Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

29-10-2020, 08:23   #16
munsterlegend

There will be a few Halloween decorations floating around the weekend judging by the forecasts.at least not as many up as previous years and no trick or treaters.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
29-10-2020, 09:59   #17
pauldry

RTE weather had deep low last night that I dont see on any of the charts. Where are they getting that from?
29-10-2020, 10:29   #18
Graces7

Truly spectacularly appalling ! As met.ie foretold and then some. The din is deafening. The ocean not as high just now but we have spring tides soon.
Roaring and battering.

There are no fields or mountains.

Just.. WOW! I have spent half an hour on the phone rearranging deliveries etc.

No ferries today; with gusts up to 100 k forecast.. of course not.

There looks to be a lull tomorrow so shopping trip then.

Before the next assault?

The forecast according to Graces7! Focussing on the effects of the weather.
29-10-2020, 10:35   #19
Meteorite58

Yes charts are evolving every run, the most severe winds from the earlier runs ( even from yesterday ) not showing as widespread stormy conditions atm yet still very windy in places especially coasts but I still wouldn't see todays charts as anywhere as final. This is so fast moving that anything could happen, could easily throw a depression straight at us with very strong winds at the last moment. Certainly a challenging one for forecasting, keeping it very generalized with so much change in the charts. No shortage of rain driving up the totals. Exact track of the heaviest rains changing also but in general the S, SW , W and NW getting the highest totals.

29-10-2020, 10:59   #20
pad199207

Weather Advisory for Ireland

Very unsettled weather will occur over the Halloween weekend as a series of vigorous Atlantic weather systems pass close to Ireland.

Spells of heavy rain will lead to surface and river flooding.

Very windy/stormy at times with some severe and damaging gusts possible.

Some coastal flooding possible also due to the combination of low pressure, high tides and onshore winds.

Very high seas.

Please consult your county warnings from Met Éireann on a day by day basis https://www.met.ie/warnings/today

Valid: 21:03 Friday 30/10/2020 to 18:00 Monday 02/11/2020

Issued: 10:00 Thursday 29/10/2020
Advertisement
29-10-2020, 11:37   #21
Oscar Bravo

Warning out for Saturday

Status Yellow - Wind warning for Ireland

Met Éireann Weather Warning

Strong to gale force southerly winds will veer westerly. Some severe gusts are possible.

Valid: 01:00 Saturday 31/10/2020 to 15:00 Saturday 31/10/2020

Issued: 11:00 Thursday 29/10/2020
29-10-2020, 14:27   #22
pauldry

Certainly not as bad as outlier chart they showed after news at 9. It will likely be yellow with an odd chance of 115kph along coasts in South and West.
Thanks from:
29-10-2020, 15:31   #23
Widdensushi

West getting strongest winds on Monday
Thanks from:
29-10-2020, 16:23   #24
hatrickpatrick

How likely is the current Met Eireann forecast for a dry night on Saturday in Dublin to stick? About the one thing I'm looking forward to about Halloween this year is my usual wander around Dun Laoghaire to watch all the back garden fireworks displays people do, the last two (I think?) years in a row have had horrendous weather on Halloween night and it seems like this year, despite the weekend in general being forecast to be a mess, the night itself might actually be dry
Thanks from:
Advertisement
29-10-2020, 16:49   #25
irishrover99

I hate stormy weather, but this year on Halloween I hope it buckets down all night with huge gales.
29-10-2020, 16:54   #26
Oscar Bravo

Our Meteorologist's Commentary regarding the scary Halloween weather on the way has been updated and is available here...

https://t.co/ktXtWjbfIg
(3) thanks from:
29-10-2020, 17:35   #27
PukkaStukka

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishrover99 View Post
I hate stormy weather, but this year on Halloween I hope it buckets down all night with huge gales.
I feel for the young kids who love this time of year and Covid writing it off. But since early September, it has been aggressive displays from teenagers with bangers and fireworks, and our dogs not able to handle these. It seems to being out the antisocial element that - hopefully - the bad weather will deter
29-10-2020, 17:58   #28
sweet_trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatrickpatrick View Post
How likely is the current Met Eireann forecast for a dry night on Saturday in Dublin to stick? About the one thing I'm looking forward to about Halloween this year is my usual wander around Dun Laoghaire to watch all the back garden fireworks displays people do, the last two (I think?) years in a row have had horrendous weather on Halloween night and it seems like this year, despite the weekend in general being forecast to be a mess, the night itself might actually be dry

Looks like it's going to lul somewhat between saturday afternoon and saturday night. It's a small window but hopefully it won't deter many from having a good night.

Have some fireworks and a little campfire planned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishrover99 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PukkaStukka View Post
I feel for the young kids who love this time of year and Covid writing it off. But since early September, it has been aggressive displays from teenagers with bangers and fireworks, and our dogs not able to handle these. It seems to being out the antisocial element that - hopefully - the bad weather will deter

What you actually wanted was for it to bucket and gale from September to October every day.

The one night of the year should be the only night for fireworks, and a fun night to enjoy and not be miserable wishing such things.
29-10-2020, 18:18   #29
PukkaStukka

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_trip View Post
The one night of the year should be the only night for fireworks, and a fun night to enjoy and not be miserable wishing such things.
Who wished miserable on anybody? I certainly didn't - I want the antisocial element curbed which have been making the lives of many here MISERABLE with bangers, rockets and stupid carryon. As I said, I feel for the young kids who look forward to it.
29-10-2020, 18:50   #30
Meteorite58

ECM back looking stormy around the coasts on Saturday and some very windy overland. But the charts have been chopping and changing a lot as they try to grapple with the energy coming our way over the Halloween weekend into Monday. Would need to see more consistent charts and other models to come into some alignment to make any sort of a call, they are all over the place atm. ICON's last run is similar now to the ECM, ARPEGE was showing it stormy the previous run but gone off on another tangent, does show it very windy later Sat night into Sun. GFS showing it windy Sat night into Sun but otherwise not as strong as the Euro models.

Last edited by Meteorite58; 29-10-2020 at 18:59.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion