30-07-2019, 21:11   #2056
Maz2016

Do it, I just checked my bank I paid 4.49 for the middle option aswell I’m on the Turkish one over a year now.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
30-07-2019, 21:24   #2057
unkel
Category Moderator

Thanks lads, that adds up over the long term alright. Just checked and my VPN provider (Newshosting) does not have a Turkish server. I'll probably change them when the sub is up, I'll remember to pick a provider that does when the time comes.
30-07-2019, 21:59   #2058
RossieMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkel
Thanks lads, that adds up over the long term alright. Just checked and my VPN provider (Newshosting) does not have a Turkish server. I'll probably change them when the sub is up, I'll remember to pick a provider that does when the time comes.

Just use on of the free providers. You only need it for sign up.
30-07-2019, 22:08   #2059
garion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz2016 View Post
Do it, I just checked my bank I paid 4.49 for the middle option aswell I’m on the Turkish one over a year now.
So how does someone switch country? I'm paying out of Canada at the moment. I've got friends and family on my sub though so don't any down time if possible.
30-07-2019, 22:53   #2060
dulpit

Quote:
Originally Posted by garion View Post
So how does someone switch country? I'm paying out of Canada at the moment. I've got friends and family on my sub though so don't any down time if possible.
Leave your sub expire (so cancel now, you'll get the rest of the month). On the first day you are without cover, sign back up using VPN or Tor option via Turkey. All history/accounts/etc should be retained.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
30-07-2019, 23:35   #2061
keredern

Been trying to set up a new Netflix account via Turkey for the past few days, using HOLA free VPN.

I can get as far as entering the payment details, but once I move to the next step, it looks for a phone number to send a code to.

I've tried everything but cannot get past this!

I've used multiple different payment cards including terrestrial banks & Revolut, but always the same phone number request.

Tried using TOR there but too dense to figure out how to use it properly...Sorry!

Would really appreciate any help...in the simplest of terms as not too sharp on the olde webe thingy!!
31-07-2019, 08:55   #2062
dulpit

Quote:
Originally Posted by keredern View Post
Been trying to set up a new Netflix account via Turkey for the past few days, using HOLA free VPN.

I can get as far as entering the payment details, but once I move to the next step, it looks for a phone number to send a code to.

I've tried everything but cannot get past this!

I've used multiple different payment cards including terrestrial banks & Revolut, but always the same phone number request.

Tried using TOR there but too dense to figure out how to use it properly...Sorry!

Would really appreciate any help...in the simplest of terms as not too sharp on the olde webe thingy!!
I posted the following when I signed up, u couldn't get the vpn option to work, but tor did work:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulpit View Post
Just wanted to say that this worked for me. Steps followed:
  1. Tried VPN options on Firefox and Chrome - kept getting blocked by needing mobile number, so stopped this.
  2. Downloaded tor browser: https://www.torproject.org/download/
  3. Opened the folder where Tor was installed (defaulted to my desktop)
  4. Edited the file C:\Users\Dulpit\Desktop\Tor Browser\Browser\TorBrowser\Data\Tor\torcc
  5. The file was initially blank, added the line ExitNodes {tr} and saved.
  6. Opened Tor, went to netflix.com. It defaulted to the Turkish site.
  7. As previous poster said, clicking login does not work. Clicking Try 30 Days Free does work though. I went for the Standard plan at 29.99 Lira.
  8. When prompted to enter new email address/password I just used my existing details, it recognised I had an account and welcomed me back. I then entered payment details (Revolut) and saved. Revolut shows me being charged €4.57, much better than the €11.99 on Irish site.
  9. I did a quick test on netflix now and all seems normal, still have view history, breakdown of family, all that jazz.
(4) thanks from:
31-07-2019, 11:35   #2063
keredern

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulpit View Post
I posted the following when I signed up, u couldn't get the vpn option to work, but tor did work:
Thanks for the reply.

I forgot to say that I'm using an iMac & could not find the file to add the exit node on TOR after I'd downloaded & run TOR.

Just kept getting a 'file not found' message.
31-07-2019, 12:46   #2064
dulpit

Quote:
Originally Posted by keredern View Post
Thanks for the reply.

I forgot to say that I'm using an iMac & could not find the file to add the exit node on TOR after I'd downloaded & run TOR.

Just kept getting a 'file not found' message.
This looks to help - seemingly mac os has it in a different location...
https://tor.stackexchange.com/questi...ry-in-mac-os-x
Thanks from:
Advertisement
31-07-2019, 20:51   #2065
gomara

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossieMan View Post
Just use on of the free providers. You only need it for sign up.
Or just use Tor browser and set exit node to Turkey (Google it). Worked fine for me no VPN required
02-08-2019, 08:10   #2066
intro

Hi

Trying to set up netflix on the Turkish site. Had a lot of problems trying to get TOR set to the exit node Turkey before figuring out that there is a space between "ExitNodes" and"{tr}". That sorted that out.

When I get to the Turkish phone number requirement, it looks for this to send me a one time code. I cant seem to get around this. I have not had a Netflix A/C before so an Irish phone number does not show pre filled.

Anyone know a way around this?

Thanks
02-08-2019, 08:26   #2067
gomara

When I did it, the subscription had already gone through and I had received an email confirming that. The prompt for phone was simply a method for password recovery if required. I just ignored it and closed the browser. All fine since.
02-08-2019, 09:02   #2068
OmegaGene

Quote:
Originally Posted by intro View Post
Hi

Trying to set up netflix on the Turkish site. Had a lot of problems trying to get TOR set to the exit node Turkey before figuring out that there is a space between "ExitNodes" and"{tr}". That sorted that out.

When I get to the Turkish phone number requirement, it looks for this to send me a one time code. I cant seem to get around this. I have not had a Netflix A/C before so an Irish phone number does not show pre filled.

Anyone know a way around this?

Thanks
okay so the easiest way i can see for new customers to avoid turkish text verification is

1.sign up for netflix trial in ireland entering your details inc mobile number and revolut
2.cancel trial and let it expire (netflix no worky)
3.connect to turkish netflix using vpn as outlined in the first post
sorted

on a aside note it appears Revolut payment issues are because Revolut is detecting the vpn and this should sort that too, plenty of people are able to bypass the turkish mobile verification part on other sites so i am wondering does it depend on the device being used, mobile phone and tablet etc as opposed to a desktop.

Last edited by OmegaGene; 02-08-2019 at 09:07.
(4) thanks from:
02-08-2019, 11:46   #2069
elfy4eva

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaGene View Post
okay so the easiest way i can see for new customers to avoid turkish text verification is

1.sign up for netflix trial in ireland entering your details inc mobile number and revolut
2.cancel trial and let it expire (netflix no worky)
3.connect to turkish netflix using vpn as outlined in the first post
sorted

on a aside note it appears Revolut payment issues are because Revolut is detecting the vpn and this should sort that too, plenty of people are able to bypass the turkish mobile verification part on other sites so i am wondering does it depend on the device being used, mobile phone and tablet etc as opposed to a desktop.
Yes I found this too, when you have a card linked to the account already it didn't need verification. Only for asked for verification when I tried to set up a card on a new account.
Thanks from:
04-08-2019, 19:33   #2070
dercunx

Looking to join a family if anyone setting one up. Thanks.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion