Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Marnocks Bay - Dun Si

• 16-04-2019 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

We have just put a booking deposit down on Dun Si the new part of St. Marnocks Bay. Just wondering if anyone else has and if you have any news on development?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Rickytumtum

Same here. No word on development though.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Whack1983

Same here. No word on development though.

Our solicitor got the contracts and we are signing them next week. No estimated date of completion i can see.

The houses seem to be well in the way to be finished

I should have been clearer. No news on the development apart from what I can see - shell is complete on most houses, driveways and paving has gone in and work is continuing on interior. I think white goods have also gone in.

We signed contracts and paid balance of deposit this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭baldbear

Traffic will be fairly hectic around there. Moyne Road, Clarehall etc. Huge developments have taken place around Clarehall in the last year & Clongriffin too is busy. I hope there will be enough amenities provided.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭airportgirl83

It's the noise from airplanes that put me off from buying there. I couldn't hear it in the house too much (thanks to triple glazing) but would find it annoying when sitting in the garden. It a shame as the show house was beautifully finished. However, for 600k plus I don't want planes flying over my head every 2min (actually timed it) until 11pm.

• Advertisement

baldbear wrote: »
    Traffic will be fairly hectic around there. Moyne Road, Clarehall etc. Huge developments have taken place around Clarehall in the last year & Clongriffin too is busy. I hope there will be enough amenities provided.

They are upgrading Moyne Road which will help hopefully but a lot of traffic around the area as it is before these new houses

It's the noise from airplanes that put me off from buying there. I couldn't hear it in the house too much (thanks to triple glazing) but would find it annoying when sitting in the garden. It a shame as the show house was beautifully finished. However, for 600k plus I don't want planes flying over my head every 2min (actually timed it) until 11pm.

Was worried about this too but have been walking the dog around the estate a bit and it’s not too bad.
    Live beside a train station now and don’t notice the sound after a while. Was watching the planes as I was in the show house and could not here them with the insulation and windows

I should have been clearer. No news on the development apart from what I can see - shell is complete on most houses, driveways and paving has gone in and work is continuing on interior. I think white goods have also gone in.

We signed contracts and paid balance of deposit this week.

Did you get an estimated close date when you signed?

Nope, no date given so far. Houses look like they’re progressing well but impossible to predict things like electricity and drain connection.

Nope, no date given so far. Houses look like they’re progressing well but impossible to predict things like electricity and drain connection.

We got an estimated close date of August which looks likely with how they look to be progressing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

The landscaping work look great. Particularly like the trees on the avenue.

Any word on prices for the apartments?

The landscaping work look great. Particularly like the trees on the avenue.

Any word on prices for the apartments?

Daft states €350k for two bed apartment and €425k for three bed duplex

They seem to be doing a good job on the estate

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

Reckon there will be queues ahead of the launch this weekend?

There was no queues for the initial launch.
    It was very busy and the three beds went fairly quickly.
    They had a number system ready but is was not needed really.
    Hard to tell about this weekend as it is different types of properties they are launching

Place was quite busy with people checking out the apartments. Lovely apartments they are too. Would be curious to know how well they sold or whether people were visiting out of curiosity only.

As for phase 1, any word on a closing date? I’ve been told next few weeks but nothing concrete given yet.

Went to open house today and they said there was one duplex left and two apartments, not sure about houses. There was a good few people around. EA said that they sold a lot last weekend.

No word on when our place is expected to be ready for snagging, still have not done the road in front of our house so that could hold it up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Whack1983 wrote: »
    Went to open house today and they said there was one duplex left and two apartments, not sure about houses. There was a good few people around. EA said that they sold a lot last weekend.

No word on when our place is expected to be ready for snagging, still have not done the road in front of our house so that could hold it up

Was just about to post when I saw the above post. I was over there today and was told there's 3 duplexs left and 2 apartments. Thankfully we got an apartment last week and delighted we did so as they're a nice finish and lovely location. Never asked about the houses though.

Small crowd today compared to last Saturday but they had long queues then, which is why they put all the apartments and duplexs on sale instead of the planned 10 of each according to what I was told. Apartments and duplexs are due for completion in Sept/Oct and December but never asked about houses.

We got a letter last week from DRes saying estimated completion is September for our place on the Avenue.

Whack1983 wrote: »
    We got a letter last week from DRes saying estimated completion is September for our place on the Avenue.

Our letter said August and we have been told today that we can arrange snagging from next week.

Our letter said August and we have been told today that we can arrange snagging from next week.

Thats great, sounds like they are on schedule.

Hope the snagging goes well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Wayne2412

How did snagging go? We got our letter to say October so they’re clearly spacing out the dates quite a bit. Can I ask what road you’re going to be on?

Wayne2412 wrote: »
    How did snagging go? We got our letter to say October so they’re clearly spacing out the dates quite a bit. Can I ask what road you’re going to be on?

It’s been about three weeks since the snag, I’m hoping they move things along now as we had been expecting to close this month, but at the same time I’m hoping the delay is down to them addressing everything.

I’m also curious to know peoples views on painting the interior of new house. I assume we have only been given base coats. On one hand, it was would handy to get some rooms painted before floor and furniture go in, on the other I know that some people recommend not panting for a few months to let the house settle.

Were there any big items on the snag list?

I’m not planning on painting although like you I realize it’s probably easier to do without furniture / flooring. It’s in part to allow the place to settle but also to live there and see what colors work in the space before we commit to painting it all.

Of course, a lot of decisions will also come down to the financial aspect - won’t be able to do things for a while until we build the reserves back up!

Drove past today and the fencing is down from the end of the Crescent so took a walk around and it’s progressing well. A few people moving in by the looks of it! Mine is still fenced off but positive - all look to be finished to a high standard on the outsides.

Anyone else can’t wait to get the go ahead for snagging?!

Drove past today and the fencing is down from the end of the Crescent so took a walk around and it’s progressing well. A few people moving in by the looks of it! Mine is still fenced off but positive - all look to be finished to a high standard on the outsides.

Anyone else can’t wait to get the go ahead for snagging?!

Its getting close now!

I can see some people are getting floors in and are moving in furniture already.

We were told September but not been called for snag yet. As our house does not have a driveway i guess we have another while to wait

Yeah saw people bringing in stuff into some of the houses over the weekend so some of the houses are ready to go and they'll be more ready over the next week or two so progress is ongoing.

There's no word on the apartments or duplexs as from what was originally an October date is now going to be November at least but as nothing is confirmed, that's just a hunch.

I was hoping October meant start of the month, but fear it’s the end now. Hopefully will be in by holloween - if only so we don’t push into November ourselves.

Fingers crossed your snag happens soon! Let us know if you don’t mind, will give a good guide as to progress.

@Chinguetta - are you moving into the apartments? It looked like they were progressing fast then all of a sudden feels like it’s slowed down. Maybe just all moved inside?

@Chinguetta - are you moving into the apartments? It looked like they were progressing fast then all of a sudden feels like it’s slowed down. Maybe just all moved inside?

Yes, we're moving into one of the apartments. Got the letter the other day to say October but it looks likes end of the month for snagging so probably November to be actually in it. Work is definitely going on outside with parking spots and lights so I'm guessing work is going inside too. Well I hope it is!!

We were initially meant to be September but the delay was when they sold all the duplexs and apartments on the one day due to demand. We're in the October group and the rest is in the December group. Where the divide is, I don't know. Now if we could just figure out the tiles to go with the couch:eek:

chinguetti wrote: »
    Yes, we're moving into one of the apartments. Got the letter the other day to say October but it looks likes end of the month for snagging so probably November to be actually in it. Work is definitely going on outside with parking spots and lights so I'm guessing work is going inside too. Well I hope it is!!

We were initially meant to be September but the delay was when they sold all the duplexs and apartments on the one day due to demand. We're in the October group and the rest is in the December group. Where the divide is, I don't know. Now if we could just figure out the tiles to go with the couch:eek:

Drove past today and looks like the apartments nearest the dart are done outside - all the work is the other end. Hopefully that means October on track.

Can’t wait to be in and start personalizing the place ourselves! We actually went and bought the same kitchen table and chairs as the show House... easy when you know it works! Still need to figure out the rest. Trying to decide on flooring, will likely have to live with concrete underfoot for a while until we make up our minds!

• Advertisement

Can’t wait to be in and start personalizing the place ourselves! We actually went and bought the same kitchen table and chairs as the show House... easy when you know it works! Still need to figure out the rest. Trying to decide on flooring, will likely have to live with concrete underfoot for a while until we make up our minds!

That's all the ahead of us all, sorted on flooring, sofa, table etc so have a good blast of stuff done already as it can be 12 weeks from order to delivery by all accounts.

Advertisement