Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wanted Groupset

• 21-01-2021 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Getting a Boardman roadbike from my brother that would have seen better days so lots of wear and tear on the drivetrain.

Looking for a nearly new rim brake groupset to replace an existing 10 speed Sram Apex groupset just to clean it all up again.

Open to Shimano Claris up to Shimano Tiagra.

Maybe someone has stripped a groupset as part of an upgrade project when the original parts are still in perfect condition.

What have you got?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

I'm looking for a few 105parts (shifters) to replace a Claris group on a bike and thus will have a full group, including wheelset, to move on.
    Claris Group is A1, very lightly used. The bike is for a daughter who finds the 11s levers easier to wrap her hands around than the Claris levers.
    TBH, it would be easier for me to buy an entirely different bike and not hack about this bike, but I've gathered the 105 parts (other than levers) and am thus fairly committed. That said, I'm looking to get a fair price for the Claris kit too (as the 105 will end up costing me more than the original full bike........)
    I can send a few pics of the parts if you are interested, PM a WhatsApp number or email address?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭longford76

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    I'm looking for a few 105parts (shifters) to replace a Claris group on a bike and thus will have a full group, including wheelset, to move on.
    Claris Group is A1, very lightly used. The bike is for a daughter who finds the 11s levers easier to wrap her hands around than the Claris levers.
    TBH, it would be easier for me to buy an entirely different bike and not hack about this bike, but I've gathered the 105 parts (other than levers) and am thus fairly committed. That said, I'm looking to get a fair price for the Claris kit too (as the 105 will end up costing me more than the original full bike........)
    I can send a few pics of the parts if you are interested, PM a WhatsApp number or email address?

Thanks for the response. Could you let me know roughly how much you’d be looking for so I can gauge?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

I hadnt researched this, tbh, so not sure. I should have remembered to add that the group is a triple, so that might be significant for you?

Would you want wheels (8/9 speed) as well as rest of group?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭longford76

I should have mentioned I wanted a double too..

That’s a pity as I liked the idea of Claris to keep it simple for the rebuild.

Good luck getting yours finished and selling the Claris Group

Advertisement