Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New security cameras/doorbell

• 22-10-2020 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,181 ✭✭✭✭

Need to upgrade my security camera system and replace the defunct video doorbell

Looking at different systems and totally bemuddled by all the variations around now

Looking at Ubiquiti and Eufy as they seem to be kinda the best on market with local storage but both seem to have downsides
    Not interested in Ring or any other cloud based solutions - if I'm paying hundreds for a product I don't expect to have to pay every month to access the camera and recordings

Ubiquiti is really expensive to buy their "ecosystem" for everything to work and I'm not even sure what I would need to buy after looking at some product videos
    Eufy doorbell just needs a paperclip to steal the camera and is battery operated so blocking that access would be an hassle to recharge the battery

Can anyone give me some pointers?
    Not sure of the budget but shall I say 500 for a kick ass system (less would be nice as just spent a fortune on a home cinema system)? Doorbell and 3 cameras, local storage medium (could build a storage system myself if needed)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭capefear

fritzelly wrote: »
    Need to upgrade my security camera system and replace the defunct video doorbell

Looking at different systems and totally bemuddled by all the variations around now

Looking at Ubiquiti and Eufy as they seem to be kinda the best on market with local storage but both seem to have downsides
    Not interested in Ring or any other cloud based solutions - if I'm paying hundreds for a product I don't expect to have to pay every month to access the camera and recordings

Ubiquiti is really expensive to buy their "ecosystem" for everything to work and I'm not even sure what I would need to buy after looking at some product videos
    Eufy doorbell just needs a paperclip to steal the camera and is battery operated so blocking that access would be an hassle to recharge the battery

Can anyone give me some pointers?
    Not sure of the budget but shall I say 500 for a kick ass system (less would be nice as just spent a fortune on a home cinema system)? Doorbell and 3 cameras, local storage medium (could build a storage system myself if needed)

Hi did you get this sorted? as looking for something similiar

• Registered Users Posts: 17,181 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Got the Reolink system - works really good

No movement on the doorbell

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

fritzelly wrote: »
    Got the Reolink system - works really good

No movement on the doorbell

Hello, I am looking into getting some sort of CCTV outside my house. Would you mind letting me know which you bought from the system , I am a complete novice to this but looking for something with a once off payment, camera outside the front door and access to view on my phone/app. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,181 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Hello, I am looking into getting some sort of CCTV outside my house. Would you mind letting me know which you bought from the system , I am a complete novice to this but looking for something with a once off payment, camera outside the front door and access to view on my phone/app. Thanks

https://reolink.com/product/rlk8-410b2d2/

Advertisement