16-01-2021, 16:19   #1
New2Dubs

Monthly prescription query

I get a large prescription (pay max of €114 to pharmacy). Even though it’s a 3 month prescription, pharmacy will only dispense monthly.
Is it an option to obtain more than 1 month in order to travel abroad? (Paying €114 x how many months obviously).
Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
17-01-2021, 10:30   #2
Vorsprung

I've heard of a few patients doing this. That said, with numerous shortages of meds even before Brexit, some pharmacists might only dispense a month at time to ensure that there are enough medications for all patients.
Thanks from:
17-01-2021, 10:33   #3
angeldelight

It can be done if you’re travelling, depending on the types of medicines involved the pharmacist may wish to speak to your doctor before dispensing to ensure there’s no safety concerns
Thanks from:
17-01-2021, 22:51   #4
L1011

I'm fairly certain it wouldn't be possible to do this under DPS as the limit is calender month based (except for once a year allowance for two 28 days landing in the same month); so you'd need to pay full price for the additional months rather than 3*114
Thanks from:
17-01-2021, 22:57   #5
duffman13

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1011 View Post
I'm fairly certain it wouldn't be possible to do this under DPS as the limit is calender month based (except for once a year allowance for two 28 days landing in the same month); so you'd need to pay full price for the additional months rather than 3*114
You can for travel, ask your pharmacist to contact the DPS if they are unsure but I have done it before.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion