Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon 4K Fire Stick back down to £34.99

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭deco72

TheDriver wrote: »
    I've not had issues with it this week, works fine with itv hub and BBC player

How did you get the iplayer and ITVhub onto firestick? I have NordVPN loaded but couldnt find the apps to get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

OmegaGene wrote:
    Did you buy it direct from getflix ?

Yea it was on sale. It talks about proxy errors on the website but my router doesn't give me those options to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭wally79

deco72 wrote: »
    How did you get the iplayer and ITVhub onto firestick? I have NordVPN loaded but couldnt find the apps to get them.

I think you need to download the apk and sideload them

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,127 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Clear your account off the stick, change your default/1-click address and payment method on amazon.co.uk to be a UK address, then log back into the stick and you shouldn't need to sideload iplayer or itv player.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I didn’t have to sideload anything, the stick was sent to Northern Ireland so U.K. apps are part and parcel of that

Yeah mine was too but not included. Think mickeroo might be correct

• Advertisement

The bbc iplayer and itv player aren’t included you download them the same as any other app

Yeah sorry I mean they aren’t available in the Amazon app store

I didn’t have to sideload anything, the stick was sent to Northern Ireland so U.K. apps are part and parcel of that

I have my address set to NI on amazon and I can now see the apps when searching (which is a step in the right direction) but it says unavailable for some reason instead of just download like other apps.

Any ideas?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,127 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I have my address set to NI on amazon and I can now see the apps when searching (which is a step in the right direction) but it says unavailable for some reason instead of just download like other apps.

Any ideas?

If you've already done the steps I posted above you probably need to get on to amazon to change your region.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    If you've already done the steps I posted above you probably need to get on to amazon to change your region.

Cheers finally got it, when I just deregistered my account and logged back in it messed up the firestick altogether couldn’t open anything but once I reset factory settings and logged in all good was able to download apps. Thanks

has anyone been having issues with BBC iplayer? just keep getting an error 02001 which seems to be related to Samsung TVs from 2017.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭bromley52

has anyone been having issues with BBC iplayer? just keep getting an error 02001 which seems to be related to Samsung TVs from 2017.

As this is a discussion on the fire stick I presume you are using one, so surely it doesn't matter if the TV us from 2002 or 2019 as you are using a HDMI port.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Quick question on Prime Video (I'm still on the trial).
    The Fire stick keeps giving the 5505 error, which I gather is a location settings issue.
    Yet I can view Prime Video in a browser from the same IP.

Location settings on my Amazon account had been set to US, migrated to UK and confirmed that's what's showing on now on www.amazon.co.uk/mycd

Is there something else I need to do on the Fire stick? Or do I maybe need to deassociate the account and add it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Has anyone got RTE player working on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭bladespin

Re - cloaking location, I've used Hola on my phone and that works fine for the apps on it, anyone used Hola for iPlayer on the Firestick ect?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭settopbox

For those who ordered on amazon and had it delivered on parcel motel,
    have tried multiple times using my PM address yet always seem to have issues with it not being accepted.

Eventually gave up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

It’s always on a reduced rate direct from getflix but it should work if you bought it direct from the site and not one of the sites that sell a lifetime deal like pigsback etc, Kids have American amazon going here and American netflix was on earlier

I know how you can get UK amazon but how'd you get the american version?
    Surely a vpn doesn't make a difference unless you bought it from the states?

To update on vpn unlimited, it connects automatically now without me doing anything. US Netflix working perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭bromley52

TheDriver wrote: »
    Has anyone got RTE player working on this?

I installed it but couldn't really use it. I could see the program selection but couldn't select anything. Iv since deleted it. Pity as it would be handy to have all apps on one device.
    I now only use RTE player via chromecast so I can skip the ads.

bromley52 wrote: »
    As this is a discussion on the fire stick I presume you are using one, so surely it doesn't matter if the TV us from 2002 or 2019 as you are using a HDMI port.

Yeah Im not sure why I cant get it to work, I just read somewhere about the TV. I didnt think this was it either but trying everything her to sort it, reinstall/clear data/clear cache etc but nothing worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Yeah Im not sure why I cant get it to work, I just read somewhere about the TV. I didnt think this was it either but trying everything her to sort it, reinstall/clear data/clear cache etc but nothing worked.

Try to get a different IP address from your vpn.
    Reconnect & try again

• Advertisement

bromley52 wrote: »
    I installed it but couldn't really use it. I could see the program selection but couldn't select anything. Iv since deleted it. Pity as it would be handy to have all apps on one device.
    I now only use RTE player via chromecast so I can skip the ads.

I managed to install it using downloader and apkpure but couldn't even get it to start. Pity.
    On another note, the picture quality is far superior than firestick 1st gen and that's a 1080p tv

rte app is total garbage on the firestick and the nvidia shield, the only thing it seems to play well are the adverts

You're a better person than me, I couldn't get the adverts to even work. I thought I was having a blonde moment but I tried everything

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭the deftone

Why is everyone talking about VPNs? Is it just for the BBC IPlayer?

Why is everyone talking about VPNs? Is it just for the BBC IPlayer?

You can only use the UK players if you are in UK or your firestick thinks it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭jeffk

I got rte player going ok

Get the apk from apkmirror.com etc on your phone
    Use apps2fire to install or just send apk and then install
    Open it and use the search option
    Use a app called mouse toggle where you press play /pause twice to use remote like mouse and select shows etc

Make sure vpn etc off or will give you next to no shows as outside Ireland

The fire tv app is great

You can paste stuff copied from phone like passwords etc

Or just use the phone at keyboard, great when you have autocorrect remember your email and speeds that up no end

I got the otg cable from the off but had some issues.
    Older house and weirdly the hdmi goes off and on with light switches at times, this then drive firestick mad and hard drive disconnected mid watch

I figured out you can link onedrive to kodi and watch stuff from it, think you can do it with other cloud providers, just make sure advanced settings are setup so no buffering

If your upload speed is crap, look for x265, usually 1/4 of the size for same quality

I've loads more tips etc if people want I'll keep posting if not then I'll stop and not waste my time and clog the thread

So far being using a usb cable I have there to power the stick off the TV, the one in the box is like a skipping rope

Only issue so far is it pops up a warning when updating, but works ok

The benefit is that your stick goes off/on with the TV. not TV off and stick eventually

If you do use the plug, hold down the home button and you can put it to sleep straight away

• Advertisement

Make sure to setup your TV/Soundbar (if you have one), that way the power button turns on TV/stick and then the soundbar and soundbar level can be set from the remote

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement