Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

krudler wrote: »
    anyone got any tips for that quest Delphine sends you on to get into the Thalmor embassy party? I keep getting caught no matter how much I sneak, might reload the last save and go look for some potions of light feet to sneak a bit better.

i kept getting caught and killed so in the end i just decided to just leg it through. worked fine for me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

anyone got any tips for that quest Delphine sends you on to get into the Thalmor embassy party? I keep getting caught no matter how much I sneak, might reload the last save and go look for some potions of light feet to sneak a bit better.
    I've left that quest on the side for a good while now, while I get my sneak and bow up to scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I came across/killed him east of Dawnstar.

At least you didn't do it the other way around. That'd be just weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Kill them all thats what I did... got some sweet elven armor too :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

After finding a cube similar to the one in transformers i embarked on a quest to a dwemer ruin. It led to an amazing cavern with glowing mushrooms and a vast open space.

This in turn led to obtaining a elder scroll.

Could someone more versed in lore mind explaining what an elderscroll does?:/

• Advertisement

After finding a cube similar to the one in transformers i embarked on a quest to a dwemer ruin. It led to an amazing cavern with glowing mushrooms and a vast open space.

The Elder Scrolls exist out of time, they both exist and do not
    this one helps you travel back in time to when the people fighting Alduin sent him forward in time

• Registered Users Posts: 27,320 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Does anyone else feel that bringing a companion into a dungeon is kind of, you know, cheating? I'm level 25 and brought Lydia on a quest with me to get some magic books back for the college and I just breezed through the whole thing. I know that having a companion with you is for the most part optional but, I dunno, having her with me seemed to take out any challenge.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Does anyone else feel that bringing a companion into a dungeon is kind of, you know, cheating? I'm level 25 and brought Lydia on a quest with me to get some magic books back for the college and I just breezed through the whole thing. I know that having a companion with you is for the most part optional but, I dunno, having her with me seemed to take out any challenge.

You could just make her wait outside while you go in, and use as a pack donkey for when you reemerge with a tonne of loot?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Kill them all thats what I did... got some sweet elven armor too :cool:

pfff here was me being all stealthy and sh1t I thought the quest would be failed if I got caught, right, all staffs blazing later. c'mon ya Thalmor fcukers!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I wouldn't call bringing a companion cheating, but they can definitely makes things easier.

I stopped bringing companions as I am a sneaky archer and they kept giving away my position and causing a lot of noise, and stepping on pressure pads and setting off traps.

For me, it made things worse.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yup, if you're trying to play the game with any kind of stealth, companions are about as useful in this game as flammable pantaloons.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

Anyone know where I can get Void Salts?? Really wanna upgrade my Nightingale Armour and i need them to do it!!

Been looking in some of the alchemy shops and nowhere seems to have it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Kettle316 wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get Void Salts?? Really wanna upgrade my Nightingale Armour and i need them to do it!!

AFAIK void salts are found on reanimated bodies that have turned to piles of ash. when a body is raised by a necromancer and then the necro is killed the reanimated body turns to a pile of ash. this can be searched for void salts.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im level 32

It kiinda pisses me off that Falmer use to be piss easy to beat but now 2 arrows and im dead

Just not right

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Anyone know where I can get Void Salts?? Really wanna upgrade my Nightingale Armour and i need them to do it!

This sentence confused me. When I need to upgrade anything I bang it with a hammer. Is there a whole mechanic that I missed out on?

Anyway, I've seen very few void salts around to be honest. They seem to randomly appear in alchemical stashes in dungeons etc, but I can't think of any reliable source for them. If you can get into the Arch-Mage's area in the College there's probably some there. What DirtyBollox is saying doesn't sound familiar at all, though he could be right. In Oblivion I'm pretty certain they were dropped by certain atronach's upon death.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I wouldn't call bringing a companion cheating, but they can definitely makes things easier.

Same, I have resorted to leaving them in my house now as a form of decoration! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Ive had quite a few void salts in my time but cant recall from where they came..

Try the alchemist place in Rifden (its on the lower level).. Everytime I visit Rifden I pop down there and rob every ingredient they have, seems to reappear after a while :D poor old people are clueless!!

Or else I tihnk you can rob some from the dorms in College of Winterhold.. Have a gander in those 2 places might get lucky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

hypermuse wrote: »
    Ive had quite a few void salts in my time but cant recall from where they came..

Try the alchemist place in Rifden (its on the lower level).. Everytime I visit Rifden I pop down there and rob every ingredient they have, seems to reappear after a while :D poor old people are clueless!!

Or else I tihnk you can rob some from the dorms in College of Winterhold.. Have a gander in those 2 places might get lucky!

The alchemy shop in whiterun sells them, upgraded my armour earlier too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,296 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

vois salts? My goodness, what an idea. Why didn't I think of that? void salts! there's four places. There's the void salts Hut, that's on third.
    There's void salts-R-Us, that's on third too. You got void-your-salts-there.
    That's on third. Avoid the Salt... Matter of fact, they're all in the same complex; it's the void salts complex on third.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Skerries wrote: »
    vois salts? My goodness, what an idea. Why didn't I think of that? void salts! there's four places. There's the void salts Hut, that's on third.
    There's void salts-R-Us, that's on third too. You got void-your-salts-there.
    That's on third. Avoid the Salt... Matter of fact, they're all in the same complex; it's the void salts complex on third.

Brilliant :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

I've just wiped out the Stormcloakes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Are there any really good mods out yet?

I feel really bad for stealing from all my whiterun friends. But such is the life of a sneaky thief. :cool:

pfff here was me being all stealthy and sh1t I thought the quest would be failed if I got caught, right, all staffs blazing later. c'mon ya Thalmor fcukers!

I killed...everyone :D hard section though, some tough enemies, fcuking ice troll as well! hate those bastards.

one thing I wish you could turn off, and the pc one probably has a mod for it, its the dynamic contrast effect,you know when you walk from someplace bright to dark and vice versa and your vision is brightened or fades, like if you look at the ground outdoors then straight up into the sky it takes a second for everything to focus, I know its like real life when you stare at something bright but its annoying in dungeons going from dark to light places all the time and the contrast is up and down constantly.

I was just on a burglary job or one of them thieves guild small jobs and i had to steal and gem from the potions shop I had cleared out the night before... She had lads waiting for me :D but they just sat around saying this will teach you for taking what dont belong to you and I showed up as hidden. Got away clean again though.
    TAKE THAT OLD WOMAN!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

11496486.jpg

elven armour and maces are cool, one hit killed some assbag bandit trying to mug me earlier with a mace into the temple, boom! take that ya thieving fcuker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Big spoiler
    97 hours in and I defeated Alduin for good and the game continues on, cannot wait for DLC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Spoiler maybe?! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

just relentless forced three huge snow bears off the mountain above Dawnstar! There are now 3 lifeless furry corpses somewhere on the streets, as if the town could get any worse bless em.

Advertisement