Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

YouTube Premium thread SEE OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Argentina is cheaper than India?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Argentina is cheaper than India?

India is 1.45 a month, Arg is 1.15 approx. Individual membership price.
    Family is 2.10 Vs 1.75 approx.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

TheDriver wrote: »
    Excellent. Most VPN don't do Argentina, anyone have a good free VPN for Argentina?
    Edit tunnelbear.
    So how does one change? Cancel with a day to go and then resign up?

How is tunnellbear free?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

India is 1.45 a month, Arg is 1.15 approx. Individual membership price.
    Family is 2.10 Vs 1.75 approx.

Do you need to use revoult or can an Irish visa do

You get 500Mb a month so it's only good for signing up to something. No good for using it unless u pay.

• Advertisement

Do you need to use revoult or can an Irish visa do

Revolut works but I'd say they don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Just used Indian YouTube to get premium works out at like 1.46 a month and got my first month free (again haha).

Used my Irish debit card, no issue and now the Irish YouTube is showing up as premium, happy days!

Edit: Cancelled the Indian one and went for the Argentinian one instead, managed to get the family plan for 1.70 a month. Even better.

Funnily enough Argentinian YouTube wouldn't accept my Irish debit card so had to use my revolut which worked like a charm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,912 ✭✭✭dodzy

Off topic I know. We’ve done it with Netflix, now YT premium. I wonder is it possible to switch Spotify family premium to, let’s say, India?

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

So I cancelled my India sub whicg will be active until expiry date. Turned on tunnelbear Arg and went back to YouTube. 2 choices a) renew India from the expiry date or b) buy Argentina from expiry date. Signed up for 119 pesos from my expiry date.
    Used an address I found on Google. Revolut froze card so I unfroze and off we went.
    A bargain becomes a better bargain.
    BASICALLY CANCEL, TURN ON ARG VPN AND REBUY. YOU WONT LOOSE ANY SUBSCRIPTION TIME.
    Do you lose any playlists though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I couldn’t be arsed with switching from India to Argentina for the sake of 30 cents.

• Advertisement

Do you lose any playlists though

Doesn't seem to loose anything.

Does it have to be done on desktop? Can't get it working for me at all.

Does it have to be done on desktop? Can't get it working for me at all.

Did it on my phone. Had to go through website, not app

I couldn’t be arsed with switching from India to Argentina for the sake of 30 cents.

It's not about the 30c

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭goob20s

nephster wrote: »
    I use Vanced on Android, but find the less than €2 a month for YouTube Family (via Argentina, for me - was cheapest at the time; cost €1.74 this month) worthwhile as it includes YouTube Music, so I can play pretty much anything without audio ads. Great to get it to play the song you want when you ask it, rather than a "radio station" vaguely like it.

This wasn't necessary until Google killed Google Play Music, as it would play my own uploaded tunes, but they did, so needs must. And nice to be able to get the Google Home to play anything I want to hear on a whim.
    Doesn't YouTube music within vanced manager have no ads too?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭goob20s

DM1983 wrote: »
    Such a good tip. Thanks a million. What else am I missing out on? Have Netflix through Turkey. Spotify solution?
    Spotify balatan mod no ads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Is there any way to prepay in Indian mode? Can I buy a years worth in one go for instance? Or do I just let it pay out of my revolut every month?

Is there any way to prepay in Indian mode? Can I buy a years worth in one go for instance? Or do I just let it pay out of my revolut every month?

The latter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭Panrich

Does the family subscription allow members to retain their history/subscriptions etc from their personal accounts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

Panrich wrote: »
    Does the family subscription allow members to retain their history/subscriptions etc from their personal accounts?

I just cancelled my individual account, and signed up for a family account (from Argentina) and all my history and subscriptions etc. Are still there.

On another note, when I cancelled my account I still had the benefits until Jan 27th, so like 1/3 of the monthly payment left... And signing up again got the rest of the month prorated... It is only an additional €0.19 for the month.......... But still🀣🀣🀣🀣

• Advertisement

From what I see, you're not cancelling an account so all history and activity is retained. It's the subscription on the account that changes. I did loose my stats of premium benefits tho.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

So all you guys using this already use a VPN, otherwise you need to factor that price in too?

So all you guys using this already use a VPN, otherwise you need to factor that price in too?
    You only need a VPN for sign-up. Tunnelbear worked fine for me And it's free version gives plenty of data for a sign-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

Yep, I have NordVPN already, they do have a 30-day cancellation period and get your money back if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭monkeycork

Love these treads. A bit off topic but still Google related. How are people working around Google photos with the end to unlimited photo uploads.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I just used the free version of hola, it's very good in fairness I can watch BBC iPlayer and the ITV player again which is an added bonus. I was using unlocator but the players stopped working, actually that reminds me I'll have to check when it up for renewal and make sure it doesn't auto renew.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I see Netflix premium is 41.99 in Turkish lira. I wonder if you cancel your sub can you re-sign up when over in Turkey. Works out at €4.72 a month.

Jofspring wrote: »
    I see Netflix premium is 41.99 in Turkish lira. I wonder if you cancel your sub can you re-sign up when over in Turkey. Works out at €4.72 a month.
    See the Netflix thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Amazing

Thanks OP.

5 mins

All settings preserved

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

Does YouTube premium give access to YouTube music?

Advertisement