Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid nation ( Katherine Thomas )

124»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Muahahaha wrote: »
    So the naming of the show as Operation Covid Nation was discussed by herself, the experts, RTE and the HSE and not a single one of them thought 'hang on a minute, is this the best name under the circumstances?'

It really shows how out of touch these people are.
    Or thick beyond measure, or so ego driven to be on the public stage no matter what, or all of the above.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

So the naming of the show as Operation Covid Nation was discussed by herself, the experts, RTE and the HSE and not a single one of them thought 'hang on a minute, is this the best name under the circumstances?'

Whilst they may have discussed the format and whatever, I bet you sixpence they didn’t discuss the title!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Typical showbiz yes people. "oh yes, that's a wonderful idea. You really are a creative genius"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Does RTE have Director of Better? Presumably if so the Way Ahead meetings take place in the Niall Toibin
    room.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Typical showbiz yes people. "oh yes, that's a wonderful idea. You really are a creative genius"

If I could kiss that comment on both cheeks, I would!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,409 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

guaranteed they knew exactly and it generated a bit of free PR for them. Absolute whores all of them. Media whores I mean in case someone gets offended ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭hawley

I hope that they have some of the Trans Oppers on, just to see how they're doing since they left the programme. I wonder will they have leaders that we can follow during the lockdown. She's an absolute babe and seems like a genuinely nice person to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

hawley wrote: »
    I hope that they have some of the Trans Oppers on, just to see how they're doing since they left the programme. I wonder will they have leaders that we can follow during the lockdown. She's an absolute babe and seems like a genuinely nice person to boot.

She is mildly attractive which is about as much as id say about her.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

There’s not a judge In the country that would slap a fine on you if you presented this this show as a reason for you not paying your licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Bobtheman wrote: »
    She is mildly attractive which is about as much as id say about her.

Is she though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,112 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Is she though?

I mean, she's not ugly. she's not 'plain'... Shes a good looking girl

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

I mean, she's not ugly. she's not 'plain'... Shes a good looking girl

Agreed, her wedding dress was fab, especially the back . She is in a very competitive industry, especially if you are a woman and your looks might be waning a tad.
    But I understand some of these celebs become addicted to media attention. The media industry needs celebs as much as celebs need the industry. Im sure she gets phone calls all the time from journalists trying to fill empty pages in magazines, newspapers and tv/radio

K Thomas comes across as someone you would have good craic with if you met her in a pub. She doesn't seem to be a snob or a rude person or anything like that. She is competitive in a very small celebrity industry in Ireland.

I don't know K Thomas and have never met her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

bmm wrote: »
    Agreed, her wedding dress was fab, especially the back . She is in a very competitive industry, especially if you are a woman and your looks might be waning a tad.
    But I understand some of these celebs become addicted to media attention. The media industry needs celebs as much as celebs need the industry. Im sure she gets phone calls all the time from journalists trying to fill empty pages in magazines, newspapers and tv/radio

K Thomas comes across as someone you would have good craic with if you met her in a pub. She doesn't seem to be a snob or a rude person or anything like that. She is competitive in a very small celebrity industry in Ireland.

I don't know K Thomas and have never met her.

Hi, "K Thomas'" husband!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Tandey

Hi, "K Thomas'" husband!

So original. How did you come up with that yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Tandey wrote: »
    So original. How did you come up with that yourself?

Hi Tandey. Well, I read the post I quoted and it reads like it was written by a bot or possibly by someone being held at gunpoint. The wedding dress bit is weird as is the pub bit, it doesn't come across as real. Referring to her as K Thomas is also a bit weird. So, I engaged the creative part of my brain and posted inferring it was written by her husband in order to be humourous.

Hope this has been comprehensive enough. I might start doing classes if there is enough interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Tandey

Hi Tandey. Well, I read the post I quoted and it reads like it was written by a bot or possibly by someone being held at gunpoint. The wedding dress bit is weird as is the pub bit, it doesn't come across as real. Referring to her as K Thomas is also a bit weird. So, I engaged the creative part of my brain and posted inferring it was written by her husband in order to be humourous.

Hope this has been comprehensive enough. I might start doing classes if there is enough interest.

This post is weird.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Anyone but Katherine Thomas.

More fat shaming using da virus.

For me, it’s nothing to do with what she looks like (beauty being in the eye of the beholder and all that - and thank heavens we don’t all go for the same type!). It’s to do with the carry-on and behaviour.

And that’s spilt over into the bonkers title that was given to the show. The entertainment/media industry seems pretty cut-and-thrust to me, as an outsider, what with so much depending on your looks and “likes”, as well as being incredibly shallow. It’s all me, me, me. And if you don’t play that game, you ain’t gonna be in it long. Good luck to her and her career, but please keep a sense of perspective.

Advertisement