Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
07-01-2021, 22:13   #796
mailburner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 21,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilikum17 View Post
We bought a house about 6months ago. No one was living in it for about 6 weeks as the purchase was going through.

Some dirty you know what robbed the oil.....

And the tank lol.
ffs
mailburner is offline  
Advertisement
07-01-2021, 22:55   #797
mikeecho
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthWesterly View Post
Everything is coming to a standstill again. Less demand will hopefully result in a fall in price
The rest of the world is moving. And OPEC have announced a production cut, oil is up.

The US is getting a new president, that might push the $ up .


I bit the bullet and ordered 1000L.
The cheapest for me is 54¢/L

Last edited by mikeecho; 07-01-2021 at 22:58.
mikeecho is offline  
08-01-2021, 09:21   #798
Cape Clear
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeecho View Post
The rest of the world is moving. And OPEC have announced a production cut, oil is up.

The US is getting a new president, that might push the $ up .


I bit the bullet and ordered 1000L.
The cheapest for me is 54¢/L
I paid 46 cents in Cork at the end of November after a bit of haggling.
Cape Clear is offline  
08-01-2021, 17:52   #799
william
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 282
Hi. Is the quality of all kerosene the same, regardless of supplier? Am seeing prices from 51c to 55c in my area (https://www.cheapestoil.ie/heating-oil-prices/Dublin) which adds up for a large fill. Thanks.
william is offline  
Thanks from:
08-01-2021, 17:54   #800
Rows Grower
Registered User
 
Rows Grower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 6,160
All the exact same quality William.
Rows Grower is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
08-01-2021, 23:15   #801
CoBo55
Registered User
 
CoBo55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 3,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by william View Post
Hi. Is the quality of all kerosene the same, regardless of supplier? Am seeing prices from 51c to 55c in my area (https://www.cheapestoil.ie/heating-oil-prices/Dublin) which adds up for a large fill. Thanks.
Can't say I've ever noticed a difference.
CoBo55 is offline  
08-01-2021, 23:25   #802
Darc19
Registered User
 
Darc19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 2,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by william View Post
Hi. Is the quality of all kerosene the same, regardless of supplier? Am seeing prices from 51c to 55c in my area (https://www.cheapestoil.ie/heating-oil-prices/Dublin) which adds up for a large fill. Thanks.
It adds up to €40 for 1,000L

Not a life changing amount and shows that there's competition out there.

Market prices change 3-4 times a week, so it can be down to a supplier buying on the right day
Darc19 is offline  
Thanks from:
09-01-2021, 14:28   #803
dowtchaboy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,370
Just quoted €530 for 1,000 ltrs kerosene
(Graiguenamanagh - McConville oil)
dowtchaboy is offline  
09-01-2021, 20:43   #804
AMKC
Registered User
 
AMKC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 7,752
Hopefully Iran will be able to start producing and selling there oil to the world again and that will bring prices down a bit again.
Put ye fecking greedy Saudis cutting production now just silly. They are probably thinking that Iran will be selling its oil again soon so that is why they done it.
AMKC is offline  
Advertisement
09-01-2021, 22:35   #805
Darc19
Registered User
 
Darc19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 2,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMKC View Post
Hopefully Iran will be able to start producing and selling there oil to the world again and that will bring prices down a bit again.
Put ye fecking greedy Saudis cutting production now just silly. They are probably thinking that Iran will be selling its oil again soon so that is why they done it.
Oil Prices have jumped 40% in the last 2 months. (10% in the last few days)

With vaccines being rolled out, the market is expecting high demand for travel, so unlikely to see a big drop unless there is either an economic shock or as you say, increased production.
Darc19 is offline  
(2) thanks from:
12-01-2021, 17:36   #806
JimmyVik
Registered User
 
JimmyVik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 2,098
Come April oil prices will plummet again.
JimmyVik is offline  
(2) thanks from:
12-01-2021, 19:56   #807
6541
Registered User
 
6541's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,672
Why do you think Oil will drop in price ?
6541 is offline  
12-01-2021, 20:25   #808
TimHorton
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6541 View Post
Why do you think Oil will drop in price ?
Pay heed to Darc19 ,He knows what he is talking about , Called it right earlier in the year Brent Price related to Kero.
TimHorton is offline  
Thanks from:
12-01-2021, 22:08   #809
mikeecho
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darc19 View Post
Oil Prices have jumped 40% in the last 2 months. (10% in the last few days)

With vaccines being rolled out, the market is expecting high demand for travel, so unlikely to see a big drop unless there is either an economic shock or as you say, increased production.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHorton View Post
Pay heed to Darc19 ,He knows what he is talking about , Called it right earlier in the year Brent Price related to Kero.

True.

Also, the latest OPEC meeting, agreeded on a production cut.

With vaccines being rolled out, the world is opening up.

And oil is on the way back up.
mikeecho is offline  
12-01-2021, 22:13   #810
NIMAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 25,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6541 View Post
Why do you think Oil will drop in price ?
Would also assume people buy less home heating oil coming into the warmer months?
NIMAN is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet