Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Administrative Officers 2019 in Revenue - Audit and Compliance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 julmar

Hi guys ,

Does anybody know when are we getting the results ?
    For the supervised tests ... Do you know if the supervised tests are the same like the online tests? I'am trying to buy some practice ones and I'm not sure what to get ..

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ollie321

julmar wrote: »
    Hi guys ,

For the supervised tests ... Do you know if the supervised tests are the same like the online tests? I'am trying to buy some practice ones and I'm not sure what to get ..

I'd say the results will be issued before next Friday, just my opinion I have no insider info! Supervised tests will be very similar to unsupervised

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Anonire

Hi guys ,

The supervised will be very similar to the unsupervised if other revenue campaigns are anything to go by.
    They don't usually take too long to issue to results, have been as early as one day after the deadline in the past.
    They will give a few days notice at least of attending for supervised tests so you'll have a chance to practice then if you are in the successful group.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 hireme101

In the 2018 EO Audit competition, it was 7 working days before the results came out

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭MiggyB

2018 Revenue AO tests closed on a tuesday. Invites to supervised test came out next day and they took place a week later. Will hear very soon I think!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

MiggyB wrote: »
    2018 Revenue AO tests closed on a tuesday. Invites to supervised test came out next day and they took place a week later. Will hear very soon I think!!

Not great for trying to get time off work are they outside work hours

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Zulu Art

Not great for trying to get time off work are they outside work hours

They may not occur at all. Supervised tests are a possibility not a certainty. If they occur they will be the same format as the original and would definitely be within the ordinary working day of Revenue staff. No matter how awkward a time slot may be I would be delighted to be called to the next stage.

Zulu Art wrote: »
    They may not occurr at all. Supervised tests are a possibility not a certainty. If they occur they will be the same format as the original and would definitely be within the ordinary working day of Revenue staff. No matter how awkward a time slot may be I would be delighted to be called to the next stage.

I would be so happy if it were just the one day out for the interview so much cheaper and less time off.
    But like you said no matter how awkward I'll be delighted to be called to the next stage.

Hi guys ,

Have you heard anything from Revenue?
    It seems to take a while... I read the posts from other similar competitions and it tends to move quickly after the online test..
    Are they normally ringing the candidates or they contact us by e-mail?

Hi guys ,

Have you heard anything from Revenue?
    It seems to take a while... I read the posts from other similar competitions and it tends to move quickly after the online test..
    Are they normally ringing the candidates or they contact us by e-mail?

Everyone usually gets an email around the same time.

• Advertisement

If they intend to commence roles in March 2020 they would have to move very quickly in order to allow notice to be given to current employers.

If they intend to commence roles in March 2020 they would have to move very quickly in order to allow notice to be given to current employers.

True but to be fair they may want people to start on 30 March. Assuming interview invites this week for anywhere between 10-24th Feb with reference checks done quickly, would allow a month's notice....assuming people arent required to do Garda Vetting...

True but to be fair they may want people to start on 30 March. Assuming interview invites this week for anywhere between 10-24th Feb with reference checks done quickly, would allow a month's notice....assuming people arent required to do Garda Vetting...

I would be very surprised if they didn't have supervised tests before giving invites to interview

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

I really cant see these roles being filled in March.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ciaran

splashuum wrote: »
    I really cant see these roles being filled in March.:pac:

Last year's competition had supervised tests in December and interviews in the last two weeks of January and they started people in March. It looks like this competition is a couple of months behind that schedule.

Some people would be required to give more than a month's notice and I don't think they will be skipping the garda vetting.

Maybe there aren't any vacancies to be filled in the march batch.

Hopefully we will hear soon.

Anonire wrote: »
    Some people would be required to give more than a month's notice and I don't think they will be skipping the garda vetting.

Maybe there aren't any vacancies to be filled in the march batch.

Hopefully we will hear soon.

Garda vetting takes only days now so that's no issue. Would not advertise for March 2020 commencement if no vacancies arising. Supervised tests and interview could all take place same day as with EO. Might request a form to be submitted beforehand. That would not take long.

Garda vetting takes only days now so that's no issue. Would not advertise for March 2020 commencement if no vacancies arising. Supervised tests and interview could all take place same day as with EO. Might request a form to be submitted beforehand. That would not take long.

Would be great if the supervised test and interview was on the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 flowergirlxx

Has anyone heard anything yet?

Replies being sent out to unsuccessful candidates. "You are not being called forward" do not even let u know if you passed the required standard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭AtticusFinch86

You may be able to request the feedback. Inhad a rejection email for the last round of EO applications and the body of the email indicated feedback could be requested. It took a week or two before I received that feedback. It was relatively generic from what I recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 hireme101

Got the form for the next round.

hireme101 wrote: »
    Got the form for the next round.

Is it a full application form?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BobCat123

Did they say how many were called?

Congratulations to those progressing.

Sorry to those who aren't. They usually say you can request feedback but I don't think it's ever really too informative but may be of some use you never know.

I haven't received any email yet. Not sure if that's a good thing or bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Not accepted

Unfortunately I have received the e-mail.. Very disappointing... I thought I did better.
    Congratulations to hose who passed the test!!!

Full application form to be used for shortlisting.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 BoyLaw937

Shocked I passed as I collected a pizza in the middle of the numerical based test.

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear some of our contributors here are not going forward. It may all boil down to the panel people applied for, combined with the geographical area applied for. All things are relative but everybody has much to offer so I wish ye the best of luck.

Advertisement