Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

L31mr0d wrote: »

Another was an English film about this eccentric 20 to 30 year old inventor. His house reminded of Doc Browns house in Back to the Future. He gets involved with some thieves and plans to rob a bank or insurance company. He uses robotic bins with cameras in them to check where the security guards are in the building. Then when they are escaping and the police are chasing them, the car they are in splits in two, down the middle, and they are able to split up and take each half of the car down separate alleys that are too narrow for the police. Again, probably early to mid 90's.

That's Malcolm.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091464/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

mudokon wrote: »
    I heard that there was a film similar to the King of Kong but based around Pacman, does anyone know the name of it?

Thanks

Managed to find it myself :)

It is called Chasing Ghosts: Beyond the Arcade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭poms

Can anyone help with this?

I watched half a film years ago, I'd say this film was made in early-mid 90's.

It starts with a married couple who move into this new street and they become friendly with another married couple. The 2 men are talking and one says to the other that his wife is very sexy. So the other guy suggests that they wife swap for one night. The plan was that when each others wives fell asleep they would sneak out, leave the door unlocked and sneak to each others houses and sleep with each others wives (obviously leave the lights off as so the wives wont notice its not their husbands..silly I know) and they arranged a time to leave each others houses and sneak back in, and so they did.

But....the new neighbour guy is woken by the police banging on his door accusing him of murdering the other guy's wife. What happened was the other guy never slept with new neighbours wife and waited until he had to return to his own house and he beat his own wife with a baseball bat and accused the new neighbour of killing his wife.

I know I know its very vague but all this time is killing me.

Great thread tho :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,757 ✭✭✭✭Basq

poms wrote: »
    It starts with a married couple who move into this new street and they become friendly with another married couple. The 2 men are talking and one says to the other that his wife is very sexy. So the other guy suggests that they wife swap for one night. The plan was that when each others wives fell asleep they would sneak out, leave the door unlocked and sneak to each others houses and sleep with each others wives (obviously leave the lights off as so the wives wont notice its not their husbands..silly I know) and they arranged a time to leave each others houses and sneak back in, and so they did.

But....the new neighbour guy is woken by the police banging on his door accusing him of murdering the other guy's wife. What happened was the other guy never slept with new neighbours wife and waited until he had to return to his own house and he beat his own wife with a baseball bat and accused the new neighbour of killing his wife.
    Consenting Adults?

basquille wrote: »

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!:D For years I've tried to think of it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Wow, you guys are good. I have two movies in mind but can't remember the names.

The first is possibly a children's movie. It's about a kid who goes into a library, and (somehow) the painting on the ceiling flows down and he's transported into a world where the books are real. He makes friends with three 'books', and I think they meet Dr Jekkyl / Mr Hyde. I think at one point one of the 'books' gets captured and tied to the ground, sad part of the film. At the end he's back in the real world, rented the three books he befriended, and they come back to life when he's asleep.

The other is a horror/thriller about an old hotel. I don't remember much about it, but it had something to do with an elevator getting to the top floor on Hallowe'en night, and maybe lightning striking it to fix something that happened years ago at a party that shouldn't have happened? The name of the film makes some reference to hotels as well.

Thanks in advance for the help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Hmm, haven't actually seen it, but is the first The Pagemaster? No clue on the second.

DaPoolRulz wrote: »
    Wow, you guys are good. I have two movies in mind but can't remember the names.

The first is possibly a children's movie. It's about a kid who goes into a library, and (somehow) the painting on the ceiling flows down and he's transported into a world where the books are real. He makes friends with three 'books', and I think they meet Dr Jekkyl / Mr Hyde. I think at one point one of the 'books' gets captured and tied to the ground, sad part of the film. At the end he's back in the real world, rented the three books he befriended, and they come back to life when he's asleep.

Yeah this is defo The Pagemaster

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Cheers... the movie always stands out in my mind as there is a really chilling scene where it is explained why Malcolm became so introverted, I remember as a kid being horrified at it
    I think I remember it being something like he witnessed his father being beaten to death right in front of him

Now for the second one :D Been pouring through Hensons list of movies and can't find it. I would of thought Galvasean would of known it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Hmm, haven't actually seen it, but is the first The Pagemaster? No clue on the second.
    Spot on, that's it, I knew as soon as I saw the name.

And the other film I was looking for, I just found it, it was Tower of Terror :)

• Advertisement

L31mr0d wrote: »
    The first I think is a Jim Henson production, may have won a Jim Henson award or something (although I can't see it listed in any of his work). It's about this kid who makes models of dinosaurs, and figures out a way of using magnets under a table to simulate them walking. Anyway it ends with him building this huge model dinosaur that comes to life or something. May have been early to mid 90's. The large dinosaur he builds has glowing red eyes I think

Found it, wasn't a movie but an episode from the show "The Jim Henson Hour" called "Monster Maker"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I thought Al Pacino was the main character but I can't find it with him in it.

Anyway, this movie is about a Newspaper editor/owner who after getting some bad criticism about the content of his paper goes to confront them only to find out it's a woman. The woman is running night classes for journalism and he signs up but uses a different name etc. He tries to use the course to show her that journalism isn't all black and white.

Anyone remember this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Hyzepher wrote: »
    I thought Al Pacino was the main character but I can't find it with him in it.

Anyway, this movie is about a Newspaper editor/owner who after getting some bad criticism about the content of his paper goes to confront them only to find out it's a woman. The woman is running night classes for journalism and he signs up but uses a different name etc. He tries to use the course to show her that journalism isn't all black and white.

Anyone remember this?

Teacher's Pet?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ki

Use www.imdb.com to find out.

ki wrote: »
    Use www.imdb.com to find out.

That won't help if he thinks Al Pacino is in it :)

If Al Pacino so much as 'thought' about been in a movie I'd know about it :D

No, it's Teacher's Pet starring Clark Cable.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

That's the one - Gable eh? Would never have remembered that.

Hyzepher wrote: »
    That's the one - Gable eh? Would never have remembered that.

I watched too many movies when young :)

Now you know why I started the Clasic Movies @ The Cinema Thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Need help with one, This has been annoying me for years.

I remember as a child staying up late one Saturday night and a boxing movie came on. It was based in the southern states of America and focused on an African American ex prisoner who is been giving a chance by some promoter who has his own gambling problems.

Or something along those lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

This is a long shot but trying to remember the name of a film i saw 20 years ago, maybe more.

The only part of it i can remember is that 2 young children, i think brothers, get stranded on their own high up a mountain in the snow.

The youngest brother is about 5 and is so cold that his older brother (who was about 12) takes his tops off, puts them on his brother and then lies over him to keep him warm. They fall asleep and i think the older brother dies. It was heart breaking stuff at the time and i'd like to watch it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭TheBastard

Basicly i have a film in my head but for the life of me i cant remember what the title of this film is, i also cannot remember the main actor (sad i know) but there is a Main Scene at the end of this film where the main actor is sitting in a bar with a guy who's gonna give up information on some cops, when there is an attempted Robbery on the bar they are in, but it then transpires its not a real robbery when the Thief turns to the guy whos gonna give information on the cops and starts shouting at him, making him out that he's looking to be killed, even though the guy isnt saying anything- the main actor then starts shouting the name of the cop whos behind the mask- sorry if this is sketchy but its all i can think of, anyone that has an opinion i would be greatful.;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,029 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

'tis Gone Baby Gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭I_am_Jebus

now that that one is answered, hope you don't mind if I jump in with one of my own that has been on my mind for the last couple of years (details very sketchy):

I think it is set in the UK. A guy is framed (or just wrongly convicted) for something he (obviously) didn't do.

When released he gets real paranoid etc.. and so films every second of his life so that if he ever gets accused of anything in the future he will have evidence that he did nothing wrong. (i think he lives in a sewer or basement or something).

In the end he gets acussed of something (murder I think) and it turns out a cop was involved and has stolen or deleted the guy's film footage from around the time the crime took place.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭KevArno

Does this star Lee Evans?? Freeze Frame?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭AcePuppetMaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭I_am_Jebus

ah lads, that's the one indeed. Been wrecking my head for years,

Thanks a million for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭AcePuppetMaster

I_am_Jebus wrote: »
    ah lads, that's the one indeed. Been wrecking my head for years,

Thanks a million for that

You're welcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭owlwink

Hey guys just trying to find out what the name of the film is where Arnie shakes a man to death? This one has been bugging me for a while.

Cheers,

Owlwink.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Twins?

owlwink wrote: »
    Hey guys just trying to find out what the name of the film is where Arnie shakes a man to death? This one has been bugging me for a while.

You talking about this scene... classic Arnie :pac:

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1752676

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭owlwink

Bin trying to find the clip ever since I saw it on some random youtube video of funniest death scenes. Serious lul-fest. Still having trouble locating it.

Advertisement