Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 end of contract deal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I find this absolutely amazing and it's about time as they have been over charging us for years...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Some awful reviews of GoMo on trustpilot.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I find this absolutely amazing and it's about time as they have been over charging us for years...

Definitely, the GoMo offer seems to have put the cat amongst the pigeons and finally gotten rid of the paddy tax we were all subject to. The UK mobile networks have been doing these type of cheap offers for years, its about time we had something decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 kmull

Thanks for that , just got offered 10 euro per month online chat , for next 12months , was on 30 euro Sim only plan.He offered 20 euro first and then 15 and eventually the 10 , happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Damien360

What’s the general format and number of numbers for a GoMo purchase order number. Talking to 3 now and may ask for my order number from GoMo

• Advertisement

3 argument is about GoMo speeds at 4G. And said they are Eir with 6 times more complaints than Three. And that it’s online only.

On the last one, there is a Three store in town here but they can’t deal with billing issues so of no use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Some awful reviews of GoMo on trustpilot.

I find those reviews hard to believe...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Definitely, the GoMo offer seems to have put the cat amongst the pigeons and finally gotten rid of the paddy tax we were all subject to. The UK mobile networks have been doing these type of cheap offers for years, its about time we had something decent.

Yup...contract phones are still terrible value though compared to the uk

• Registered Users Posts: 12,386 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

physioman wrote: »
    I find those reviews hard to believe...

I believe them but trust pilot isn't somewhere I go to write good reviews.

I have been in a webchat with 3 since 4:30pm. Still ongoing. No sign of a deal. And they have the nerve to say GoMo will only be online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Skuxx

I went back on the webchat tonight, was initially offered €20 for 12 months which I declined, then they came back with €15, I asked for €10 but they said it was only available on certain accounts and for me the best was €15, I was in a hurry so settled for that, still 50% off my bill!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I've just come off webchat with Three. Was on the 30 euro 30 day contract. They initially offered me 15 euro for 12 months, but with some persistence I managed to negotiate it down to 10.

We'll see what happens in 12 months but I'm delighted with this for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭LeaveitOff

Thanks OP, got the wife and myself down to the 10/mth deal. The agent I got offered me the 10 straight away. The second time was a lot tougher, 20 to 15 and finally to 10 after I kept saying to cancel.

After a full 8 hours of web chat , the best they would give is €20pm for 12 months. Was €30pm. Not great but I’ve had enough.

Have to start process again for prepaid sim’s tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

milky88 wrote: »
    They are still charging 2 € for voicemail ffs so it's 11.99€

Do people still use voicemail?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Best I got was 20, after 2 hours on webchat I gave up.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭DublinGirl738

Out of interest everyone getting these deals when is your contact up? Mines not up till around September 2020 so I don’t know if they’ll just say no or not given how long I’ve left

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭djdunny

Went onto web chat last night on behalf of my wife. Told them I wanted to check my contract status as I was thinking of moving to GOMO
    to save money. After some competition bashing (basically saying that the network was crap) he offered me the €30 per month. I refused and mentioned the €9.99 from GOMO again. Then he came down to €20 and after one final ask (I was getting tired) he offered me €15 a month for 12 months. Saved her €30 a month. Whole interaction took about 25 minutes. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭deco72

It'll probably go up to the standard sim only price which is 30 euro.

I was told it can be extended by Three by giving them a call. I got them to add a note to my account and I also printed out the conversation as prove as they have removed the function to email the web chat.

Will see how they honour it in 12 months.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Out of interest everyone getting these deals when is your contact up? Mines not up till around September 2020 so I don’t know if they’ll just say no or not given how long I’ve left

They are out of contract, as mentioned in op, or in the final days/weeks of contract.

Why would they offer you anything now?
    Give them a shout next year when contract is 30 days from ending.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Was on the web chat this morning and got my €30 Flexi SIMO plan down to €10. Relatively easy in the end, got the spiel about GoMo first, cutting data completely if you reach 80gb whereas 3 only slows it down after 60, no phones with GoMO. Just told her I only use about 20gb a month and I've bought all my own phones, mainly interested in the price.

Got offered the €20 a month first. I basically came out and said I know people have been offered €10 a month and is 3 willing to match it for me seeing as I'm at least 11 years with them. Came back straight away then with the €10. Screenshot all the conversation just to have on the record

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭D13exile

Was on Three's €30 a month sim only plan and after reading the OP's post, I contacted Three on their webchat yesterday afternoon and told them I was going to port to GoMo. Was originally offered €20 a month which I declined. Then it came down to €15 a month, also declined, and just now I've been offered €10 a month for 12 months. So persistance pays off!!!:D

Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭spannerism

unfortunately my chat agent did not know about this €10 plan and was asking me the name of it.

If anyone knows the name of it, please let me know.

spannerism wrote: »
    unfortunately my chat agent did not know about this €10 plan and was asking me the name of it.

If anyone knows the name of it, please let me know.

That's rubbish mate. It's the GoMo €9.99 a month unlimited calls, texts and 80gb of data. My Three agent knew all about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

Glebee wrote: »
    They said they are planning to lauch new plan to match GoMo but not available at the moment. .

I just read multiple articles, about how the incumbents reacted to a similar offering to GoMo called Iliad in Italy. Basically, within a few months, there was a series of web-based online-only shadow-brands created. For example, Vodafone Italy created the Ho Mobile brand to complete.

I don't know how things will pan out here, but I would guess that there is a high chance that Three and Vodafone will create new web based mobile brands to compete.

Time is of the essence. In Italy, the incumbents lost a ton of customers (several million) because they were slow to react.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

My port went through to Gomo yesterday, only seen this afterwards. Rang Three, they only offered me the standard €20 sim plan

Is everyone using web chat on their phone within app or on the Pc. Incredibly slow via phone app chat.

Damien360 wrote: »
    Is everyone using web chat on their phone within app or on the Pc. Incredibly slow via phone app chat.

I started my webchat on my phone yesterday at midday. Wasn't resolved until this morning.

Keep at it as they will give you the tenner a month if you persist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭celt262

D13exile wrote: »
    I started my webchat on my phone yesterday at midday. Wasn't resolved until this morning.

Keep at it as they will give you the tenner a month if you persist.

I wouldn't have the patience for that.

• Advertisement

celt262 wrote: »
    I wouldn't have the patience for that.

Well I was paying €360 a year and now I'll be paying €120 for the same package. Guess me being broke has taught me patience:D

Advertisement