over and sleep at the bottom of his bed after freaking out on a marijuana lollipop had me in stitches :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Not getting the Snowden disrespect thing? Didn't feel like there was any problem between them.

I will say that Snowden wanted to say what he had to say and it felt like Joe was just coming along for the ride at times.

There wasn't anything too earth shattering in the conversation, if you've followed the Snowden story before, but maybe it would have blown some people's hair back if they're a bit new to it.

I found it interesting that when Snowden asked Joe to give his opinion on some of the things he was talking about Joe framed everything in the debate in a very libertarian US centric light - it was all about the goverment, the goverment, the state etc, etc - wheras the most worrying aspect of what Snowden was talking about, for me, was the intersection and cosy relationship between commercial and business interests with state security.

Had to laugh as well that after a full two plus hours about the dangers of surveillance and data harvesting one of the sponsors of the show that Joe gave a good insincere plug to was some bullsht fitness tracker that basically exists to harvest all your lovely personal data - the irony was pretty acute.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Arghus wrote: »
    Not getting the Snowden disrespect thing? Didn't feel like there was any problem between them.

I will say that Snowden wanted to say what he had to say and it felt like Joe was just coming along for the ride at times.

Agree. Didn't detect anything disrespectful in the interview. Rogan didn't interject much with questions which is maybe why some listeners are picking up a tone of disrespect. Snowden spoke at length without any interruptions which is why some listeners may wrongly interpret as self indulgent. There was also a time delay on the line which didn't help.

• I dunno.. maybe it's because he gives a lot of talks like that over the internet..the whole thing seemed like a very rehearsed performance..more a monologue than a discussion..in every respect, from the inflection in his voice for dramatic effect to the way he just had the whole thing seemingly mapped out..

Maybe it is because he just does it a lot though..
    Or maybe he's a CIA psy-op..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Maybe it is because he just does it a lot though.

Pretty much I reckon. In actual fact I think he was quite aware of this and tried to bring Rogan in to the conversation quite a lot. For some reason Rogan seemed quite detached from the interview which is strange given the interviewee.

Advertisement