Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How many Weight Watchers points in ... ?-PLEASE USE MAIN STICKY THREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Can anyone advise? I'm leaving for my bus in 40 mins...

here's an online menu, but can't help with the points, sorry :(
    http://www.menupages.ie/restaurants/lemon_jelly_millenium_walkway/menu.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

http://www.menupages.ie/restaurants/lemon_jelly_millenium_walkway.aspx
    theres the online menu, they do pastas which might be a good option.

Looked up large crepe on fitday and pointed it, came up as 5.5points but i havn't a clue if thats right. I would of guessed it at less!

Hope that helps!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Anyone hazard a guess at this pub lunch? I'm thinking a point each for the mash (so 2), 2 points each for the turkey slices (so 4), a point for butter on the veg and a point for the bit of gravy on the side - 8 in total. Am I been to lenient or what do you think?
    http://twitpic.com/9w44e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Depuy lady

How many points would be in pan fried breast of chicken, in a cream of mushroom sauce, with carrots and brocolli, scallion mash, 1 scoop of garlic potato?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 MIDWIFEnTRAININ

Anyone have any idea how many points are in a standard slice of choc swiss roll?? :) thanks:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 rolodea

Anyone have any idea how many points are in a standard slice of choc swiss roll?? :) thanks:D

About 2 and a half ish:(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Depends on your idea of a "standard slice". I get little swiss rolls and eat them in one go, I think on the packet it says it has "6 servings", nobody would eat that. The packet should have nutirional info showing values per 100g. You really need to get a digital scale to workout points accurately. Just look at the per 100g info and get the kcal and fat or sat fat values and use this calculator
    http://points.ogo.ms/

rubadub wrote: »
    Depends on your idea of a "standard slice". I get little swiss rolls and eat them in one go, I think on the packet it says it has "6 servings", nobody would eat that. The packet should have nutirional info showing values per 100g. You really need to get a digital scale to workout points accurately. Just look at the per 100g info and get the kcal and fat or sat fat values and use this calculator
    http://points.ogo.ms/

well it was 1.5cm thick so thats pretty much average. I was at a meeting coulnd really whip out my digital scales, so just tot id ask d weight watcher members what they tot!! I already know how to calculate my weight watchers points thanks.

Thanks very much rolodea!!

I have d weight watchers eatin out guide and the ben n jerrys ice cream is 3 points per 60ml scoop for chocolate fudge brownie they just dont have the new low fat choc fudge brownie in it. Any one any ideas ? Im guessin about 2 points per scoop??????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

I think that rubadub was actually just trying to be helpful.

Also if you know how to calculate your points would it not make sense to go onto the Ben and Jerrys website and find out the nutrional info and calculate the points yourself!

http://www.benjerry.ie/ourflavours/ here is the website.

FYI; I work where there is a B&J scoop shop, a 1scoop is 85g. This works out as 2.5points. But portion control is very bad and you could easily get double this.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I was at a meeting coulnd really whip out my digital scales,
    :D fair enough!
    Jwacqui wrote: »
    I think that rubadub was actually just trying to be helpful.
    Yes, hope I did not appear dismissive or patronising.

It is very worthwhile being able to calculate and estimate points yourself, a scales is essential for this but also a basic knowledge of many foods. I have spotted mistakes on nutritional info on packets in the past. Many will blindly just accept point values or nutritional info, and this is the wrong way to go IMO. You should actively question and try and understand why something is so high or low in points if you are confused.

Again watch out for the tiny portions often quoted, common sense should tell people that there is far more points/calories in something if it appears lowly estimated.

You can just search for similar items online, here is a swiss roll works out 2.5pts per slice
    http://www.thedailyplate.com/nutrition-calories/food/sainsburys/chocolate-swiss-roll

that is 1/12th of a cake though. I seriously used to eat an entire swiss roll like a chocolate bar on the way home from the pub! and these were the triple chocolate cadbury ones...:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭gudbuzz

hi, im trying to calculate how many points ive used today so far (its my first day) and was wondering when ur calculating it do you use fat or the fat of which saturates?? sry if thats a stupid question...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭galaxyminstrels

How many points in a chicken goujon? I know it depends on size and how they are cooked but for an average size, oven cooked, how many points are there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 basherzz

gudbuzz wrote: »
    hi, im trying to calculate how many points ive used today so far (its my first day) and was wondering when ur calculating it do you use fat or the fat of which saturates?? sry if thats a stupid question...

It's the saturated fats are the important ones - not a stupid question at all. It's all a bit confusing in the beginning but it becomes second nature after a while. Specially knowing the points of the sweet things you like.

How many points in a chicken goujon? I know it depends on size and how they are cooked but for an average size, oven cooked, how many points are there?

I have Moy Park goujons in my fridge at the moment and 4 of them weigh 107g - 100g points up at 5 points. The breadcrumbs are what ups the points.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭gudbuzz

great thanks a mill... yea its actually kind of a good motivator to know exactly how many pts are in everything and to calculate it through the day. ive only 6pts left for dinner tho! had 2 biscuits worth 2pts each which wont be happening 2moro what a waste.. gonna have to ban everyone from work from bringing in goodies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭galaxyminstrels

So is that 4 of them are 5 points with the breadcrumbs? Sorry new to this so not too sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 frugby

So is that 4 of them are 5 points with the breadcrumbs? Sorry new to this so not too sure!

It doesn't show the kcal on their website - http://www.moypark.ie/the_range/breaded_chicken_goujons.php?sub=two

But you can use this online tool to calc the points http://points.ogo.ms/ if it did. Can be confusing calculating the per portion points.

Oh and if you register on their website you get a voucher for some of their kievs - http://www.iloveirishchicken.ie/i-love-irish-chicken/index.php?forgot=true

Sorry so late in getting back. The 5 points is for the 4 goujons with the breadcrumbs. I weighed them until I was as near to 100g as I could get (and it's only 7g out so that's negligible) and then used the nutritional info on the back of the pack & my points calculator to work out the points. Enjoy them.

rubadub wrote: »
    :D fair enough!

Yes, hope I did not appear dismissive or patronising.

It is very worthwhile being able to calculate and estimate points yourself, a scales is essential for this but also a basic knowledge of many foods. I have spotted mistakes on nutritional info on packets in the past. Many will blindly just accept point values or nutritional info, and this is the wrong way to go IMO. You should actively question and try and understand why something is so high or low in points if you are confused.

Again watch out for the tiny portions often quoted, common sense should tell people that there is far more points/calories in something if it appears lowly estimated.

You can just search for similar items online, here is a swiss roll works out 2.5pts per slice
    http://www.thedailyplate.com/nutrition-calories/food/sainsburys/chocolate-swiss-roll

that is 1/12th of a cake though. I seriously used to eat an entire swiss roll like a chocolate bar on the way home from the pub! and these were the triple chocolate cadbury ones...:pac:

Ah i know you were not been patronising. I completely understand were your coming from. I wish I had any time to think about the nutrition and points the way you talk about it.

But ive placement at the mo and Ive a crazy 2 year old son so anythin thats convenient is sooo helpful!! to check a book for a points value is just handier!!

Im mostly confused with ice cream and cakes der so hard to point, obviously for a reason :) to keep u away from them :):):) even the ones dat dont do too much damage.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Have you tried Weight Watchers mini chocolate swiss rolls?

My mum's been doing WW and has started buying these and they are surprisingly divine!They're small but they are so extremely chocolatey that you wouldn't really want more than one. I think they're €1.20 for 6 and 2 points each.

• Advertisement

chilly wrote: »
    Have you tried Weight Watchers mini chocolate swiss rolls?

My mum's been doing WW and has started buying these and they are surprisingly divine!They're small but they are so extremely chocolatey that you wouldn't really want more than one. I think they're €1.20 for 6 and 2 points each.
    Thanks very much chilly! Il look into them. be so handy :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

Does anyone know how many point are in a slice of apple tart. In the old ww book I thought it said there was 3.5 but its not in the new books? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ChamapagneCurl

Hi ya !! I'm just starting my second week (-5lb Wooo Who :D) of Weight Watchers and im sure my husband is going to crack up :mad: with me counting points writhing everything etc. n the poor divil is just dying for KFC or the likes . I have been looking at some websites for the points values and came across some good ones but i was wondering is there away of telling there american / european ?! or can anybody recommend any please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭lots2lose

Hi Guys

Does anyone know how many points are in a slice of batch bread?

Thanks!

lots2lose wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Thanks!

HI there lots2lose
    our leader told us batch slice is 2 - 2.5 points depending on the thickness. if its a standard slice its 2 pts if its a thick heel slice its 2.5. I hope thats helpful. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ChamapagneCurl

lots2lose wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Thanks!

As a general rule of thumb i go with 1oz of bread = a Point
    batch bread has to be my weakness esp. when its hot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Hi ya !! I'm just starting my second week (-5lb Wooo Who :D) of Weight Watchers and im sure my husband is going to crack up :mad: with me counting points writhing everything etc. n the poor divil is just dying for KFC or the likes . I have been looking at some websites for the points values and came across some good ones but i was wondering is there away of telling there american / european ?! or can anybody recommend any please

Hey, I don't know if this will help you out but Americans use Fibre as well as Calories and Sat Fat when calculating their points. Keep an eye out for any references to fibre and you'll know it's American. Also, if it's recipes you're looking at, the Americans will be using the imperial system (ounces) and the UK ones will mainly use the metric system (grams).

What points values are you looking for that you can't find in your book? You should have a search through this thread if you can't find something. Also, this website is really good http://www.freewebs.com/noreenblackett/ Someone else posted the link up the other day and I've been having a read. You'll see down the left hand menu that she has pointed a huge amount of foodstuffs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

KFC nutritional info is all online here

http://www.kfc.co.uk/nutrition/nutritional-information/

It's for the UK but I'd say it's the same as the KFCs here

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rebelchick2

Hi all,

Quick question,

How many points would be in a breaded chicken breast? I'm going to get it in my canteen so dont know what brand it is or anything. It will be cooked in the oven though?

Would 6 points be about right?

I really want it and I will adjust my points for the day accordingly!

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Hi all,

Quick question,

How many points would be in a breaded chicken breast? I'm going to get it in my canteen so dont know what brand it is or anything. It will be cooked in the oven though?

Would 6 points be about right?

I really want it and I will adjust my points for the day accordingly!

Thanks

I recently pointed a Tesco Market Value Southern Fried Chicken Breast at 4 points, but it was one of the lowest available in the breaded range. For a canteen you should be fine with 6....

c

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement