Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

chinese

Chicken and sweetcorn soup 6pp
    Spring roll 9pp each
    Prawn crackers 9pp
    Char Sui Pork 11 pp
    Chicken and Cashew Nuts 9 pp
    Chicken with Mushroom 8 pp

Mushroom Chow Mein 5
    Mushroom Foo Yung 6
    Roast Pork Cantonese Style 10
    Special Chow Mein 9
    Szechuan Prawn with Vegetables 12
    Vegetable Curry 8
    Lemon Chicken 10

got this off another site

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

Excellent loss Lainey, inspiration to us all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

I've upped the portions to suit my points

90g of brown pasta = 8 propts
    1 pack Aldi ham cubes = 2 propts (they are in twin packs yellow packaging)
    1 whole medium egg = 2propts,
    1 egg white - 0 propts
    Total = 12propts

boil the pasta,
    fry the ham cubes in non stick pan, i fry them in a little drop of water,
    beat the whole egg and extra egg white together,
    Add the egg to the ham cubes only when the the pasta is ready to be drained,
    add the drained pasta to the pan with egg and ham cubes, and mix,
    Serve with lashings of black pepper!

i find brown pasta way more filling than white. and it adds alot of flavour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

jackmax wrote: »
    just wondering about curry. I use the macdonnells curry sauce. i see in the book that 1tbsp is 1pp. so does this mean if you make up curry with a tbsp of powder that its 1pp?? sorry its probaby obvious but just want to double check :o

If you give me the nutritional values I will check it on the site. Mcdonnells is imo the nicest curry powder, but I think there may be more fat calories in it. I think it is better to pp each individual item as they can really vary.
    I checked a knorr med curry powder on the site yesterday a 47g pk came in at 5pp, but tbh I am not sure if I was pointing it correctly as the values given were for 100 ml not gm, how ever the full pk makes up 300 ml so I imputtted values for 300ml to give me the 47g values, if that makes any sense!

These are from ww site

Lucozade body sport orange/raspberry/tropical/mixed citrus 500ml pp3
    lucozade hydro active sport summerfruits/citrus 500ml pp1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭smileyface1

wow Lainey thats fab!

I am using the old points system and have lost 2lb since 1st Jan... so you would recommend the new system then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭irishneady

Muirgheal wrote: »
    I just got a fright when I went to double check the pro-points value for an egg (one large egg is 3 points)-

One egg white is zero points
    Two egg whites are one point

Which just proves to me <again> that the whole system has completely and totally changed. Spinach and egg white omelettes have been a staple of mine!

...and for my second and third shock of the day!

Garlic puree 1 tsp 1 point
    Tomato puree 2 tbsp 1 point

I've been using all these all week thinking they were zero!

I know I am the same but picked up on it from day one. never mind we are all learning. I am just using chopped garlic fresh now (which I would have used more anyway). As for egg whites I tried making a zero omlette with one this morning and it fell apart lol. was still tasty though.
    tantipie wrote: »
    chinese

Chicken and sweetcorn soup 6pp
    Spring roll 9pp each
    Prawn crackers 9pp
    Char Sui Pork 11 pp
    Chicken and Cashew Nuts 9 pp
    Chicken with Mushroom 8 pp

Mushroom Chow Mein 5
    Mushroom Foo Yung 6
    Roast Pork Cantonese Style 10
    Special Chow Mein 9
    Szechuan Prawn with Vegetables 12
    Vegetable Curry 8
    Lemon Chicken 10

got this off another site

I find some of these hard to believe do ye? One sachet of straight to wok noodles is 6 pponints and thats not including oil it may be cooked in etc so I wonder how a chow mein with tons more noodles works out at only 5. I spent ages shopping for noodles on old points system, perhaps the other ones have come down now though and i need to recalculate.

quorn sasauages
    1 = 1 propoint
    2 = 3 propoints
    3 = 4 propoints

I also pointed a knorr quick lunch curry rice. Just was on a calculating mission and it was in the press

9 propoints

Breakfast idea

Dip one slice of ww bread into and egg white and fry with tomatoe and mushroom - quite filling for a breakfast on little points using low cal spray.

60g dried brown rice = 6 propts
    1 chicken breast (160g) = 4 propts
    160g Tesco Light Choices Tikka Masala Sauce = 3 propts
    13propts

Boil the rice, fry diced chicken in water, add sauce to chicken.

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Skinny cow ice cream on special in tesco!

Stocking up so i can have ice cream instead of birthday cake :P

what propoints does this work out at? might be nice with some berries which are now zero - yiipppeee
    From 1st of Jan down 4.6lbs :D wooo

OMG that's amazing - keep up the good work girl!

• Advertisement

irishneady wrote: »
    what propoints does this work out at? might be nice with some berries which are now zero - yiipppeee

Looking on the tesco website

Skinny Cow Triple Chocolate Brownie Ice cream 3x100ml = 2 pro points each

Skinny Cow Mint Double Chocolate Ice Cream 3 x 100ml = 3 pro points each

wow Lainey thats fab!

I am using the old points system and have lost 2lb since 1st Jan... so you would recommend the new system then?

Thats fantastic! Well done you!

I'm loving the new system. I think i'm finding it easier now cos everyone else is on it. I've been doing the new system on my own since October..and its was tough doing it totally alone. No one to bounce ideas off of and rant about points with :P

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭starlight1

Brilliant result Lady Lainey-well done you!

Glad all the hard work paid off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

believe it or not the points on the old system weren't too high for a chinese and i used to eat them and still lose weight,,

old points:D
    i changed it as it confusing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Go girl! That's fantastic...what a start to the new year. Delighted for u :)

is this propoint or old points? sorry am connfused :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Brilliant result. Well worth all the effort you put in. This will give you the motivation to keep at it & have another good week.

Just cooked pasta for the firt time since propoints. Well, the book says 40g dried = 4pp. The 40g looked like nothing, so I threw in 60g which will be 6pp (which doesn't look alot either, but was loads when cooked!) Just out of curiosity, I weighed it when it was cooked because the book says 150g = 5pp, so that means 30g = 1pp. My pasta weighed in at 120g when cooked, which by my calculation is 4pp (and that's what I'm counting it as:rolleyes:)

But the question is - Where did the other 2 points go?

Yes fofany I found this on old system too. I can't remember what way I used to calculate it now as pasta was a rarity. Maybe test the butritional info on the pack vs what ww says?

fofany wrote: »
    Just cooked pasta for the firt time since propoints. Well, the book says 40g dried = 4pp. The 40g looked like nothing, so I threw in 60g which will be 6pp (which doesn't look alot either, but was loads when cooked!) Just out of curiosity, I weighed it when it was cooked because the book says 150g = 5pp, so that means 30g = 1pp. My pasta weighed in at 120g when cooked, which by my calculation is 4pp (and that's what I'm counting it as:rolleyes:)

But the question is - Where did the other 2 points go?

I always weight it dried. cos with pasta depends how long you leave it cook the longer you cook it for, the more water it absorbs the heavier it is.

from the ww uk site 10g for dried pasta is 1ppt

• Advertisement

fofany wrote: »
    Brilliant result. Well worth all the effort you put in. This will give you the motivation to keep at it & have another good week.

have my birthday next week! I know i'll be going over my points, and over my treatpoints too lol but sure ya only turn 24 once :p thats my excuse and i'm sticking to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

have my birthday next week! I know i'll be going over my points, and over my treatpoints too lol but sure ya only turn 24 once :p thats my excuse and i'm sticking to it.

Ah you only have a birthday once a year, and I don't think WW shld get in the way of any celebration ;)
    Besides, you've done so well this wk u have a bit of leeway to treat yourself :)

i think the ww eclairs are still low...they are yummy - you could always use that as part of your birthday treat. hmmm now I am craving chocolate thinking of them.

on 5 propoints so far today - doing well :D (but i am out tonight and using all treat points)

did any one notice a medium sirloin steak is only 7 propoints = bargain!!!

Pro Point Allowance: 45 pro points + 49 treatpoints

Breakfast:
    2 whole medium eggs + 1 egg white Scrambled
    2 Nescafe Skinny Mocha's
    ProPoints: 8

Lunch:
    Carroll Cuisine Chicken & Pasta Bake Ready Meal (400g)
    Pint of Water
    ProPoints: 11

Dinner:
    100g brown pasta
    Aldi ham cubes
    1 whole egg + 1 egg white
    Pint of water
    Propoints: 14

DVD Night:
    2 packets of velvet crunch
    100g ww creme fraiche with garlic,chili, pepper (home made dip)
    Diet Coke
    ProPoints: 7

It's my birthday next week too - Tuesday - the day of my first weigh in. As I have just restarted at WW, the motivation is still high & when hubby offered to take me out for a meal, I said I'd rather go to the cinema! Will have to have a birthday cake though - kids will expect one, so I'll bake a small one & only have a wee bit.

Congratulations on being 24 - wish I was still young (although at 24 I was about 4 stone heavier than I am now). I'll be 42 years young! Had intended to lose the weight for my 40th, so only 2 years behind schedule:D.

i think the ww eclairs are still low...they are yummy - you could always use that as part of your birthday treat. hmmm now I am craving chocolate thinking of them.

on 5 propoints so far today - doing well :D (but i am out tonight and using all treat points)

did any one notice a medium sirloin steak is only 7 propoints = bargain!!!

see! Your all coming round to it now! hehe!

the new system is nutritionally better! High protein lean foods are good in the old system steak was bad but mince was okay....in the new system steak is good....but mince is bad....cos the steak is the nutritionally better quality food! its not just about the portion, its the quality of the food your eating :D

I just posted my menu for the entire day on the menu board....breakfast, lunch, dinner, dvd snacks....and i STILL have points left!!! how cool is that!

Yes fofany I found this on old system too. I can't remember what way I used to calculate it now as pasta was a rarity. Maybe test the butritional info on the pack vs what ww says?

Thanks for that. Got the packet out & it works out that 60g dried is 5pp, so I'll change my tracker.

yea I am coing round. I kind of like figuring out how to make low point meals and stuff in the begnining...then I get bored when i run out of idea's. the OH is doing the shopping- i sent him off with a big list. here's hoping its a success. I have loads of work to do at hme today so asked if he'd do it. don't know how i will fit shopping into my week now. :(

I made some zero soup yesterday and have some left over. going to pop in and have osme of that now as am freezing! think I might have steak dinner if OH comes home with some.

Yesterday I made up a salad mix for sandwichs and used 1 tpsp of light mayo. the whole tbsp made enough mixture for a sandwich and for me to pick at!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

astra2000 wrote: »
    If you give me the nutritional values I will check it on the site. Mcdonnells is imo the nicest curry powder, but I think there may be more fat calories in it. I think it is better to pp each individual item as they can really vary.
    I checked a knorr med curry powder on the site yesterday a 47g pk came in at 5pp, but tbh I am not sure if I was pointing it correctly as the values given were for 100 ml not gm, how ever the full pk makes up 300 ml so I imputtted values for 300ml to give me the 47g values, if that makes any sense!

These are from ww site

Lucozade body sport orange/raspberry/tropical/mixed citrus 500ml pp3
    lucozade hydro active sport summerfruits/citrus 500ml pp1

The Erin Sachet of curry powder work out at 1 pro point per serving of 70ml, the whole sachet makes 210 so its 3 propoints for the entire sachet which is made with just water. Its very mild but I had it over chicken and veg and a baked potato last night and it was quite satirfying!

• Advertisement

yea I am coing round. I kind of like figuring out how to make low point meals and stuff in the begnining...then I get bored when i run out of idea's. the OH is doing the shopping- i sent him off with a big list. here's hoping its a success. I have loads of work to do at hme today so asked if he'd do it. don't know how i will fit shopping into my week now. :(

I made some zero soup yesterday and have some left over. going to pop in and have osme of that now as am freezing! think I might have steak dinner if OH comes home with some.

Yesterday I made up a salad mix for sandwichs and used 1 tpsp of light mayo. the whole tbsp made enough mixture for a sandwich and for me to pick at!

Would you try tesco shopping online?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement