Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What’s your daily food supplement routine?

2»

Comments

Awesome.

Thanks all.

That’s the confirmation I was looking for.

Will go ahead and order now.

Edit - I’ll be using the above websites unless someone knows of a Republic based company I can use ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 NutritionUK

Great thread!

I just wanted to throw in my opinion. I think the key thing being missed here is the absorption levels of different forms of nutrients in supplements. The industry plays on the fact that if it says 100% NRV on the label we feel safe and like we're covered nutritionally.

But this isn't the case. For example calcium carbonate in most multivitamins is so poorly absorbed that you might as well not bother taking it. If you choose a well absorbed form like calcium citrate then just 100mg would take up a whole capsule.

The vegan society multivitamin is shockingly bad in terms of the quality of ingredients! definitely look further afield to this.

Tahini and chickpeas are awesome sources of calcium but if you want a supplement, a company called g and g make a nice calcium citrate without any additives.

Personally for omega 3 I go with good old organic flaxseed every single day!

Good luck :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Worztron

... The vegan society multivitamin is shockingly bad in terms of the quality of ...

Hi NutritionUK. Please can you elaborate on that statement?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Advertisement