Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strong smell of chlorine off water

• 16-04-2020 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this in Drogheda recently. It’s stronger than I’ve ever seen it. Really puts me off using it for anything else other than washing stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭raxy

I believe it is due to the reduced consumption since businesses are closed. They have upped the chlorine to take into account the longer time it takes the water to clear the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

raxy wrote: »
    I believe it is due to the reduced consumption since businesses are closed. They have upped the chlorine to take into account the longer time it takes the water to clear the system.

Thanks for that. Makes sense. We’ve gone to bottled water, I know it’s a minor inconvenience in the grand scheme of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

I drink tap water in Drogheda every day. Can't say I've noticed any change.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,717 ✭✭✭sudzs

Put the water into jugs, let it stand and the chlorine will evaporate and you'll have nicer drinking water.

The chlorine has definitely been upped, and the smell off the Marsh Road “treatment plant” is on the rise as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

Meath not Louth, but I got a real whiff of chlorine off my tap today, thought I was going daft, nice to know I'm not alone.

Advertisement