Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

irishneady wrote: »
    whats a bottle of bulmers lite. leader told us but i forget!

i love wine. I'll be all over it! just had a glass there with remaining daily. luckily its all I had in the house as I have a goo for more!!!!

lady - have you tried vallerian?

Bulmers light is 3 per bottle, so same as wine...both are my tipples of choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

i love wine. I'll be all over it! just had a glass there with remaining daily. luckily its all I had in the house as I have a goo for more!!!!

Natrasleep tablets are Valerian and hops based. I have the Valerian drops in the press but never felt like they worked.

thanks for the suggestions! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

Pixie Girl wrote: »
    Ok so just to let ye know, I tried the italian one pan lamb recipe from the booklet last night, I made it with chicken though cos not a big fan of lamb and it was a total of 10 ppts including the pasta so not bad! It was only ok, dont think i'll be making it again to be honest...

Gonna make the spicey tomatoe and butternut squash soup tonight.. hopefully it'll be nice, will let ye know tomorrow!

Oh and just while I think of it, be careful with some of the recipes and the way they are pointed, Ive noticed a lot of them are pointed without including the pasta, rice, etc... so just be careful to remember to add extra points for whatever garnish you are having!

Hi all I tried the one pan lamb recipe and I have to say I found it very tasty and filling. Recipe says its for 4people but I actually served it to 5 people and they were quite adequate portions and everyone seemed to really enjoy it!

I also tried the creamy chicken curry dinner and it was yummy too-much nicer than those frozen ww meals and I added loads of extra veg- was very filling!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

I promise I will add to this thread in a couple of weeks. I've only just started WW but cooking is a major hobby so I plan to convert my normal meals into propoint meals. I'm a big fan of cream, butter and all the other good stuff and I'm confident there has to be a way!

This evening, I cooked the WW recipe of Chicken wrapped in parma ham stuffed with blue cheese from English WW website. It was really tasty too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 autmam

A 330ml bottle of bulmers light is 4 points and a 500ml can is 6 points. I emailed Ww to clarify this as shop book says bottle is 3 points, but it is for a 250ml bottle, but the bottles here are 330ml. Am seriously confused over the massive points in alcohol. Have managed to lose almost 2 stone so far and still having a few drinks at the weekend. So am wondering how could it have been ok last week but not ok this week. Treat points are goin to take a serious hit this weekend!!

• Advertisement

Skinny cow ice cream on special in tesco!

Stocking up so i can have ice cream instead of birthday cake :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tanaoise88

ok, i have looked up about ten different websites and they have all given me the same nutritional information for coors light:

12 oz = 355ml approx (1 bottle approx)
    protein 0.7g
    carbohydrate = 5.0g
    fat = 0g
    fibre = 0g

when calulated this gives a pro point value of 1. i am going to ask my leader this week to be sure.

http://www.peertrainer.com/DFcaloriecounterB.aspx?id=9520

autmam wrote: »
    A 330ml bottle of bulmers light is 4 points and a 500ml can is 6 points. I emailed Ww to clarify this as shop book says bottle is 3 points, but it is for a 250ml bottle, but the bottles here are 330ml. Am seriously confused over the massive points in alcohol. Have managed to lose almost 2 stone so far and still having a few drinks at the weekend. So am wondering how could it have been ok last week but not ok this week. Treat points are goin to take a serious hit this weekend!!
    Oh no! Thanks for clarifying...

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

KayTee wrote: »
    Bulmers light is 3 per bottle, so same as wine...both are my tipples of choice!
    don't think a glass of wine is 3,,i know a bottle is 19:eek:and i deffo dont get 6 glasses in a bottle:D

they work alcohol out differently as far as i know!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Muirgheal

I just got a fright when I went to double check the pro-points value for an egg (one large egg is 3 points)-

One egg white is zero points
    Two egg whites are one point

Which just proves to me <again> that the whole system has completely and totally changed. Spinach and egg white omelettes have been a staple of mine!

...and for my second and third shock of the day!

Garlic puree 1 tsp 1 point
    Tomato puree 2 tbsp 1 point

I've been using all these all week thinking they were zero!

tanaoise88 wrote: »
    ok, i have looked up about ten different websites and they have all given me the same nutritional information for coors light:

12 oz = 355ml approx (1 bottle approx)
    protein 0.7g
    carbohydrate = 5.0g
    fat = 0g
    fibre = 0g

when calulated this gives a pro point value of 1. i am going to ask my leader this week to be sure.

http://www.peertrainer.com/DFcaloriecounterB.aspx?id=9520

In the "shop" book, Coors light is listed as 4 points for half a pint, and 4 points for 330ml bottle.

(OK- I was wrong, the "shop" book is good for something! I just wish it was more relevant for Ireland!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Ballyfree original turkey rashers for 2 rashers pp1

tantipie wrote: »
    don't think a glass of wine is 3,,i know a bottle is 19:eek:and i deffo dont get 6 glasses in a bottle:D
    They are talking about 125ml glasses of wine, there is 6 of them in a bottle of wine, not the portion your average wine drinker would pour I would imagine:p. God only knows how many points in the small individual bottles you get in pubs, must be at least 250ml so 6 points!

Thanks for setting this up irish great idea.

This is just a quick lunch idea its very simple sounds a bit boring but is delicious.

I steam lots of veg, mushrooms, peppers, onions, sweetcorn,(pp1) tomatoes and pineapple.
    when these are soft I add some wafer thin ham,waferthin 30g pp1,
    then I add 2 laughing cow light triangles pp1 and stir around until melted,
    I stuff 2 pitta bread I use tesco 28g pp2 in each pitta. And I usually add chilli sauce pp1. Total pp 8 and you will be stuffed. Sometimes I use lowfat mayo mixed with the chilli sauce rather than the soft cheese. You can change the ham for another meat or leave it out if you prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

bubbaloo wrote: »
    Hi Jackmax - my husband is a chef and he said it's the same fat as a pork loin steak, which is in the book! :) So I weighed the pork chop and pointed it accordingly.
    ah thats great :) thanks again cos i love them and had them again last night :D

tantipie wrote: »

When im pointing I use the smallest glasses I have so the 125ml still looks like a substantial amount!

From 1st of Jan down 4.6lbs :D wooo

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    That is fantastic well done!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭timeforachange

:eek::eek::eek: OMG!! Well done!!

• Advertisement

just wondering about curry. I use the macdonnells curry sauce. i see in the book that 1tbsp is 1pp. so does this mean if you make up curry with a tbsp of powder that its 1pp?? sorry its probaby obvious but just want to double check :o

:eek::eek::eek: OMG!! Well done!!

shocking thing is...i think it would have been even more...if i hadn't tucked into the home made brown bread at 11 o clock last night! :P

but fecking hell 4.6lbs is my target for the whole month!

oh and does anyone know how many pp are in lucozade? I know there is probably loads :mad: but i love it!!
    This is a great thread btw :D

shocking thing is...i think it would have been even more...if i hadn't tucked into the home made brown bread at 11 o clock last night! :P

Well done Lainy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭timeforachange

Man thats amazing, your inspiring me to kick butt with my eating today too!! :) Well done girly :)

Man thats amazing, your inspiring me to kick butt with my eating today too!! :) Well done girly :)

Trust me....if I can do it.....it'll be walk in the park for all of ye! Ye are all alot stronger willed than I am...I've told me mum to STOP making bread!

Keep up the good work! the new system DOES work! Just trust it!

well done thats fantastic!!! i was thrilled with my 1lb loss over christmas :rolleyes:you must be ecstatic:D

KayTee wrote: »
    When im pointing I use the smallest glasses I have so the 125ml still looks like a substantial amount!
    i'm such a glutton,,i use big red wine glass,,even tho i'm drinking white and try and fit in as much as possible:p

jackmax wrote: »
    hi all :) I am new on here and joined WW on Wednesday. I have just had a baby 6 weeks ago and feel so huge!! this is my third baby so have been through this before. with my first which was 11 years ago it took me years to shift the weight. then in 2008 i had my little boy and i joined WW and lost weight but then Christmas came and ruined all that he he. so im doing it now again and this time i am determined to do it right. i have my step daughters communion in May so need to get down some weight at least so i can look some way decent. really want to get rid of this weight now. I weighed in at 14stone 3lbs:( would love to get down to about 9 and a half or 10 stone again. hoping these pro points are going to do the job. been only on it 2 days but find im not actually hungry yet which is weird. he he. the only exercise i can do is the EA active game which i will be buying next week. did it before and lost weight. so anyway sorry for the long post but will be on here regularly cos it seems ye are all very helpful and supportive of each other :)

I'm using the EA Active SPorts! I love it! I used it 4 times this week, 20 mins each go....that combined ww and and i'm down 4.6lbs! Totally worth the investment! Get the new 2nd one! WAY WAY WAY better than the 1st one. The kit in the first one is kinda cheap in quality....and well it didnt fit my fat legs!

• Advertisement

I'm on a higher pro point allowance cos i have more weight to lose, So i guess for now I can afford to have the big dinners!

400g baby potatoes= 8 propts
    2 x Aldi Yellowfin Sole lightly dusted fillets = 8 propts
    Gravy made with 5g of gravy granules = 1propt

Bake the fish in the oven, boil the spuds!

I'm ready to fall asleep after this dinner...cant believe i lost weight eating spuds!

This is a really heavy dinner, I wouldn't have it too late in the evening. And drink loads of water, to help flush out the carbs from the spuds.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement