Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ASGalway

Yes just got that update. I didn't think the e-tray results would take that long unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Strawberry66

The results for the last e-tray I did in the 2019 competition took 3 months. Won't be holding my breath this time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

It doesn't give us much time to get placed if we are successful.

I wonder if the end date of this competition has been extended too - does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Mr lebowski

When is it due to end? Did I read on here July?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 moonunit90

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭furrybones

I had my interview this week and was told I would get my results within 10 working days.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Jambori

Any other curve ball interview questions? 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 12 moonunit90

I think the main thing is to expect to be interrupted and give a different example. That can really throw you. Another question I got was “what if you were given a message to pass on to your team that you disagreed with” aka would you sugarcoat it etc

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Kass20

For anyone that was called to the E-tray in Dublin recently could I ask what your original OOM was before doing the E-Tray?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dubjane

When I was asked about whether my integrity was questioned I replied no, it was never questioned although if I was implementing a change in procedures I made sure my staff knew the reasons for change and ask them for feedback. They want to hear that you have good communication with your staff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭castle_lover

I interviewed last week and was told at the end of the interview, my results will be about 4 weeks. I hope it’s the 10 days mark, the waiting is the worst.

To those asking about number reached before e-tray, I have a friend just completed e-tray this week at OOM approx 2800.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭acawarrior

Hi all when will results be if interviewed today?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 raelia

Just got my email to say I was successful and I'm on the panel

• Registered Users Posts: 8 BallyA

Same here, I’m delighted! I’m surprised how big of jump the oom number was after the interview

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Aimhigh22

Same here, just found out today. Interview was the 23rd Feb!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Aimhigh22

I was sure I didn't do well in the interview and they said it would be 4 weeks u til I got word but 8 days later I got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Beel

Did my interview recently and still waiting to hear back. If I'm successful, I'm wondering if anyone knows if there are supports while I'm still breastfeeding. I'm also getting married in June so will it be too soon to book time off? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭acawarrior

• Registered Users Posts: 5 odracir

Well done.

Same here, I got my Open Stream number on that message.

Would I be right to assume that that number is my place on the queue for an appointment?

P.S.: I had my interview last Friday (25th).

Best of luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭2021_AP

You can apply for a reduction of your daily working hours by 1 hour until your child is 2 years old. This hour can be taken either at start or end of day or as numerous pump breaks throughout the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Peter O Reardon

Hi guys,

Got my interview results for EO 2020 in Dublin today. Placed 106. If that was Cork or another city I'd kiss it goodbye, but what do ye reckon for Dublin? Competition is open until June I believe. Good chance of getting called?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sixofone

The rate of placement varies a lot. It can be as high as 40-50 a month or a good bit lower than that, depending on demand. I'd say your chances of being called are pretty decent. Also bear in mind that not every offer will be accepted and as they just move on to the next person on the list it can move quite quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Has there been any movement on kerry?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Peter O Reardon

Thanks for getting back to me man. I appreciate that a lot. Put my mind at ease somewhat there so you have. The waiting is the worst part! All the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 rose1010101

I would also say the fact that they’ve just ran another E-Tray is quite promising as well, hopefully the positions are there :) i’m in the early 100s on the open OOM too

Can anyone that's taken a position in Dept of Housing tell me what it's like? Am considering it currently

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭furrybones

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

Congratulations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭CiboC

I was unsure how I did at the interview, got my results today - through and on the panel for Dublin, OOM in the high 70's.....

Pretty pleased with that!

Advertisement