Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
11-04-2020, 19:02   #2806
JimmyVik
Registered User
 
JimmyVik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 2,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbari View Post
Signed up for NF on 6th March
Cancelled the sub right away.
Sub expired on 7th Apr
Installed Speedify VPN and picked Turkey
Logged on to my a/c and picked the sub with 4 users and UHD etc
VPN is now off and everything is good.

Originally I had signed up using Irish credit card, I tried changing to Revolut but NF didn't accept that. It would have cost me 5.70 with Revolut but it cost me 5.87 with AIB credit card so not a big deal.

Thanks lads for all your help.

So I signed up for netflix and cancelled.
I went to the Turkey site and logged in and re-enabled my account.

It still had my payment amount in euro even though im on the Turkish Netflix.
Do I have to wait the month til it expires, or remove my credit card and add it back in, or even make a new account?


Sorry for being a pain. Thanks.
JimmyVik is offline  
Advertisement
11-04-2020, 19:21   #2807
sweetie
Registered User
 
sweetie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 9,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyVik View Post
So I signed up for netflix and cancelled.
I went to the Turkey site and logged in and re-enabled my account.

It still had my payment amount in euro even though im on the Turkish Netflix.
Do I have to wait the month til it expires, or remove my credit card and add it back in, or even make a new account?


Sorry for being a pain. Thanks.
You have to use a VPN and wait until it's expired to see the different plans in Turkish money
sweetie is offline  
11-04-2020, 19:23   #2808
JimmyVik
Registered User
 
JimmyVik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 2,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetie View Post
You have to use a VPN and wait until it's expired to see the different plans in Turkish money

Ah thats what im doing wrong.
Thanks for the help.
JimmyVik is offline  
Thanks from:
12-04-2020, 09:45   #2809
padjocollins
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 314
got it working myself after a few failed attempts. after account expiration

as per instructions on 26.01.2020 by redriddick

'Download tor, install and run once. Browse to the location where windows installed tor. Find the file torcc and open with notepad. Add the line exitnodes {ar} and save. Open tor and go to Netflix and log in using your details. 're start your sub and your set'

on mac torcc is on ~/Library/Application\ Support/TorBrowser-Data/Tor/torrc

Other people have reported success using vpns so you can try that instead of using tor browers if you like
see bbari 08.04.20 comment
Signed up for NF on 6th March
Cancelled the sub right away.
Sub expired on 7th Apr
Installed Speedify VPN and picked Turkey
Logged on to my a/c and picked the sub with 4 users and UHD etc
VPN is now off and everything is good.
speedify is free

In my case after using tor , signing up for argentenian netflix, inputting my transferwise card details in the last step i was asked to input my argentenian mobile number to confirm an activation code.
I did this using smspva.com , details from keano25 on 30.03.20

'Couldn't sign up through Turkey no matter what VPN I tried so got it via Brazilian VPN. For anyone interested and doesn't want the read back for a few hours..

VPN Brazil

Sign up and enter bank details for Revolut card etc..

They'll ask for a phone number, go to smspva.com and get a virtual Brazilian phone number it costs .50c.

Netflix text the code to that number, input the code when asked.

Done.

You can now use your Irish number as recovery phone number.

€8.15 for Brazilian Netflix.

smspva can be a bit confusing, in my case i added 2$ to my account balance. then selected country agrentina and then clicked on netflix option torwards the bottom of the page. that game me a number i could tell netflix to send it to. After inputting it into netflix i got the activation code on snspva a few seconds later that i input back into netflix and i was all set.

phew

hope that is helpful to others.
padjocollins is online now  
Thanks from:
12-04-2020, 10:04   #2810
DopeTech
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 5,577
Turkish top package is only €5.84 this month though. There's cheaper than Brazil. I know it's cheaper than here but if you kept at it you could have got it down even further.
DopeTech is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
12-04-2020, 10:11   #2811
padjocollins
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by DopeTech View Post
Turkish top package is only €5.84 this month though. There's cheaper than Brazil. I know it's cheaper than here but if you kept at it you could have got it down even further.
good point, was going for turkish, but smspva don't seem to have an option for turkish mobile numbers so went with argentenian. happy enough.
padjocollins is online now  
12-04-2020, 10:42   #2812
corks finest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by unkel View Post
It's getting cheaper and cheaper. Just paid EUR4.10 for the mid package (EUR10.99) via Netflix Turkey
I'm still in Mexico
corks finest is offline  
12-04-2020, 10:43   #2813
corks finest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by unkel View Post
It's getting cheaper and cheaper. Just paid EUR4.10 for the mid package (EUR10.99) via Netflix Turkey
I'm still in Mexico
corks finest is offline  
(2) thanks from:
12-04-2020, 11:46   #2814
Mr.S
Moderator
 
Mr.S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 18,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by padjocollins View Post
got it working myself after a few failed attempts. after account expiration

as per instructions on 26.01.2020 by redriddick

'Download tor, install and run once. Browse to the location where windows installed tor. Find the file torcc and open with notepad. Add the line exitnodes {ar} and save. Open tor and go to Netflix and log in using your details. 're start your sub and your set'

on mac torcc is on ~/Library/Application\ Support/TorBrowser-Data/Tor/torrc

Other people have reported success using vpns so you can try that instead of using tor browers if you like
see bbari 08.04.20 comment
Signed up for NF on 6th March
Cancelled the sub right away.
Sub expired on 7th Apr
Installed Speedify VPN and picked Turkey
Logged on to my a/c and picked the sub with 4 users and UHD etc
VPN is now off and everything is good.
speedify is free

In my case after using tor , signing up for argentenian netflix, inputting my transferwise card details in the last step i was asked to input my argentenian mobile number to confirm an activation code.
I did this using smspva.com , details from keano25 on 30.03.20

'Couldn't sign up through Turkey no matter what VPN I tried so got it via Brazilian VPN. For anyone interested and doesn't want the read back for a few hours..

VPN Brazil

Sign up and enter bank details for Revolut card etc..

They'll ask for a phone number, go to smspva.com and get a virtual Brazilian phone number it costs .50c.

Netflix text the code to that number, input the code when asked.

Done.

You can now use your Irish number as recovery phone number.

€8.15 for Brazilian Netflix.

smspva can be a bit confusing, in my case i added 2$ to my account balance. then selected country agrentina and then clicked on netflix option torwards the bottom of the page. that game me a number i could tell netflix to send it to. After inputting it into netflix i got the activation code on snspva a few seconds later that i input back into netflix and i was all set.

phew

hope that is helpful to others.
This seems very overkill, why are you using TOR, editing exit nodes, creating a virtual number and not using Turkish Netflix? (€5.95 for the 4 screen UHD plan as of my last payment).

The process of singing up to Irish Netflix, paying for a month, canceling straight away, and then signing up via a Turkish VPN using your original Irish netflix account (with normal bank / Irish phone number) still works.
Mr.S is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
12-04-2020, 11:58   #2815
mcgucc22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by padjocollins View Post
got it working myself after a few failed attempts. after account expiration

as per instructions on 26.01.2020 by redriddick

'Download tor, install and run once. Browse to the location where windows installed tor. Find the file torcc and open with notepad. Add the line exitnodes {ar} and save. Open tor and go to Netflix and log in using your details. 're start your sub and your set'

on mac torcc is on ~/Library/Application\ Support/TorBrowser-Data/Tor/torrc

Other people have reported success using vpns so you can try that instead of using tor browers if you like
see bbari 08.04.20 comment
Signed up for NF on 6th March
Cancelled the sub right away.
Sub expired on 7th Apr
Installed Speedify VPN and picked Turkey
Logged on to my a/c and picked the sub with 4 users and UHD etc
VPN is now off and everything is good.
speedify is free

In my case after using tor , signing up for argentenian netflix, inputting my transferwise card details in the last step i was asked to input my argentenian mobile number to confirm an activation code.
I did this using smspva.com , details from keano25 on 30.03.20

'Couldn't sign up through Turkey no matter what VPN I tried so got it via Brazilian VPN. For anyone interested and doesn't want the read back for a few hours..

VPN Brazil

Sign up and enter bank details for Revolut card etc..

They'll ask for a phone number, go to smspva.com and get a virtual Brazilian phone number it costs .50c.

Netflix text the code to that number, input the code when asked.

Done.

You can now use your Irish number as recovery phone number.

€8.15 for Brazilian Netflix.

smspva can be a bit confusing, in my case i added 2$ to my account balance. then selected country agrentina and then clicked on netflix option torwards the bottom of the page. that game me a number i could tell netflix to send it to. After inputting it into netflix i got the activation code on snspva a few seconds later that i input back into netflix and i was all set.

phew

hope that is helpful to others.
after reading that, i think it would nearly be easier to hop on a flight to Brazil and just set it up from there.
mcgucc22 is offline  
12-04-2020, 13:36   #2816
padjocollins
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.S View Post
This seems very overkill, why are you using TOR, editing exit nodes, creating a virtual number and not using Turkish Netflix? (€5.95 for the 4 screen UHD plan as of my last payment).

The process of singing up to Irish Netflix, paying for a month, canceling straight away, and then signing up via a Turkish VPN using your original Irish netflix account (with normal bank / Irish phone number) still works.
If that worked for you great. in my case i had to input the country mobile number and verify a code. no way around that for me. using a vpn or tor (editing a file took seconds) is not much of a difference in effort. overall it's not much work. the work was finding out what to do .
padjocollins is online now  
12-04-2020, 14:13   #2817
Aquos76
Moderator
 
Aquos76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 8,431
I exchanged €70 in to Turkish lira a couple of weeks ago and I got nearly 520 lira for that, that’s a years worth of viewing on the top package, so I’m quids in as long as my revolut card stays working, it should do as the expiry on it is sometime in 2024 I think.
Aquos76 is online now  
Thanks from:
12-04-2020, 14:18   #2818
Mr.S
Moderator
 
Mr.S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 18,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by padjocollins View Post
If that worked for you great. in my case i had to input the country mobile number and verify a code. no way around that for me. using a vpn or tor (editing a file took seconds) is not much of a difference in effort. overall it's not much work. the work was finding out what to do .
Did you verify all your details on your Irish account before switching countries?

I've done it a few times using the above process for me and others and never had an issue as long you verify everything before jumping.
Mr.S is offline  
Thanks from:
12-04-2020, 19:24   #2819
flexcon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.S View Post
Did you verify all your details on your Irish account before switching countries?

I've done it a few times using the above process for me and others and never had an issue as long you verify everything before jumping.
Same here. 7 accounts done so far and all good doing it this method.
flexcon is offline  
12-04-2020, 21:16   #2820
jusvi2001
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexcon View Post
Same here. 7 accounts done so far and all good doing it this method.

I have a active Irish Netflix account which i cancelled and waiting to lapse. i am planning to renew the account with a Turkish vpn. there is no mobile number on the account at present.

Do i need to add a Irish mobile number before renewing with Turkish vpn?
jusvi2001 is online now  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet