Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PW Draft 2021 - Discussion (and sign up) Thread!

• 01-01-2021 12:38pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Happy New Year folks - and of course everyone knows what time of the year that means:

giphy.gif

Er.... No. But it is PW DRAFT time!!

This year we're going to go with a theme that is rather close to my heart if you know me as a poster.

That theme is:
    tenor.gif

That's right it's a WEREWOLF themed bonanza!

Similar to other years, we’ll have 20 people (hopefully) competing in this years draft. The winners and draft admins of previous years will gain automatic entry to the draft, though it’s worth pointing out not all of them are even posting on boards any more.

Of course we won't stop accepting names at 20 sign-ups, there is always a requirement for a reserve list in case one or more of the 20 has to drop out for a plethora of reasons.
    I'll be sending a few PMs around to invite previous players to come back and participate again, and also hopefully trying to get a few new players on board.

Our list of automatic sign-ups is now at 5, should they wish to opt out they can let me know.

Sign-Ups:

1. Mr. Nice Guy
    2. Bounty Hunter
    3. beakerjoe
    4. Necro
    5. daithi1989
    6. Hello 2D Person Below
    7. paulie21
    8. JP Liz V1
    9. The White Wolf
    10. SlickRic
    11. Uncle Walt
    12. brianregan09
    13. NITRO95
    14. ShagNastii

As in previous years, the same rules will apply:

Rules:

Draft Order
    The order people make their picks is decided at random, via a completely unbiased List Randomizer website (random.org). There will be a number of rounds in which the drawing order will not be random. These will be made clear at the start of these rounds.

Tag Teams:

Tag Teams come as a package so for example if you want the Authors of Pain then you don't have to pick Rezar one round and then Akam the next. The rules for tag teams are as follows:

- Cannot have a world champion in them ie no DX or Hart Foundation
    - Must have tagged together for at least 3 months in WWE, AEW, TNA, ROH, NJPW or anything historically going under the NWA banner.
    - Intergender tag teams not allowed
    - Members of factions, ie Wade Barrett and Rusev, are not deemed valid picks as they are not classed as legit tag teams under the criteria for the game.
    - 5 tag teams is the maximum amount of teams for each roster.

World Titles:

World titles are considered as the following:
    WWE, World Heavyweight Title/WCW, TNA, NWA and IWGP world championship
    All incarnations of the WWE Women's Championship are also considered as World Titles

(Note: For the benefit of the game as a whole and to reflect the realistic loss in prestige of the NWA Title, only holders of the NWA Title up until the WCW World Championship came into use will be regarded as World Champions for the purposes of the game. Not including AEW World Championship just yet - it would only affect three stars all of whom have held world titles in other promotions)

Eligible Promotions:
    Any - it has all changed since last year. If you want to draft Bandylegs McGillicuddy from Ireland - as long as you can categorically prove he has had a pro wrestling match - he is yours!
    The only exception to this rule is in relation to tag teams - please see above.

Time Frame:
    None. The old pre 1970’s rule remains abolished.

There will also be a celeb round where celebs who have appeared on wrestling TV are eligible for picks.

- people who would be considered Celebs more so than wrestlers are only eligible to be drafted in the special celeb round and not in any other round

- Managers, commentators and female wrestlers are eligible if people wish to pick them. Once they are drafted - they’re yours!

Trades:
    Trades are allowed from Round 5 onwards but you are limited to 5 trades each. When a trade occurs it is superstars you are trading, not a pick in the draft, so you must be able to make the draft pick before they are eligible to be drafted, i.e all normal rules such as 5 tag team picks limit are still in effect.

Trades may be vetoed by those running the game in order to ensure a fair balance is maintained. However, this is extremely unlikely to occur for the vast majority of trades, and will only be discussed in situations where there is suspicion of other matters influencing the game.

Stip rounds:

There are a number of stipulation rounds lined up. Make sure to read each carefully, and if you're unsure what you're meant to do, ask in the discussion thread and verify your pick with an organiser.

Missed Picks

The draft runs under a 24 Hour rule. In other words, you have 24 hours to make your pick from the moment the person prior to you has made theirs. This will be enforced so as not to slow down the game. If you think you are going to miss your window, PM someone a list of who you'd like and they can make your pick for you. Should you miss your window, your pick will be pushed back to the end of that round.

Write Up Rules

Once the picks are made and rosters are assembled, the write ups commence. In the past, it has usually been a rule of 4/5 shows (weekly shows with a PPV at the end) is the maximum amount of shows a player could post. However, to reflect the dwindling efforts of the players to commit to a huge body of work/time in reading others work, it was changed to a maximum of 4 posts.

Now comes another change, and let's see how it goes.

Players are limited to a maximum of 2 posts.

One is for your company statement, to outline your roster - the major players, feuds etc. This is not mandatory,

The second post is your match card. Your ultimate fantasy match ups as drafted by you.

Due to posting limitations re: images, if you wish to extend your PPV across your two posts this is permitted.

Note - Rules may be amended during the contest to help run the game smoother if it's felt this is necessary but we will aim to ensure everyone is kept up to date if this has to happen.

Hoping to kick things off as soon as sign ups close - we'll say a week to allow people to have a think about it.

Hop on board if you dare....
    211245.gif

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hey, I'm thrilled its back and will follow along, but you can take me off the list. Brexit has dumped a lot of extra work on my shoulders this January so there's no chance I'm going to have time to get involved, even just for roster picking this year :(

For anyone new here though, I really encourage anyone to sign up. It's massive fun, and a cornerstone of this community. :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

No problemo Lordie, if things change before sign ups close let me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

I wasnt planning on joining this year, having had to rush posting shows last year and missing out on posting the year before.. But.. Feck it!

Sign me up!!

I also echo was Lord said - anyone looking in should join this - its really good fun and gives focus leading up to WM!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Thanks for the PM, Necro.

Definitely in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,758 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

I'm in. Keep me occupied during lockdown. Thanks for PM Necro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,817 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'll give it a go again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I'll give it a go.

Edit how many picks does one get.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Welcome aboard :) Nearly halfway there now folks!!

I'll give it a go.

Edit how many picks does one get.

There are 15 rounds, so would be 15 anyways and you can have up to 5 tag teams in that. Normally there are bonus picks made by another player for your roster or sometimes a double pick round.... but 15 at a minimum anyways :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Cheers for the PM. Haven't been posting as much and I don't know if I will be able to produce the same quantity as in previous years (say that every year tbh) but...
    6595q.gif?noredirect
    The BWA will return

I believe being the current reigning, defending, undisputed Draft champion it is my duty that if I was to bow out of the game I would do it in proper PW fashion, by going out on my back putting over a new champ.

but until then
    tenor.gif
    giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Hurry up and sign up you gutless yella bellies!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,010 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'm in.

Sure why not!

Welcome aboard Ric :)

*Woah... we're halfway there...*

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

Thanks for the PM Necro..

I thinks its time to come out of retirement

4kJqRUwDvA1eEXC8A

cm2zPq8ji4SDj4uT7

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Good on you, Necro. This proved a well needed distraction last year and we could still use that in these troubled times, so good to see the Draft back.

Monday Night Grappling is chomping at the bit to try and wrestle back the crown.

PeacefulBlindHake-size_restricted.gif

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

**** it why not i'm on lockdown anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭NITRO95

Ah sure why not, I'm in

Fabulous folks, welcome aboard - great to hear about your un-retirement Uncle Walt :D

7 spots remain - we can run with 13 of course, but I would really like to fill the roster this year. We had 16 last year so hoping a few more see the thread or PMs I've sent over next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'm in ;)

PUMP BUMP UP THE JAM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'm up to my eyeballs in work so can almost guarantee I'll have trouble getting write ups done.

But pencil me in for one more year:D

Welcome aboard ShagNastii!

Brings us up to 14, will give it another couple of days to see have we any stragglers. 6 places remain!!

Please don't put me in the middle of the picking order Necro xx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Throw me in if possible!

Welcome aboard bennyl10!

Updated Sign Ups:

1. Mr. Nice Guy
    2. Bounty Hunter
    3. beakerjoe
    4. Necro
    5. daithi1989
    6. Hello 2D Person Below
    7. paulie21
    8. JP Liz V1
    9. The White Wolf
    10. SlickRic
    11. Uncle Walt
    12. brianregan09
    13. NITRO95
    14. ShagNastii
    15. bennyl10
    16. A Brad Maddox Guy
    17. thebostoncrab
    18. wrestlemaniac
    19. Mr. Guappa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I came on to say the PM was appreciated but I'd be giving it a miss this year. But alas, now that I'm here....

gwiUDo7.gif

Count me in :pac:

Great to have you back ABMG :D

4 places left folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Great to see so many getting involved again this year - looking forward to this kicking off!

Lockdown 3.0 will help me better this year, hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Fusion Pro Wrestling rises again!

• Advertisement

Good to have you back tbc :)

Three slots remain, will keep sign ups open till tomorrow evening anyways and see can we get a full contingent.

Advertisement