Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recommend a good safe supplier

• 03-12-2019 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

Mr Lemon and I are looking for a good safe to be integrated into a built-in wardrobe. Most of the results are yielding digital safes (even expensive ones). They're muck in my opinion, they're flimsy and don't seem as sturdy and if the battery pack dies or malfunctions in any way when the safe is closed you are screwed. (and we don't like having override keys lying around).

We both prefer the classical safe with the analogue combintion dial (the standard "rotating one").

Can anyone suggest a good supplier in North County Dublin ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

IMO, unless it's bolted to a concrete wall, it could just get taken and worked on/opened elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Arklow10

Buy online - lots of options available and have fitted into a wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭TK Lemon

The safe will be bolted down in a secret location.

All safes I’ve come across now seem to be digital pin pads ones.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a supplier of a good twist lock combination safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,071 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

TK Lemon wrote: »

Does anyone have any recommendations for a supplier of a good twist lock combination safe?

I think these guys may do them

http://www.corkeysecurity.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭TK Lemon

Thanks for the replies so far. Whether or not the safe can be pulled out is not within the scope of this thread, it will be bolted down in a built in wardrobe FWIW.

My issue is that I'm struggling to find a classic twist-style combination lock. All that seems to be available is lock and key style or keypad.

We don't like the idea of keypad incase the battery pak comes loose when the door is closed or if the batteries die or even a loose electrical connection and having to keep track of an override key.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Die Hard 2019

Is it to protect things when you are out ?
    If so it's most important that no one knows of its existence and that it is hard to find and on finding it will trigger an alarm.

If it's to protect things when you are in then you need to understand that if the intruder wants you to open the safe you will open the safe.

The best option is to make it clear you do not store things at home that people would want.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Zenify

I bought a gun safe from a guy in kilkenny a few years ago. He does call outs and installs hidden safes too but I just went and picked one up from him. I found him on donedeal. If you search donedeal you'll find him advertising the Infac gun safes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

I have a small gun safe that was bought off the shelf and it's pretty good (I'll check the model).

It's solid steel, bolted down (I also set the bolts into concrete) and has 2 steel live-locking bolts with a 6 lever manual keyed lock with concealed hinges.

Depends on your size requirements but for standard household valuables/documents it's simple and does the job.

Advertisement