Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I slept with my colleague now what

• 06-12-2019 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Ok I don’t know where to start, I have a long distance boyfriend of 3 years, who I love and care about, he says that all his co workers know all about me and how great I am and his family treat me like one of their own. I recently started a new job and had a Xmas party last week where I ended up spending the night with one of my coworkers, I like him we get on really well and he says he cares about me and wants to be in a relationship with me that he’s never felt this way about anyone, his heart was pounding the whole time I was with him so I don’t think he’s playing me he’s so nice and pays attention to me we’ve been talking non stop everyday outside of work and if I was single I’d be the first to say yes to him. I’m so confused and don’t know what to do

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Ok I don’t know where to start, I have a long distance boyfriend of 3 years, who I love and care about, he says that all his co workers know all about me and how great I am and his family treat me like one of their own. I recently started a new job and had a Xmas party last week where I ended up spending the night with one of my coworkers, I like him we get on really well and he says he cares about me and wants to be in a relationship with me that he’s never felt this way about anyone, his heart was pounding the whole time I was with him so I don’t think he’s playing me he’s so nice and pays attention to me we’ve been talking non stop everyday outside of work and if I was single I’d be the first to say yes to him. I’m so confused and don’t know what to do

3 years long distance. When is this going to end? You can't build a relationship with someone like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Idle Passerby

The impression I get from your post is that you are no longer interested in your current relationship. You've said nothing about feeling regret or remorse, a fair bit about how much the colleague likes you but no mention of your own feelings. Reading between the lines, my assumption is the relationship has got stale, you want attention in the here and now and the colleague is offering that. Maybe it's time to call an end to the LDR.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

You are only asking what to do because you are afraid you'll end up single. If you want to stay with your current bf then you should tell him the truth and see what he wants to do and if he wants to stay with you . If you want to start new relationship then you should break up with your bf and then see where that leads with the possible new bf. Don't string both if them along because you can't decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭mickuhaha

Do the selfish thing and have both of them. I am sure nothing can go wrong.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10490838/polyamorous-woman-pregnant-partners-raise-baby-together/amp/

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Yeahthatsgrand

Ok yeah I get where all of ye are coming from and from reading back on what I posted it does look like I want the new fella but he’s now around more when my current boyfriend is not, I get no phone calls ever from my long distance lad and about 6 texts on a good day before he goes to sleep he never kisses me hello when we see each other if it’s been a weeks apart and does no cuddles on a sofa or in bed, he never says he loves me and puts it down to not being good expressing his emotions is that normal

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

It sounds like you are not happy in your current relationship and should end it, whether or not you decide to go for the other guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

Stay classy!!!!

How is this even a question? You cheat on your boyfriend of 3 years with a guy in your new job - he deserves better so break up with him.

Also you aren't doing your reputation much good if your jumping into bed with a guy from work, especially when you are relatively new and at the Christmas party.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 krysiapearson

Love comes in many forms, but if your not in love with someone and they are not around to work on the relationship then is it fair to yourself to continue?
    Also, regardless of my above statement, You cheated, things will never be the same in that relationship and now you have someone else's feelings to consider.

If you are unsure, and asking a board for advice, then be single and try to be happy in yourself before jumping in to a relationship with the guy at work just because he has said he likes you.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MissDisaster

Look, people don’t cheat “accidentally “. Your heart isn’t in your long distance relationship anymore so you’d be better off to sit down and seriously consider ending it. For both of you.Also cheating is so disrespectful I can’t even..urgh.

I also would advise against jumping into a relationship with your co worker. You need time to yourself to figure out where and who you wanna be.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭lozenges

Tell the guy you're in the long distance relationship with that it's over FFS.

After that - to be honest you sound like you'd be better off single for a while to figure out what you want. You come across as a bit immature in your post. Take some time to work on yourself before trying to start a serious relationship with whoever shows you a bit of interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,809 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sounds like you want attention which your new co worker is providing, you at least owe your LDB the truth, be honest and then maybe take it slow with co worker, see how it goes, he might lose interest if you are single

Advertisement