Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

30-06-2020, 08:07   #181
Pappa Dolla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fol20 View Post
Third party inspects place before and after to avoid disputes of that nature. Funding would come from the interest on the deposit scheme they hold.

If the landlords were open to giving a third party that power, (amongst all the other benefits you listed), I think it only fair that that inspector also supplies a min/max/average area price information to the tenant, and to advise on what price the inspected accommodation should be.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
30-06-2020, 08:31   #182
Fol20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappa Dolla View Post
If the landlords were open to giving a third party that power, (amongst all the other benefits you listed), I think it only fair that that inspector also supplies a min/max/average area price information to the tenant, and to advise on what price the inspected accommodation should be.
That is fair. Although since it’s a new let, the ll has the right to charge a rate based on rpz regs.
Thanks from:
30-06-2020, 08:41   #183
JustAThought

A n inspector deciding on market rates or setting them - queue nepotism, cronyism and communism at its best.
(2) thanks from:
30-06-2020, 08:49   #184
Pappa Dolla

Quote:
That is fair. Although since it’s a new let, the ll has the right to charge a rate based on rpz regs.
I agree
30-06-2020, 08:51   #185
Pappa Dolla

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAThought View Post
A n inspector deciding on market rates or setting them - queue nepotism, cronyism and communism at its best.
In that case, it would be public info and subject to appeal from a member of public.

It actually frustrates me that when you see an ad that advertises below min standards accommodation, no complaint can be lodged by anyone, except the leasee.

As for your communist comment...

Thanks from:
Advertisement
30-06-2020, 21:24   #186
JustAThought

As I said - cronyism and communism.

Alot of people shouod just be done with it and roll back the clock to the 1980’s and move to
communist Russia - the dysfunctional utopia they aspire to creating here.
01-07-2020, 06:33   #187
perfectkama

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAThought View Post
As I said - cronyism and communism.

Alot of people shouod just be done with it and roll back the clock to the 1980’s and move to
communist Russia - the dysfunctional utopia they aspire to creating here.
If you ask anyone who is looking to rent there is nothing out there getting a 2008 standard is difficult and to secure a viewing for the average income earner.

the market interference is choking supply and increasing rent which is 50% tax good for revenue from our indigenous LL but while a shameful discount to reits
The eviction ban which threshold want permanent maybe the final nail in the private rental market which is a communists dream
Their are even clowns on here discussing registering door bells

Last edited by perfectkama; 01-07-2020 at 06:51.
(2) thanks from:
01-07-2020, 08:25   #188
JimmyVik

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectkama View Post
If you ask anyone who is looking to rent there is nothing out there getting a 2008 standard is difficult and to secure a viewing for the average income earner.

the market interference is choking supply and increasing rent which is 50% tax good for revenue from our indigenous LL but while a shameful discount to reits
The eviction ban which threshold want permanent maybe the final nail in the private rental market which is a communists dream
Their are even clowns on here discussing registering door bells

I looked every day for 3 weeks solid. Finally gave up and staying where I am.
It might be easy to find a rental elsewhere in the country but I caouldnt get one in Dublin
01-07-2020, 10:06   #189
Pkiernan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyVik View Post
I looked every day for 3 weeks solid. Finally gave up and staying where I am.
It might be easy to find a rental elsewhere in the country but I caouldnt get one in Dublin
Under current legislation I wouldn't dream of renting out a house I had any intention of selling in the next 5 years.

Any landlord bringing an empty house on to the market right now is a fool.
Ironically we've never needed supply more.
Advertisement
01-07-2020, 10:29   #190
Claw Hammer

Quote:
mind you the whole premise of this is that the dopoait interest would pay the wages of the people that inspect and mediate the process.
You have to be joking. Deposit interest for large sums is now negative. No way are you going to support an army of bureaucrats on deposit interest.
01-07-2020, 18:17   #191
mrslancaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by curious minds View Post
Eviction Ban has been extended until July 20th

and possibly will be extended further ......due to political interests and games

https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-39302355.html

Just out of curiosity and something most people probably know but I don't I cant find the answer so looking for a bit of help here please (Mods, think it was posted in wrong place earlier but please move if another forum is appropriate).

The Covid RTA emergency measures was for 3 months from 27 Mar and can be extended by the government "....from time to time, by order extend the emergency period for such period as they consider appropriate..."
How does that work? Is an Order the same as a Statutory Instrument or is it just an announcement made by the government?

The rent/termination freeze seems to be extended but when did it happen? Was it the announcement read out in the daily briefing from the last taoiseach on 22 June. If that's an Order, the government can make as many announcements as they like to keep extending the finish date.

AFAIR, they had to pass legislation to extend the RPZ timeframe and the areas covered by the RPZ rules before the original date finished.

Is this different or is the freeze finished since 27th June?

Last edited by mrslancaster; 01-07-2020 at 19:15.
02-07-2020, 07:08   #192
curious minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslancaster View Post
Just out of curiosity and something most people probably know but I don't I cant find the answer so looking for a bit of help here please (Mods, think it was posted in wrong place earlier but please move if another forum is appropriate).

The Covid RTA emergency measures was for 3 months from 27 Mar and can be extended by the government "....from time to time, by order extend the emergency period for such period as they consider appropriate..."
How does that work? Is an Order the same as a Statutory Instrument or is it just an announcement made by the government?

The rent/termination freeze seems to be extended but when did it happen? Was it the announcement read out in the daily briefing from the last taoiseach on 22 June. If that's an Order, the government can make as many announcements as they like to keep extending the finish date.

AFAIR, they had to pass legislation to extend the RPZ timeframe and the areas covered by the RPZ rules before the original date finished.

From Eoghan Murphy
https://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/...iction#g2838.q

"Under the legislation, the process for any extension of the 3 month COVID-19 emergency period involves the Minister for Housing, Planning and Local Government requesting the Government to make an Order, having consulted with the Minister for Health and with the consent of the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform. The Government must consider it appropriate and be satisfied that it is in the public interest to extend the emergency period having regard to:

- the threat to public health;

- the highly contagious nature of COVID-19; and

- the need to restrict the movement of persons to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

The consideration of whether to request the Government to make an Order to extend the emergency period is ongoing and any subsequent request to Government will be made at the appropriate time and in accordance with the Emergency Measures in the Public Interest (Covid-19) Act 2020.

It is not possible to amend the provisions of the Act at this time."
Thanks from:
02-07-2020, 08:04   #193
Graham

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslancaster View Post
I assume it has been extended by government order:

Quote:
The emergency legislation takes effect from 27 March 2020 and continues until 20 July 2020. This period can be extended by Government Order, if necessary.
https://www.rtb.ie/covid-19-emergenc...-rental-sector
02-07-2020, 10:53   #194
timetogo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Japanese BASTARDS! View Post
Nope. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/hitler-control-quote/
Thanks from:
02-07-2020, 11:07   #195
mrslancaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
I assume it has been extended by government order:

https://www.rtb.ie/covid-19-emergenc...-rental-sector
I assumed that too after reading different reports but the RTB site says

On Friday, the Government agreed to make an Order to extend the emergency period during which rent increases and tenancy terminations (in all but limited and exceptional cases) are prohibited. The emergency period will be extended to 20 July 2020.

New Minister said on radio earlier that he has consulted the AG about extending the freeze. So it looks like it hasn't been extended yet and finished on 27June. Thats what I'm trying to understand.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion