Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

OmegaGene wrote: »
    As long as Revolut is doing the currency conversion then you’re not being ripped off, as you are paying via PayPal Netflix can see your address btw

I don't pay for Netflix through Paypal but good to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

mcgucc22 wrote: »
    Paid with my Ulster Bank card last month instead of my Revolut card. Cost me an extra €1.10, I know its only around a euro but it shows how much better the Revolut exchange rate is.

I would suspect that was more the FX fee than the difference between the rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

Anyone setting family ? Im ready to go ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jkbah

devil-80 wrote: »
    Anyone setting family ? Im ready to go ;-)
    I'll join one and pay for year upfront

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Friend got a USA gift card can I login with a VPN and add it to my account??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Friend got a USA gift card can I login with a VPN and add it to my account??

You'd have to set up a payment method in the US Netflix account. Not sure you'd be able to do this with an existing account.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

RossieMan wrote:
    You'd have to set up a payment method in the US Netflix account. Not sure you'd be able to do this with an existing account.

Would an Irish credit card be ok or would I have to use a virtual card like revolut??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Virtual card I'd imagine. Unless it's a big amount, 100 dollars plus I can't see it being worth doing.

You wouldn't get US content if that's what you were thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭BobMc

Argentine sign up is looking to text one time code to verify, cant see a way past it

Yeah used phone easiest for vpn, couldn't manage to get VPN working on PC,

anyone know if you've Mexico payment plan using revolut and you change to Turket will it take same Revolut Number??

for payment ?

• Advertisement

still have XP couldnt get it to work might try again

also tried a virtual revolut no. and it wont accept it for turkey, not having much joy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Keep trying there seems to be a glitch with Revolut and Netflix but it will go through eventually

Yes worked for me in the end and wow what a saving over paying for it here. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Tazz T

After successfully setting this up via Turkey for the last few months, my payment has been declined this morning and the service deactivated. Checking with my bank at the moment. Just wondering anyone else having a problem (are they on to us?).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭5star02707

Tazz T wrote: »
    After successfully setting this up via Turkey for the last few months, my payment has been declined this morning and the service deactivated. Checking with my bank at the moment. Just wondering anyone else having a problem (are they on to us?).

If you used a disposable card then it is bound to happen.

Use the virtual card in the Revolut app or the physical card one when paying

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Using UK credit card. Might be a problem at my bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭dinneenp

jkbah wrote: »
    I'll join one and pay for year upfront

Hi. Can I join the family please?
    Very happy to pay yearly upfront.

Thanks,
    Pa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

TouchVPN keeps showing up as Netherlands so Im trying Hola

I go into Hola and change the flag to turkey if I try accessing Netflix through the in app browser or use Chrome through the app the site won't load I get

net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

Anyone have that when using Hola?

I am with 3 using 4G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Have you signed up to hola full version on trial ?

Doing some testing there and Hola website won't load via 3 normal net don't tell me the eejits actually have it blacklisted. I had to use TouchVPN jist to sign up to Hola for an account

I will try the full version trial in a few thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭DubInTheWest

Lads I'm having a lot of trouble getting sorted with the turkish vpn, any suggestions.

On the pc I can't get any vpn to work, it just reverts back to netflix.com. I've used nordvpn, ipvanish and the free hola.

I then went on the android and used the free hola and it let me in, and I put my revolut details in and all went fine until they wanted to text me. There was no option to 'text later' etc...

I then signed up for the free 3 days with hola and still the same. I tried Revolut and my normal banks cards and it' just say's there is a problem with this payment.

Any suggestions on what I could try ?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭DubInTheWest

Thanks for the reply. I don't seem to able to get a trial for the desktop for some reason, it wants me to upgrade to a monthly package. Unless I'm missing something but I've looked at it over and over again. I got the android 3 day trial but dont' seem to be available on the desktop....

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭odddavey

I heard that a mobile text will be a 2nd verification. I think if your already signed up to say Argentina and want to change to Turkey. You need a Turkish mobile number. Dont think I'll be changing for the sake of a few euro a month.
    Is this true re mobile verification?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Don't see them bothering and most will just not pay. Plus how do they police it? It's not the turkey thing, it's the brother down the road but surely that's allowed I. E. Daughter and son using it at different addresses?
    P. S. Most have premium plan anyways. Plus since when has irl jumped to 16 quid??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Sounds like they're trying to stop people sharing the single screen log on details.

Edit: Actually just seems to be a press release for Synamedia pushing their own software. Netflix haven't actually said anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Is that not pretty much the same article anyone with half a brain (i.e. excluding lots of people on this thread) laughed at when someone posted it a few months back claiming "Netflix is clamping down"?

Anyone want to try family subscription using Turkish or other cheap country IP ?

Account is set of someone is interested in to join PM me 3 slots available. Not sure how long will works but worth to try.

Sound. 1 slot taken. 2 left's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

But there is no Netflix Family subscription option like with Spotify - are you on about sharing a single login?

Advertisement