Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Tale of Tullyallen Broadband

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭nathughes

I had 2 of their sales reps at my door abd they even showed me where it is hooked up ready to be roled out late this year and they were at the door in August i think.

I had 2 of their sales reps at my door abd they even showed me where it is hooked up ready to be roled out late this year and they were at the door in August i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭daithihalton

nathughes wrote: »

Can you remember where they said it was hooked up, should look like the attached picture on the esb pole

Can you remember where they said it was hooked up, should look like the attached picture on the esb pole

Should look like this

Im in Allenwood he said its outside our estate across the road

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Should look like this
    That photo shows nothing to do with Siri though, the black object is basically an isolator switch kind of thing.

That photo shows nothing to do with Siri though, the black object is basically an isolator switch kind of thing.

Would you know what it should look like ?

Im not sure he just said its like a black box on the electricity pole and thats how it will be brought in he could have just been saying that

Im not sure he just said its like a black box on the electricity pole and thats how it will be brought in he could have just been saying that

I just called Vodafone sales and they said there is no plans for Siro in Tullyallen at the moment :mad:

• Advertisement

I can't understand that at all very pissed off 😡

I can't understand that at all very pissed off 😡

If someone would Pm me with what i should say to the TD and the email address il do it tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Right across from allenwood is Tullyallen ptsn exchange, up the alleyway to Lavin Park, it supply’s some of the villages phone and broadband services.
    He might have been referring to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭georgewickstaff

No I'm afraid the Siro installs in Drogheda seem to be going in a southerly direction. Not a chance we will get it.

All gone quiet again from the various T.D's. They have no interest in us an when they come knocking round at our doors come election time they need reminding of this. Sinn Fein the absolute worst, did not get a single reply back from 3 emails. A total joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 AnthonyOD1987

Hello, looking at potentially buying a house in the allenwood estate, has there been any update on the internet since the above post? Does anyone have an insight to what way the internet is in this estate?

Area looks great, but having poor internet, when I work from home a few days a week would be an issue.

seems crazy to be so close to a major town and have this issue.

Any info would be great.

Hello, looking at potentially buying a house in the allenwood estate, has there been any update on the internet since the above post? Does anyone have an insight to what way the internet is in this estate?

Area looks great, but having poor internet, when I work from home a few days a week would be an issue.

seems crazy to be so close to a major town and have this issue.

Any info would be great.

Hi

Live directly across the road.

Your options are as follows:

1 - 8mb fixed line Eircom / Vodafone / Sky via the telephone line
    2 - Digiweb - 30mb metro connection. Down to about 2-3mb peak times.
    3 - Net1.ie or Imagine : 4g connections with 25gb cap per day. Contention issues drop it down to about 4-5mb peak times..some reports of slower speeds.
    4 - 3 - 750gb 4g connection for €30 per month.. Again contention drops it down significantly at peak times.

Despite what you may read on Tullyallen facebook pages and various people saying "the broadband is fine" and they have "no issue with vodafone/sky/eircom" etc its simply not true. Unfortunately for us the availability of net1 and Imagine implies that the village is up to speed in terms of broadband connectivity.

I have 2 of the above "solutions" and its far from ideal. Nothing like fibre speeds. Far from grand. Incredibly frustrating. At this stage it is hard to see Eircom introducing a solution that will bring fibre to the entire village.

If broadband is a necessity for work and leisure think very carefully about living in Tullyallen.

Actually...to be fair, off peak you might be ok..

Hi all, A fleet of Eir vans digging up the grass verges up by Lavin Park on Collon Road. Dare we hope for something????

Spotted on 11th February 2019

Fingers crossed

Some work going on at Gleann Alainn cabinets last Monday?

Any upgrade?

• Advertisement

Looks like they’re finally upgrading cab 001 at Gleann Alainn, this means anyone who’s lines run through this cab will be able to get FTTC broadband up to 100mb (depending on distance from cab)
    Looking at it today, they’ve ducted the fibre to beside it and laid the concrete base for the DSLAM cab.

Hi all

Work commenced on cabinets in Watery Lane, concrete bases etc

Looking at the fibre roll out map - https://fibrerollout.ie/rollout-map/ , Eircom are claiming fibre is live / connected in the area.

Despite this I'm still not overly confident. As per my previous posts here, anyone who lives past the cabs on Watery Lane is not not connected to them, they are on the Trinity Street exchance so will not have fibre. Incredible to think they have FTTH in Hill of Rath and a clump of developments in Tullyallen will not..

Any new subscribers to fibre? Anyone been in touch with providers to see what they are saying?

i called EIR yesterday and fibre is still not available for me, 2MB max through the landline
    I'm past the watery lane connected to Trinity Street so I wasn't expecting it to be any different

i called EIR yesterday and fibre is still not available for me, 2MB max through the landline
    I'm past the watery lane connected to Trinity Street so I wasn't expecting it to be any different

yeah, they have not installed the new cabinets yet. If you walk past where they did the work on watery lane or Gleann Alainn, you will see new concrete with electric and fibre sticking out.

6 weeks is what one resident told me although I like to confirm things myself. Open Eir are supposed to get back to me. Will update if I hear anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 AnthonyOD1987

we had eir phone line installed last week, the eir engineer did mention the work had started on watery lane with a new box, however when pushed for when it would be completed, the answer was more or less "it will be done when its done".

Major works going on at Watery Lane cabs this morning!

And on the glen Alainn cab today too.

Not quite live yet. If anyone hears about fibre in Allen Wood, Moorecourt, Arda Raith etc csn they let us know?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭fed16

I spoke to Eir yesterday and fibre will supposedly be available in Gleann Alainn from September 6th

• Advertisement

FTTC now live in Tullyallen :)

Advertisement