Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 €119.99 @ Argos

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

No codes anywhere on the east coast. I keep checking.

Managed to get one up North, must have just got on when a reservation ran out. :P Great bit of kit it seems like so far. Comes with a fairly soft back cover so just need a screen protector and away you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sj20111

In an effort to get one, a few mornings ago I went mad clicking and got 4 different Dublin reservation codes for this at 4 different Argos, supposedly for pickup from Tuesday.

Just got a text saying one will be available early, at Stephens Green today. So I will have 3 extra codes--Nutgrove, ILAC, Jervis Str.

PM me if anyone wants a code and say for which location. (But even though I have the codes, didn't yet get texts saying they're in stock and ready for pickup yet at the other 3 locations--supposedly available Tuesday).

sj20111 wrote: »
    In an effort to get one, a few mornings ago I went mad clicking and got 4 different Dublin reservation codes for this at 4 different Argos, supposedly for pickup from Tuesday.

Just got a text saying one will be available early, at Stephens Green today. So I will have 3 extra codes--Nutgrove, ILAC, Jervis Str.

PM me if anyone wants a code and say for which location. (But even though I have the codes, didn't yet get texts saying they're in stock and ready for pickup yet at the other 3 locations--supposedly available Tuesday).

Nutgrove requested.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭bunderoon

What do ye think the story is here?
    An advertised price mess up or stock issue? If it were price, you'd think that this would have been fixed last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

bunderoon wrote: »
    An advertised price mess up or stock issue? If it were price, you'd think that this would have been fixed last week.

I'd guess stock issue. It is a genuine bargain, but there's an updated model available for under €200 (not much better imo) so the price isn't a total giveaway. Got mine yesterday. I'm moving from iOS and it's my first Android so it's going to take me time to figure everything out but so far so good. It's fast and battery life is great. Only gripe I have is lack of NFC so Google Pay doesn't work but I can live without it. Oh, and the SIM tray is a bit puzzling. Had to go to YouTube to see how exactly two nano SIMs fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Sold out for the next 30 days over here in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭bunderoon

jakdublin wrote: »
    I'd guess stock issue. It is a genuine bargain, but there's an updated model available for under €200 (not much better imo) so the price isn't a total giveaway. Got mine yesterday. I'm moving from iOS and it's my first Android so it's going to take me time to figure everything out but so far so good. It's fast and battery life is great. Only gripe I have is lack of NFC so Google Pay doesn't work but I can live without it. Oh, and the SIM tray is a bit puzzling. Had to go to YouTube to see how exactly two nano SIMs fit.

Ah screw it. I think I will go for this:
    https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_7-review-1883p6.php

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Out of stock and people who had reserved them not collecting them so a few will come back into stock. It's what normally happens in Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 musicmammy

PM sent Thanks sj20111.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

I have a code for one of these in Argos Blanchardstown to collect by 17/06. Drop me a PM if interested. Please be sure to use if you come looking for code.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

chris85 wrote: »
    I have a code for one of these in Argos Blanchardstown to collect by 17/06. Drop me a PM if interested. Please be sure to use if you come looking for code.

Just messaged you there.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Someone collected my reservation for Liffeyvalley- and the manager has offered me an Xiaomi S2 instead by way of apology- for the same price. Should I take it? Grateful for any information- I'm out and about- have to say 'yay' or 'nay' in the next few minutes. Thanks guys.

Someone collected my reservation for Liffeyvalley- and the manager has offered me an Xiaomi S2 instead by way of apology- for the same price. Should I take it? Grateful for any information- I'm out and about- have to say 'yay' or 'nay' in the next few minutes. Thanks guys.

Take it. better...ish.
    You won't be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Dunno..........Memory is 3/32, battery 3000 instead of 4000, its a bit lighter and its priced higher than a Note 5

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Thanks guys- took it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,788 ✭✭✭✭cormie

If you still have any of these left, I'd appreciate one please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Mike3549

According to argos website, its available to reserve and collect immediately in tallaght, swords, blanch, ilac. Collect from 18-20 june in jervis, omni, stephen green.
    Checked Dublin stores only

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭mossy464

I have one reserved to collect between today and Wednesday. Are they supposed to text you when it's in stock or should I chance going to collect it without getting a text? I reserved it Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

I bought the redmi 7, excellent phone. you won't be disappointed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

Code going for a Redmi 6 in the Ilac Center must be collected by closing time tomorrow.

If anyone can't get skins to work just change your region to USA then you can access them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭mossy464

mossy464 wrote: »
    I have one reserved to collect between today and Wednesday. Are they supposed to text you when it's in stock or should I chance going to collect it without getting a text? I reserved it Friday.

Got through to the store and they told me there's a problem with the reservation and they don't actually have it.

:mad::mad:

If anyone has a code for Cork or Dublin would love to take it off your hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

mossy464 wrote: »

I got a text when the store had mine... Went in a got it same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭jayjbe

I have a reservation in Waterford. Valid up to tomorrow. PM me for number.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

SPAWKER wrote: »
    Code going for a Redmi 6 in the Ilac Center must be collected by closing time tomorrow.

Ill take it if you still have it, pm'd you there. Phone was just stolen today so would really love this!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

I have an unused code for the Redmi 6 in Argos Galway in anyone wants it - PM me. It's good until end of tomorrow.

Edit: gone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Collected a Redmi Note 5 today, very happy with it, Cheers OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

I must say, coming from pure android I do find the MUtated UI very confusing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭cletus

Dave..M wrote: »
    I must say, coming from pure android I do find the MUtated UI very confusing

You can download an app called nova, it lets you set the appearance and interface to look like android

Advertisement