Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Status of restaurants in Drogheda during the Covid 19 slow down.

• 18-03-2020 1:29pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So, I thought it might be handy to compile a list of what places are doing takeaways/deliveries etc during the slow down?

What's inspired me a little is that the Black Bull are introducing self-isolation pick ups currently. From what I'm seeing, you'll be able to place your order online, drive to their car park, and they'll place it in the boot of your car for you, meaning pretty much no contact.

McDonalds are also apparently organizing deliveries.

The delivery driver at the Ming Garden told us on Saturday they were considering shutting down though, due to a lack of orders being placed (I'm guessing Chinese places are being hit a bit harder currently).

Anyone know of any other places making adjustments in these times?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Black bull are doing deliveries from 2-7
    Aishas delivering too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭gipi

kbell wrote: »
    Black bull are doing deliveries from 2-7
    Aishas delivering too

According to their Facebook page, Aisha's is collection only?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Are people really trusting of anybody else preparing food for them right now?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

MugMugs wrote: »

I’m personally taking the stance that you have to draw the line somewhere.

If I take that attitude, can I trust the food in shops when people are going in and browsing in supermarkets? Queuing with people in stores who won’t keep back? Delivery drivers (who aren’t wearing gloves and masks). Butchers who are prepping stuff?

If this lasts for weeks or months, I feel that everyone will draw the line somewhere. I wouldn’t go in to a restaurant. But if i can get takeaways or deliveries every now and again, that’s how I’ll stay sane...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,874 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Kitchen hygiene has always been top marks, even more so now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

everlast75 wrote: »
    Kitchen hygiene has always been top marks, even more so now.

Absolutely but it just takes a rogue sneeze / cough onto a lettuce leaf and you're in trouble.

Maybe it's the control freak in me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Sorry, but that comment has to be the stupidest I’ve seen in years.

A. The people you’re talking about are professional food preparers.

B. Do you usually inhale your food/shove it up your nose/rub your hands in it and then smear it all over your face?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

B. Do you usually inhale your food/shove it up your nose/rub your hands in it and then smear it all over your face?

It's not stupid. People can have the virus and not show symptoms and asymptomatically spread it. The virus can survive on surfaces. If you are getting pizza delivered, for example, there is a chance you could contract it by touching the pizza box. I would say the chances oft his happening are extremely remote, but in a world where you don't know if you have or if I have it until you start showing symptoms, it remains a possibility. If you think that comment was stupid, you fundamentally do not understand how the virus operates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

My work has me in the kitchens of several takeaways every week. I wouldn't eat from most of them on a good day - in the middle of a pandemic, not a chance! "professional food preparers" Are you having a laugh? The vast majority of kitchen staff are unskilled casual labour on minimum wage. Their incentive to practice high hygiene standards is not very strong.
    What? Consuming contaminated food would be one of the easiest ways to contract a virus. A lot of takeaway food is consumed with your fingers, chips, burgers, pizza etc, so if the packaging is contaminated, your almost certain to pick it up.
    The irony!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 boogiewonder

Hi all,
    This website's aim is to help restaurants and businesses by listing where people can order gift cards or vouchers to use later. Basically, it puts some cash in the coffers of the owners that are going through a disaster in their businesses now. I'm working on getting businesses without any online payments systems set up with Voucher Connect (who will waive fees during the shutdown).
    Any help, advice, or business suggestions are welcome. Working on adding a big list and segmenting it.
    https://saveourshops.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,907 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Want to get a take away this evening for my son's birthday. Where is open? He's 19 so a restaurant take away probably

• Registered Users Posts: 18,874 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

We got Aisha's Friday night. Lovely food and 4 starters and 4 mains for 40e

Ming Garden weren't answering their phone on Saturday. Neither were Bamboo Gate.

Black Bull still seems open but were massively busy on Saturday.

We ended up having to settle for a Dominos :P

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Ming Garden weren't answering their phone on Saturday. Neither were Bamboo Gate.

Bamboo Gate has been closed for over a week now, they have notice saying will re-open after current restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,907 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

We got a borzalinos. Was very nice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭gipi

Joe's takeaway in Yellowbatter is closed for the duration.

The Valley Inn at Mullary will do takeaway dinners next weekend for a few hours. Details and menu on their Facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

whelan2 wrote: »
    We got a borzalinos. Was very nice

Got pizza from there last night. Very delicious

Will defo try aishas too. Important to help local businesses if at all possible

Got a delivery from Bia tonight. We've never actually tried Bia, but we really liked tonights meal.

The portion sizes are massive; I ordered a large stirfry, thinking there'd be a bit extra to share, and there was really enough for two people easily, maybe even three. Told us it would be 40 minutes to deliver, and they arrived inside 20.

Really happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,875 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Duende in Southgate started doing a collection service since yesterday.
    This is available on Fridays and Saturdays 3-9 and Sundays 2-8.
    Orders over the phone and/or facebook page and they ask people if they can pay in advance so there is minimum interaction.

I ordered on Friday - I gave my card details over the phone and I was also able to give a collection time. Even so, I had to wait for an extra 15-20 minutes to get my food - they seem quite busy. But I like their food so much so I don't mind. On arrival, I gave my name and waited outside and when my order was ready they brought to me on a paper bag and I was on my way.
    The menu is available on their facebook page.

Advertisement