Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bord Na Mona Peat Briquettes

Options
  • 15-01-2021 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

I’m probably after missing the boat on this one, but I hope to stock up on peat briquettes before they disappear entirely.

I’ve seen a few online retailers selling 1 tonne for €339.
    Anyone know of anything better?

I’m in Cork and can transport it myself in bulk to save on costs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭donaghs

Any thoughts on the cheapest BNM briquettes in Dublin? Can still get them it seems. Most places charging over €7.

Price of briquettes more than doubles as inflation hits energy (businessplus.ie)

I saw them in Aldi recently for €6.35. and Lidl this week for €5.99

• Registered Users Posts: 6,052 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

I see in some of the bogs in Offaly Bord Na Mona workers ( those that are still left) are transporting all the remaining piles of milled peat to the briquette factory in Derrinlough. It must be costing huge amounts of money in diesel and wages to do so, as they are working 7 days a week and travelling very long distances across the bogs. It's no wonder briquette prices are so high when you have this going on + carbon tax etc.

Post edited by TheRiverman on

Advertisement