Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tale of Tullyallen Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭fed16

does this mean fibre is available now with Eir?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Go to any providers website line checker and put in your number, it should tell you “speeds up to 100mb available”

Verified by a Vodafone customer this morning.

Edit.. who successfully ordered with an install date early next week..

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭georgewickstaff

Just carried out a check on the various estates in Tullyallen

Not enabled yet: (Vodafone checker)
    Gleann Alainn - 24mb so its not enabled on the cabinet outside the estate yet.
    Centra Shop - 24mb
    National School - 24mb

Enabled:
    Townley Manor - 80mb FTTC enabled
    Allenwood - 80mb FTTC enabled
    Cnoc Na Greine - 80mb FTTC enabled
    Burton Hall - 80mb FTTC

Not connected to cabinets in Tullyallen
    Lavin Park - 24mb : I have a suspicion Lavin Park connected to Trinity Exchange
    Moorecourt - 24mb: Same as Lavin Park, connected to Trinity Street Exchange
    Arda Raith Wood - 24mb - Trinity Street exchange

For new residents in Tullyallen or those who have been directed here from the Tullyallen Facebook page - 24mb actually means 1.6mb so you dont need me to tell you to avoid...

So potentially 3 Estates in Tullyallen will not be connected to Fibre and possibly the National School? I cannot imagine there is a viable fix for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭daithihalton

Just checked Gleann Alainn on EIR and its speeds up to 100 MB

The lines for those estates come from Drogheda exchange Patrick street.
    They run through cab 10 which Is just on the left as you go onto the Collon road from mell.
    This cab is fttc enabled but fttc has a 2km limit.
    Lavin Park distance from drogheda exchange is about 5.6km so you’re looking at about 1-3mb ADSL max and similar for the other estates mentioned.

• Advertisement

kbell wrote: »

The lines for those estates come from Drogheda exchange Patrick street.
    They run through cab 10 which Is just on the left as you go onto the Collon road from mell.
    This cab is fttc enabled but fttc has a 2km limit.
    Lavin Park distance from drogheda exchange is about 5.6km so you’re looking at about 1-3mb ADSL max and similar for the other estates mentioned.

So its looking pretty bad for anyone who lives in those estates? When I say "pretty bad" I mean absolutely impossible to get FTTC?

Anyone using Imagine "5g Ready" in Tullyallen?

Swore I would never go down that road but looking unavoidable now. Supposed to be a disaster at peak times?

Anyone using Imagine "5g Ready" in Tullyallen?

Swore I would never go down that road but looking unavoidable now. Supposed to be a disaster at peak times?

I’m looking at it as there doesn’t seem to be a better option but they want a 24 month contract, not prepared to sign up for that long. Looking online it seems very poor at peak times

I rang Imagine. The 5g ready mast will not be live until mid October.

They want 150 to install and then its 59.99 per month for 24 months.

She did say that if the service was unusable you could exit the contract. I'm looking for that in writing though which seems a bit more difficult.

What a bloody shambles.

i called imagine too, they said there is nothing in writing that they can provide to help exit however when I pushed they said they could provide a transcript of the phone call where she said it shouldn't drop below 80. If there is an issue they need time to investigate and rectify which is understandable however I do need a clear process to allow exit if needed.
    I'm struggling with the 24 month contract, if you opt to exit early she said you are open to the full 24 months worth of billings

• Advertisement

kbell wrote: »

So its looking pretty bad for anyone who lives in those estates? When I say "pretty bad" I mean absolutely impossible to get FTTC?

Basically, Yup.

Unless somehow open eir could be persuaded to redirect the lines to those estates back to the watery lane RSU exchange.

It took a long time for them to listen but it looks like the national broadband plan have eventually updated their map to exclude houses in Tullyallen that cannot get high speed broadband, previously they were showing as an area that can be supplied with high speed broadband

https://www.dccae.gov.ie/en-ie/communications/topics/Broadband/national-broadband-plan/high-speed-broadband-map/Pages/Interactive-Map.aspx

Anyone on digiweb metro? Been down since 3.39am last night

Kids going mad :/

Cheers

Mail from Digiweb yesterday saying nbp rollout beginning in Drogheda area shortly. 1000mb FTTH. Arda Rath on list!!!

Not getting my hopes up but maybe just maybe....

Looks like having the NBP update their map is having a positive effect ��

I rang Digiweb and asked did they have a timeframe. Cant commit to anything but their understanding is that it could be end of 2020.

From what I have read it looks like engineers have walked the route to get an idea how they are going to connect Tullyallen. My only worry is that there are not many telegraph poles in many parts of the village, they apparently mark these with paint if suitable! These are apparently needed for FTTH connections otherwise something called a duct connection is required.

Anyone know anything else about the process?

Our broadband connection point seems to be listed as Stephenstown which seems odd given its 25km away. I will dig any trench they need with a teaspoon if it means getting decent broadband!!!!

looks like there is a new national broadband plan website https://nbi.ie/map/
    its showing Tullyallen and surrounding is planned for October 2021 to March 2022

There is an option to add your name etc to keep up to date, might be worthwile entering this

Thanks for reaching out to the team at NBI.

Using the Eircode provided we can confirm that it is in the Intervention Area and will be provided with the infrastructure required for future-proofed high-speed Fibre-to-the-Home broadband and anticipated date for connection is between October 2021 - March 2022.

Since January 27th, National Broadband Ireland contractors have surveyed over 150,000 premises in 26 counties in twelve months. NBI are updating the map on our website and are providing roll-out information on social media channels as we move through from surveying to the (fibre network) build/laying phases in each area.

Build works are now underway in parts of Cork, Cavan, Limerick and Galway, with the first of these connections expected in Carrigaline in the coming months. It is anticipated that 115,000 premises nationwide will be passed with the fibre network, and available for connection, within the next 18 months. See further information here: https://nbi.ie/rollout-plan/

There are 227 deployment areas to be surveyed and passed with fibre. NBI will be working in parts of all counties in 2021. We understand the vital need for access to high-speed broadband and are working with all of our stakeholders to expedite the roll-out where possible.

The Broadband Connection Point project, which includes facilities such as GAA halls and community centres in the Intervention Area with free public access to high-speed internet, is well underway, with most of the 300 facilities surveyed to date. There are now over 90 BCPs live and you can view them on the map by visiting https://nbi.ie/bcp-map/. The remaining ones will open in the coming months, and all have internal and external access.

Enabling facilities such as the BCPs at the earliest opportunity is important, particularly given the benefit they can provide for remote working, educational and other purposes. Work on the BCPs is continuing in line with the advice provided by the Government and the HSE. As the BCPs start to open they will change from orange to green and can be seen by visiting https://nbi.ie/bcp-map/.

If you sign up for updates at https://nbi.ie/eoi/ we will keep you updated on the rollout in your area.

Rolls of cable and National Broadband Signage on Hill of Rath in last few days...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,391 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Don't hold your breath. The dug the roads, laid cable, dug again and again around here for the past two years and still say late 2022 before live,

• Advertisement

Looks like FTTH should be available in Tullyallen by the summer

Installers out on Watery Lane this morning. "Should be live in about 4 weeks".

Now the fun part of working out best provider.

I've been with Digiweb for a while but they look very expensive. Sky seem to be alright but the constant phoning up every few months to renegotiate the bill is tedious.

Lots of NBI contractors working around the village on Good Friday.

I spoke to a couple of them asking if they had any idea when we might go live. One lad said "in a year" the other replied "maybe 6 weeks".

Sigh.

Got a message from NBI they say we should be able to pre-order towards the end of June

Thanks Daithi

Net1.ie are plastering the village with posters trying to jump the gun. Its simply preorder. Nothing is live.

I believe once NBI updates their page to preorder it will list all the providers so you can compare deals. Hopefully people will hold off making any decisions until they see all options.

Pushed out until October on roll out map.

Oh well. Its the hope that kills you.

We have waited long enough, at least the hardware is in place it’s only a matter of time 👍

Still down as Nov 22 - Jan 23

Any sign of any work being carried out?

• Advertisement

Pushed out to Feb - July 2023 on the NBI website 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Advertisement