06-01-2021, 14:31   #3541
corks finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaerobe View Post
Got it to work, as above. Messed up the first month.
I tired renewing on my laptop with Keepsolid VPN, had cleared my cookies but prices came up in Euro.
Tried on my iPhone using Safari and VPN and worked perfectly.
Massive saving. Thanks OP.

Thanks to BA I have
  • Netflix UHD for approx. 4-5 euro a month
  • HULU basic for 1.75
  • HBOMAX for approx 14

Around 20 euro for the lot PM.
Here in Mexico alls fine
Advertisement
07-01-2021, 09:50   #3542
frash

I'm up & running on Turkish Netflix and just wondering if anyone here has had any luck with Turkish Playstation?
I've tried Revolut & Curve but no joy.

I asked this in the Playstaion forum but it's against the rules there
07-01-2021, 22:01   #3543
SLyn9745

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciano1 View Post
My PTSB card I'd been using on my Turkish account just expired so Netflix is asking for an updated payment method. Which method is currently working for anybody who's done this in the past few days?

Is Turkey still the best or are people having better luck with Argentina these days? I also have revolut and curve if that helps.

Thanks ðŸ˜

Can you use a Turkish Netflix Gift card?
I was able to buy Gift cards for Netflix Turkey ok on Gamivo for 15€ for 100 TL worth and redeem it on my account. Once you have the turkish netflix set up with a payment card you can add a Turkish gift card as payment method successfully
Thanks from:
08-01-2021, 13:14   #3544
Pablo1802

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLyn9745 View Post
I was able to buy Gift cards for Netflix Turkey ok on Gamivo for 15€ for 100 TL worth and redeem it on my account. Once you have the turkish netflix set up with a payment card you can add a Turkish gift card as payment method successfully

It worked for me. Perfect ! Thank you
08-01-2021, 17:01   #3545
SLyn9745

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo1802 View Post
It worked for me. Perfect ! Thank you
No Problem! I have prepaid my account myself until May and it will still take out from your Visa or Mastercard when the credit is all used up.
Advertisement
08-01-2021, 17:37   #3546
McMurphy
Bannned

Quote:
Can you explain this? Do you mean when the 100TL credit expires, they'll then take credit automatically from your credit/debit card to keep it going?

Also, 100TL for €15 is a nice margin for someone.
08-01-2021, 17:47   #3547
SLyn9745

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMurphy View Post
Can you explain this? Do you mean when the 100TL credit expires, they'll then take credit automatically from your credit/debit card to keep it going?

Also, 100TL for €15 is a nice margin for someone.
Yes apparently the payment card you used to get the Turkish subscription is used as the backup when the balance from the gift card is used up. Technically you could keep buying and redeeming gift cards to stop it from reverting to the card.

I added the 100 TL no problem but it won't work on an another Irish account I had as the Turkish method wasn't used monthly on that. Yes 100 TL should cover about 2 1/2 months for the 4K subscription.
Thanks from:
08-01-2021, 17:48   #3548
SLyn9745

Here is a screenshot from my account!
Attached Images
File Type: png netflix.png (49.8 KB, 191 views)
08-01-2021, 19:04   #3549
spuddy01

Quote:
Thanks for this info. My revolut card has been frozen until I receive my new passport. Used this method to keep watching Netflix till I get my card/account back ðŸ‘ðŸ‘
Advertisement
10-01-2021, 15:02   #3550
degsie

Long time lurker
I have an Irish account and see that the prices are about to rise yet again. So, is the Turkey option still the best? Do I need to let my current acct expire after cancellation? Is Revolut option still working? Sorry for all the Qs.
10-01-2021, 17:20   #3551
OmegaGene

Quote:
Originally Posted by degsie View Post
Long time lurker
I have an Irish account and see that the prices are about to rise yet again. So, is the Turkey option still the best? Do I need to let my current acct expire after cancellation? Is Revolut option still working? Sorry for all the Qs.
Revolut causes issues, you can set up a curve account and add Revolut to that

Make any changes you need to make before you cancel your sub, change payments add phone number
Once the sub has expired and you can’t watch Netflix anymore go incognito and use a vpn set to Turkey and away you go
Thanks from:
10-01-2021, 20:16   #3552
Setanter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaGene View Post
Revolut causes issues, you can set up a curve account and add Revolut to that

Make any changes you need to make before you cancel your sub, change payments add phone number
Once the sub has expired and you can’t watch Netflix anymore go incognito and use a vpn set to Turkey and away you go
Little quirke I noticed, if you set up a virtual card with Revolut it adds no problem to Ireland and is good to go when you resume in Turkey.
The main Revolut card causes hissy fits in both jurisdictions.

Don't forget to verify your Irish mobile in Ireland before moving to TK
Thanks from:
10-01-2021, 20:33   #3553
samboy08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setanter View Post
Little quirke I noticed, if you set up a virtual card with Revolut it adds no problem to Ireland and is good to go when you resume in Turkey.

With revolut do you have to top up your account to pay with your virtual card or could you have nothing in your account and it would take the money straight out of your bank account like it does with curve?
10-01-2021, 20:37   #3554
OmegaGene

Quote:
Originally Posted by samboy08 View Post
With revolut do you have to top up your account to pay with your virtual card or could you have nothing in your account and it would take the money straight out of your bank account like it does with curve?
You need to transfer money to your Revolut
10-01-2021, 21:24   #3555
Quackster

Mod: Kerry, ZTest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Setanter View Post

Is your main Revolut card a MasterCard? Older Revolut MasterCard cards are coded as prepaid and Netflix refuses to accept them. Newer Visa (and possibly MasterCard) cards are coded as debit and should work.

Last edited by Quackster; 10-01-2021 at 21:28.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion