Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Assembling A Treadmill

• 16-10-2020 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,800 ✭✭✭✭

Folks,

Decided to bite the bullet and procure a treadmill. Help with my continued fitness / rehab improvements during the impending lockdown #2...

I received an email back from a supplier today who will deliver the treadmill to my door, but the rest is up to me. They do NO assembling because of covid. Just leave boxes on your doorstep... you sign for them.

Has anybody got experience of assembling a treadmill ? I’m reasonably handy with a screwdriver and wrench on basic enough stuff but throwing in electrics.... complicated assembling... I can envisage things going south.

Any insights as to how handy or otherwise it might be ? There is a video on YouTube that is slightly encouraging me to bite the bullet... but I’d love to hear from first hand opinions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭paddy19

Strumms wrote: »
    Folks,

Decided to bite the bullet and procure a treadmill. Help with my continued fitness / rehab improvements during the impending lockdown #2...

I received an email back from a supplier today who will deliver the treadmill to my door, but the rest is up to me. They do NO assembling because of covid. Just leave boxes on your doorstep... you sign for them.

Has anybody got experience of assembling a treadmill ? I’m reasonably handy with a screwdriver and wrench on basic enough stuff but throwing in electrics.... complicated assembling... I can envisage things going south.

Any insights as to how handy or otherwise it might be ? There is a video on YouTube that is slightly encouraging me to bite the bullet... but I’d love to hear from first hand opinions.

Assembly should be relatively straight forward.
    If it's a folding type it tends to be one unit.
    The main part with motor drive belt and platform has to be one unit.
    The most you might have probably have to do with electricals is plug the display in.

Bigger issue is hauling the bloody big box into the house on your own.
    It tends to be big, awkward and heavy.

Might be better to try de-box in the hall and slide the unit into the final destination.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

paddy19 wrote: »
    Assembly should be relatively straight forward.
    If it's a folding type it tends to be one unit.
    The main part with motor drive belt and platform has to be one unit.
    The most you might have probably have to do with electricals is plug the display in.

Bigger issue is hauling the bloody big box into the house on your own.
    It tends to be big, awkward and heavy.

Might be better to try de-box in the hall and slide the unit into the final destination.

Ya it will only involve screwing together the frame and plugging in a few idiot proof connectors.
    The deck will be pre assembled.

Advertisement