Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2020 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BobCat123

The online interviews were used for the recent PO too weren't they? Does anyone know anyone who had experience of them? Must check through the PO thread.

I know someone who had experience of them,questions provided a few days beforehand,3 minutes per answer. Someone from Pas was watching them as they did it live to ensure no technical errors etc

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

BobCat123 wrote: »
    . Someone from Pas was watching them as they did it live to ensure no technical errors etc

I think that was the online tests? the first stage, they now use remote monitoring to make sure you are not cheating. all a bit bizarre

having to show nothing in the room, or even in your ear:pac:

the video questions you just record yourself and upload I think

• Registered Users Posts: 49 batista

Is this new competition panel only going to commence from Jan 2021 when the old panel is finished or could it be sooner? Doing some research from the last comp thread to predict future possible dates (very difficult to draw definite conclusions on, but would make an interesting study!!) as I spend a lot of time working abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

I don’t think I have the technology to partake in this competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭dee75

Forthebuzz wrote: »
    Definitely much shorter than 2018 one!

Did you not get a placement off the last panel after scoring so well Dee??

Long story - got offer but turned it down due to changes in my current role. Still on panel for 2nd county but there have been zero vacancies there since this panel commenced.

It's such a long drawn out process that a lot can change personally or professionally between applying and getting an offer, and you may be in a bit of a predicament as to what is best to do!

Anyway, here we go again... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Brera wrote: »

I'm sorry but I can't see the booklet on that screen either!

That link has some text and an 'apply now' button that brings you the screen that allows you download the application form.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Brera

quad_red wrote: »

That link has some text and an 'apply now' button that brings you the screen that allows you download the application form.

Try this link to to government circular.

https://assets.gov.ie/71209/e17019c6fe85446f922d58a6f8c453d1.pdf

Brera wrote: »

Thanks, Brera. That’s the inter departmental. Is the process identical?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Brera

As far as I’m aware they are. It looks like publicjobs.ie have taken their information booklet down

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Cheeseplant

I've just checked the link I posted on the 1st post in this thread and it works. If you click the information booklet it will open in another window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Anonire

When you go to upload there is a second form and there is a box to tick open or interdepartmental. Same application form

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Booklet attached

I've just checked the link I posted on the 1st post in this thread and it works. If you click the information booklet it will open in another window.

They removed it temporarily to make some changes to it. As you linked above, it's back up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭td1

Is anybody else having an issue opening the form? I've tried various browsers and get the same error message on each, even though I have the latest version of Adobe?

Please wait...
    If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF viewer may not be able to display this type of document.
    You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader for Windows®, Mac, or Linux® by visiting http://www.adobe.com/go/reader_download.
    For more assistance with Adobe Reader visit http://www.adobe.com/go/acrreader.
    Windows is either a registered trademark or a trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Mac is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the United States and other countries. Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.

td1 wrote: »
    Is anybody else having an issue opening the form? I've tried various browsers and get the same error message on each, even though I have the latest version of Adobe?

Please wait...
    If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF viewer may not be able to display this type of document.
    You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader for Windows®, Mac, or Linux® by visiting http://www.adobe.com/go/reader_download.
    For more assistance with Adobe Reader visit http://www.adobe.com/go/acrreader.
    Windows is either a registered trademark or a trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Mac is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the United States and other countries. Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.

I got it downloaded via Internet Explorer. No other browser seemed to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Connected99

Apologises - uploaded in error

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Milenauno

Hi, do you know if can I apply to both open and interdepartmental or or I have to pick one?

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭BMHOPE

Milenauno wrote: »
    Hi, do you know if can I apply to both open and interdepartmental or or I have to pick one?

Thank you!

Both, if you have two years in civil service and meet the requirements of both competitions. Same form for downloaded pdf, you only upload it once but you tick both comps on online second part of form.

Deadline to apply has been extended to 16 April.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭whampiri

Even though the deadline has been extended, I highly recommend that you get the form in sooner rather than later. It's too easy to forget to put an application in or put the completion of the form in the long finger and then be scrambling to get it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Forthebuzz

whampiri wrote: »
    Even though the deadline has been extended, I highly recommend that you get the form in sooner rather than later. It's too easy to forget to put an application in or put the completion of the form in the long finger and then be scrambling to get it in.

Going to try get mine done early in the week while the kids are enjoying "mummy school"

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Rainbowstar

Here we go again is right!!!
    I was completely overwhelmed by the etray last time!
    Had no idea it was going to be so intense.
    I was also 8 months pregnant doing it so all in all - hated every bit of it.
    Hope I’m luckier this time.
    Best of luck everyone.
    This group was great last time!

With a COVID linked recession looming, does anyone think this competition could be put on the very long finger? I know we were due an internal competition too in the coming weeks, but I wonder will this now go ahead too. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭whampiri

With a COVID linked recession looming, does anyone think this competition could be put on the very long finger? I know we were due an internal competition too in the coming weeks, but I wonder will this now go ahead too. :confused:

Expect it to be put on the long finger. It's really not priority at the moment. At the end of the day though, they will needs panel and these can be formed fairly fast if there's an urgent need.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭Hoboo

whampiri wrote: »
    Expect it to be put on the long finger. It's really not priority at the moment. At the end of the day though, they will needs panel and these can be formed fairly fast if there's an urgent need.

Or just use the last one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

They might need more people now to manage all the action plans they will be setting up.

beauf wrote: »
    They might need more people now to manage all the action plans they will be setting up.

yes, I did hear from an AP in another Dept that they are finding it easier to create new units within divisions headed by an AP than create new divisions under a PO. And that there is an increase in the number of new units being created. I suppose I will just focus on the form and hope for the best. Plenty of hoops to jump through first.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 EricShaw

Hi guys, thank you for all the information. I wanted to ask, does anybody know what kinds of questions we will find on the online assessment? Is there a good way to prepare for it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Sgro

Hi all - is it feasible to enter this from the private sector? Are you all previous civil servants?

Advertisement