Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Croagh Patrick walk time

Options
  • 14-09-2019 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

Hi
    How are you? I am thinking about walking up croagh Patrick, how long does it take to walk. On average. What do most people do it at?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Depends on how fast you walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

raher1 wrote: »
    Hi
    How are you? I am thinking about walking up croagh Patrick, how long does it take to walk.

Under 3 hours without breaks is more than sufficient

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Davexirl

First time to climb it today and it was lashing, got absolutely drenched. Took 3 hours & 30 mins up and back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Up an down in 2 hours 20 minutes but i was fairly motoring but saying that I'd say I could better that time because it was Reek Sunday and very busy with people.

Last time I did it in 1hr 50 up and down. No running whatsoever.

But I allowed 3 hours in my estimate for someone who may be slower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Rodin wrote: »

That's good going I ran a good bit on the decent.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    That's good going I ran a good bit on the decent.

I stopped most times once HR hit 180. Tried not to exceed lactate threshold.

Still want to get from carpark to chapel under the hour. 1hr 08 at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Weltsmertz

I stopped most times once HR hit 180. Tried not to exceed lactate threshold.

Still want to get from carpark to chapel under the hour. 1hr 08 at the minute.

Lactate threshold? So you took 40 mins to come down and no running.
    That's not credible. I took about 2 and a half hours up and down (excluding the hour I spent at the top) and I ran a bit on the way down.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Had a friend bragging on a night out drinking in Westport a good few years ago that he could run from the carpark to the peak & back down in under an hour. Set to earn €150 from the bet if he could do it, the watch timed his return to the carpark at 1 hour 4 minutes (& some seconds probably). Close but no cigar!

Weltsmertz wrote: »
    Lactate threshold? So you took 40 mins to come down and no running.
    That's not credible. I took about 2 and a half hours up and down (excluding the hour I spent at the top) and I ran a bit on the way down.

42 mins.
    3.7km downhill in 42mins isn't credible? Nonsense. Can do 7km/hr on the flat walking.

• Advertisement

I regularly make it up and down in under 50 minutes. Not pushing too hard either.

(Have never been past the statue though).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭woody1

42 mins.
    3.7km downhill in 42mins isn't credible? Nonsense. Can do 7km/hr on the flat walking.

45 mins down , walking nice and easy,
    have climbed it tons of times,

Advertisement